Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I applied for student visa subclass 500 on November 20, no response yet and status is still on 'received'. I recently realized that I had chosen higher education sector instead of post graduate research sector and I filled the form 1023 to correct that, could this be why my visa is being delayed, would my visa still be granted, how long more do you think I still need to wait? Does the status 'received' mean it is not being processed yet? I am to resume January 7, 2019, is this still possible? Pls assist with any valid information, I am so worried...pls respond timely

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
What might happen depends to some extent on the processing office.
Be sure not to enter Australia after the commencement date of your course, or you might be 'turned around'.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Wrussell, thank you for the response, I however do not understand it...are you saying once my resumption date has passed, I can no longer get the visa or that I might not be granted which depends solely on the CO? Do they cancel visas for the wrong sector reason?

·
Registered
1 Posts
same issue

Dear all,

Can anyone help me please?

I realized after two weeks of applying for student subclass 500 visa that my education sector is higher education instead of postgraduate. Should I submit a form to change it or leave it to avoid delaying my visa processing?
I appreciate your urgent reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.