Australia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
New to this forum, have found many useful discussions already. Although could not find answer to a specific query I have. Here it goes -

I (27 years old) graduated in 2015 from India having a bachelor in technology (mechanical engg.) from well known institute giving me points on visa application. However my work experience since then has been in software development, in that too I took a break to work on my unregistered startup/company for a year so probably would not have 6 years for RPL too.

I have a sibling living in ACT who has PR (brother in law has citizenship too). I'm thinking about applying for either of the following visas -

1. Relative sponsored regional 491 visa where I can score 90 points with B.Tech. degree in mechanical engg. without having any relevant experience
2. Skill based independent 189 visa where I can score 75 points with B.Tech. degree mechanical engg. without having any relevant experience

Is it possible that I get either of the visas and then I work as software developer in ACT (in case of 491) or anywhere (if 189) despite having assessed for mechanical engineering degree?

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Unless you have an employer sponsored visa that restricts you to specified employment you can work in any occupation, or not at all. If you did not work at all, you would be in trouble proceeding from 491. It might pay you to consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum for an assessment of your prospects.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That's a big relief if that's how it is. I'll surely get on touch with one of the agents here.
1. If I'm applying family sponsored 491 then do I need to meet ACT requirements for nomination and bother about ACT matrix?
2. I see that mechanical engineering is not in ACT critical skills required list, so is that a red flag?
3. Is score of 90 on a family sponsored 491 good enough?
4. Will it cause any troubles when I apply for PR after three years, given the fact that I'd have worked in a different domain, in those 3 years, from the skills I was assessed for ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts