Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am currently on a 820 visa, and applied for 801 since July, 2017, and we are living together on a daily basis.

However, there is a very good job opportunity in another town, which is 4 hours away (driving) from my current home. My guess is: if I get this job, then I have to live in that town from Sunday night to Wednesday noon each week (approx. 3 days), then travel back to our current home to live with my partner for the rest of the week.

Another thing is I don't know how long the job last, it's not a fixed term, my plan is to work in that remote area to get some relevant working experience first, then to see if I can find a job locally. And we don't wanna relocate to that town as my partner got a pretty good wage with his current job.

So my question is, if we living apart for only 3 days each week, and the rest of days together each week, will that (fly in and fly out) situation influence my 801 visa? .

Thanks and much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I don't think temporary separation due to remote employment will be an issue.It is pretty common in general society. Just make sure to collect evidence of your travel and communication during periods apart.

·
Registered
572 Posts
We were in that situation when we applied for the first stage offshore visa. We actually spent less time together during the week due to our work commitments than you (3 days together instead of 3 days apart).

So if they granted us the temporary and permanent visa despite spending time apart due to work, I doubt that it'll influence your PR (provided you have enough other evidence that shows you're still in a committed relationship).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think temporary separation due to remote employment will be an issue.It is pretty common in general society. Just make sure to collect evidence of your travel and communication during periods apart.
Thank you for your reply and recommendations.

I guess if I get this job, I would collect all the tickets and travel spendings as evidence just in case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We were in that situation when we applied for the first stage offshore visa. We actually spent less time together during the week due to our work commitments than you (3 days together instead of 3 days apart).

So if they granted us the temporary and permanent visa despite spending time apart due to work, I doubt that it'll influence your PR (provided you have enough other evidence that shows you're still in a committed relationship).
Thanks Jenne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.