Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've posted a few times about this one so I'm sorry for all the questions! I'm just wondering about the documentation part. I'm applying for the US one, and at the moment, I don't have the 5,000 AUD it wants you to have. I have the money to pay for the application, but not that. Thing is, I know for sure I will have that saved when I do move to Australia, so I'm wondering, when do they ask you to upload documents? Is it before you pay for the application, or after you've finished? And another question is, is it possible at all that they'll ask me for proof of it? Because I've read some stories where people didn't have to upload any proof, they just payed the application fee and got approved without any documents. Thank you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid the fee and got approved instantly.

My brother paid the fee and had to travel to London for an interview.

Two similar cases with totally different processes.
Damn. I didn't even know it was possible you could end up having to travel somewhere.

Did they ask you to upload any documents? Like bank statements, passport, etc.?

Thank you for your response!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Damn. I didn't even know it was possible you could end up having to travel somewhere.

When my fiancee applied for her WHV from Australia she didn't include any banking info, but said it was available upon request. Having said that, she did have the appropriate funds and was still approved right away.

Reactions: alexisss717

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

It was 5 years ago for me now so I honestly don't recall. It was however the basic application providing be bare minimum. My grant was auto generated by the immigration computer as the grant email arrived almost instantaneously after submitting.

My brother on the other hand had to provide everything you can imagine at his interview, you would have thought he was going for PR.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your responses! They've all been helpful! I guess, just like with any visa, every experience is totally different.. I just want it to be simple and fast. Nerve-racking lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.