Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello all, hoping somebody can provide some information before I engage a migration office for advise.
My partner is Filipino, currently still married to her ex, with a 12 month multiple visitor visa.
We would like her to be able to come to Australia to stay with me and was looking for information on the working visa process.
I understand this is only available to skilled migrants, but cannot find anywhere this list of skilled jobs? Can somebody point me in the right direction?
Is it possible to get a study visa and study for these industry classes then obtain a job?
Any information you could provide or link you know would be fantastic so I can do some research before reaching out to a migration expert to assist.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Is it possible to get a study visa and study for these industry classes then obtain a job?

Thank you.
Choosing a course of study with the intention of applying for some skilled visa later on is not recommended. Apart from the very high cost,by the time you finish your course, that pathway may not longer be available. Furthermore, most skilled and employer sponsored visa require post-qualification work experience making it even harder to make the jump from student visa to PR.

Tourist visas usually come with a 3 month stay period, so you may be better off applying for an onshore partner visa at some stage. Once the tourist visa ceases, you partner will be on a bridging visa with full work rights.

Obviously if she meets the requirements for a skilled visa now, that is a pathway that should be considered as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.