Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Congratulations to everyone that has been granted!

I'm a Zimbabwean and submitted for a partner visa (309/801/2) on 11th June 2017. Awaiting news - it just says Submitted/Received. No action as yet.

However, I've come across to Aus early February on a Tourist visa (looking at schools/buying house etc/visiting family).

I'm wondering if anyone else has/had done the same. And if so, how you worked out the timing - to leave the country (as it's a requirement for Partner visa that you be OUT the country when it is granted). I presume that my Immiaccount will show something when they start looking at my application? (Maybe say "In progress" or something? Or will they contact you to ask you to leave so they can grant the visa.

My tourist visa is 3 months and I cant extend it after. So hoping it will be before 2nd May that my Partner visa is reviewed/granted.

Any advise would be appreciated!
Thank you!
Tara

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
We received an email advising us to go offshore for 5 working days.

Did you upload an attachment to say you are in Australia and to contact you if you need to go offshore. If not do that.

Is your current visa a multi entry?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much.
Yes, my tourist visa is multi-entry. I did upload a statement telling them that I was now in Australia and giving my residential/mobile contacts - but I might just send another one asking them to let me know when to go out.
Thank you, you've helped greatly. Glad they do that and allow you time to go and wait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.