Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
I suggest doing as Sky said: get the application and as much uploaded as you can, then email. And work on getting the rest done asap.

Reactions: BallyOz

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hi all. Just about to lodge the application tonight. Quick question: Do our personal statements need to be witnessed, or can we just sign and date them as we did first time around? As per usual, there is lots of conflicting advice on this.

Just to clarify, I mean the statements by the Applicant and Sponsor about their relationship, not the Stat Decs by witnesses, which have to be completed using the Form 888 and witnessed.
The applicant makes his/her statement in the application (in the boxes provided). The sponsor has to fill out a stat dec and have it witnessed: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Visa...s/Trav/Visa/Appl/Partner/stat_dec_sponsor.pdf

If the applicant does a statement, I don't know if it needs witnessed or not. Maybe someone else can answer that for you.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ok, well do up stat decs and load them in. If they haven't looked at your application yet, then there shouldn't be an issue. To be safe, I'd do them both as stat decs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.