Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Im 23 and i want to go over to Oz, ive been before to Sydney & Melbourne and i want to go this time for more than justa holiday, full year infact. Im sure there are hundreds of like minded youngsters heading over in the near future and id like to be able to get in touch with some people before i head out as i will be going alone... I look forward to any replies :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Traveling alone

Hey. I will also be traveling alone to Australia. When are you heading over? I plan to go some time in June. Have you applied for your visa? I'm still in the researching phase. Let me know your plans because I really don't want to travel alone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
welshsurfer2 said:
I've just started saving, really wanna go out next year. Just gonna have to save like mad lol where are you guys looking to go?
I know how you feel. It feels like it will take forever to save up enough money to live comfortably over there. Not sure how fast i can find a job there. I want to live in sydney or close to the city. But I prefer the beach! what about yourself?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Coley,
If you're not sure about fruit picking (which I wasn't) try http://www.wwoof.com.au/ which is what I did.
Basically you buy the book (approx $60) which lists 1000s of jobs on all kinds of farms. Buying the book also covers you for insurance on the farm. You can stay as little as 2 days to months! I wanted to do vegie garden stuff as this was something I could learn and use in everyday life. I found a place within the specified postcode with work listed (mulching etc) and chose. You could travel the country with the WWOOF book.
Just an option for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.