Australia Forum banner
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is a Vietnamese student (aged 23) who would like to come to Australia initially on a working holiday (ie 417 or 462 visa). His long term goal is to obtain a residents permit. The problem is that I don't know how to advise him on how to start the process. Unfortunately Vietnam is not on the list of eligible countries for youth working holiday visas. Can someone advise me please.

· Registered
6,928 Posts
Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)


This visa is for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year.


You might be able to get this visa if you:
•are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age
•don't have a dependent child with you at any time during your stay in Australia
•have a passport from: ◦Argentina
◦China, People's Republic of
◦San Marino
◦Slovak Republic

◦Vietnam ************ On list ( only hear rumour restricted to about 200 a year - not sure if true)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Not open for further replies.