Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I have a question about the Temporary Partner Visa Subclass 820 and our working rights. I am currently looking for employment and most employers want 'Permanent Residence'. When I called the Australia Government - Department of Home Affairs I was told whilst on the Subclass 820 visa I can not apply and be accepted for jobs that require permanent residence. Is this correct?
If so, what jobs can I apply for on this visa? It states 'Full Working Rights' however, this I find confusing as to what full working rights they are when we are not considered permanent residence.
All and any advise is welcome. I have been here 8 months and truly struggling to find employment here, even with over 10 years of employments.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your reply Wrussell. I can't believe I'm finding it so hard and all I seem to keep coming across is PR required jobs.
Do you have any suggestions to find work for expat's?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply Wrussell. I can't believe I'm finding it so hard and all I seem to keep coming across is PR required jobs.
Do you have any suggestions to find work for expat's?
The no with restrictions refers to visa aspect such as only work X hours or for X employer. So you don't have those restrictions.
It's primarily government related jobs that require pr or citizenship. As to where to find work. Any of the usual sites, it will specify in the job description if it's required.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
The problem is that many employers want employees that are local and no just temporarily in the country, ie: temporary visa holders.

They might specify that the applicant is permanent for that reason.

A well written application, that clarifies your situation, as an 'almost' permanent resident, can sometimes overcome that problem.

It may not overcome the problem of competing with others that have local experience, and absolute permanent residence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.