Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

We successfully secured the partner visa (309) and are now due to apply for the second stage (100).

However, we were wrong about the second stage on two fronts. 1) we thought we'd be notified 2) we thought we could apply for second stage two years after it was granted (December 5 2018), not the date it we applied for it (July 24 2018).

Now, we are freaking out a bit here. Clearly the application needs to go in and quickly, but is there anything else we need to do? Are in we going to suffer the consequences for a late application?

Hoping we haven't made a complete mess of this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Called Home Affairs today, explained the situation: "mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!"

They said it should be okay (no guarantees, of course) and to contact the processing centre by email, while they put a note on our file (so anyone having a look in the next few weeks will see an application is coming). We're now going to try smash it out as quickly as possible. The evidence is all there, and strong, it's just a matter of getting it all together now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. With stat decs and the police check, it's going to take a little bit of time. The rest we will certainly be flying through as quickly as we can.

Hard to know if emailing would help or hinder the situation alright.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all. Just about to lodge the application tonight. Quick question: Do our personal statements need to be witnessed, or can we just sign and date them as we did first time around? As per usual, there is lots of conflicting advice on this.

Just to clarify, I mean the statements by the Applicant and Sponsor about their relationship, not the Stat Decs by witnesses, which have to be completed using the Form 888 and witnessed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The applicant makes his/her statement in the application (in the boxes provided). The sponsor has to fill out a stat dec and have it witnessed: homeaffairs.gov.au/Visasupport/PublishingImages/Trav/Visa/Appl/Partner/stat_dec_sponsor.pdf

If the applicant does a statement, I don't know if it needs witnessed or not. Maybe someone else can answer that for you.
Thanks. We seem to have made another mistake, which is approaching the statements in the same manner as we did for the 309:

- Two personal statements on the development of the relationship
- Joint statements on the nature of finances, commitment, household, and social context

All of these were signed, but not stat decs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again. You're very helpful and kind.

My wife will do her sponsor stat dec tomorrow. I have five comprehensive statements to address the questions in the form for the applicant.

Overall, I feel our evidence is very strong, it's just the delay in getting it in and the doubts around the process that have me worried... still!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.