Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. My name is Raquel and I am currently in Australia preparing to apply for an onshore de facto visa. Our plan was to lodge our application around the 20th of January, but I have just learnt that the changes on the visa regarding the sponsorship might come into place any minute. I am really worried as I am in a visitor visa ( which will run out on the 11th of February ), I would hate to have to go through the the consequences of these events if they decide to do this before I lodge my application so I am suddenly in an extra rush to apply for it. Can anyone advise me if it would be wise to apply as soon as possible even if I don’t have all the documents ready ( I am working hard on it and hoping to put my visa together during the next couple of weeks ) or if in the contrary I should definitely not lodge the application unless I have all my documents. I just feel like I can’t wait two weeks in case they decide to make the new rulea effective immediately. Thank you all in advance.

Raquel and Luke x

·
Registered
91 Posts
Generally, migration agents seem to want to submit decision ready or almost decision ready applications these days. Generally it seems they recommend having the basic mandatory documents ready, the 888 forms, maybe form 80, etc. the only ones that don’t seem to matter straight away are police certs (although these days sponsor should get one ASAP) and medical check. I have also heard it shouldn’t matter if you apply and get most of the documents within two weeks or even a month. It’s subjective and no one has the exact answer but you definitely should apply ASAP. I predicted that the bill would be passed before year end so rushed to get my husband’s visa applied for in October. I also predict they wanted to pass the bill before the end of year so they have time to get the policy changed in place around February. But it’s not worth the risk to wait. Get it submitted ASAP with most of your documents ready to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.