Prospective Mariage or just Mariage in other country... - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree6Likes

Prospective Mariage or just Mariage in other country... - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
6 likes given
sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahM View Post
Please don't get angry, I was only trying to help. Yes you must be engaged, or really you must have the intention or marrying your partner in 9 months. I'll try to keep my English clear next time.
Sorry Its my bad... I Just get to excited and angry in the same time...Hope didnt make u upset. Thank U Sarah

SarahM likes this.

  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
6 likes given
Ok Guys... Sarah was clear.. Ok But I didnt get that at first place. And another thing is that. No U dont need to be engaged to be on PMV...I just went off the phone from Immigration. And there is no rulle that say we have to be engaged.

Take care guys


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,145
Users Flag! From australia

150 likes received
169 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexo View Post
Ok Guys... Sarah was clear.. Ok But I didnt get that at first place. And another thing is that. No U dont need to be engaged to be on PMV...I just went off the phone from Immigration. And there is no rulle that say we have to be engaged.

Take care guys
It's ok lexo, they are just joking around, please don't be upset, we all want other members to get their visas. I really do wish you all the best for your visa, and with good preparation you with surely get it

I'm a bit confused, engaged should mean "having (formally) agreed to marry", I don't know what happens if you come to Australia with the prospective marriage visa, and you don't get married, I think it would be ok but most people get married in that 9 months.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2011, 09:24 AM
augenblick's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 62
Users Flag! From australia

23 likes received
7 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahM View Post
It's ok lexo, they are just joking around, please don't be upset, we all want other members to get their visas. I really do wish you all the best for your visa, and with good preparation you with surely get it

I'm a bit confused, engaged should mean "having (formally) agreed to marry", I don't know what happens if you come to Australia with the prospective marriage visa, and you don't get married, I think it would be ok but most people get married in that 9 months.
My aussie friend's Russian gf applied for a PMV. The case officer asked her "will you two get married when you come to Australia?". She answered "well...if we decide to once I am in Australia then yes, we will see what happens...." and after a whole 9 months of waiting for a visa decision the case officer REJECTED her PMV visa application solely based on her answer.

When you apply for a PMV visa you HAVE to be sure that you will get married to your gf/bf. If you are applying for a PMV then you are ENGAGED (meaning you have formally agreed to get married as SarahM said ) That's how immmi sees it. You have to show them that you are both sure that you are going to get married. And yes, they will ask you when you proposed to your gf or vice versa. If you are not engaged well don't bother applying for a PMV

And if you DO get granted the PMV, and you DON'T get married as Booklet 1 states, you will more than likely get deported from Australia. If you don't believe me Lexo then have a read of it yourself.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf page 34

Hope that helps.

And on behalf of everyone I wanna say a big thank you to SarahM for all the time, effort and dedication you put into this forum. You must spend hours helping us all when you could be doing other things with your time. I just wanna say that it is very much appreciated (even if some other people here are ungrateful). I am truly glad for you that your husbands visa was granted so quickly and I don't begrudge anyone (which was stated in earlier threads). You have personally helped me with my case, so thanks again I wish you had some questions that we could help you with

Take care

Mari and ebinmoothedam like this.
__________________
Augenblick

My Ukrainian fiance's timeline:

  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
6 likes given
Soryy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by augenblick View Post
My aussie friend's Russian gf applied for a PMV. The case officer asked her "will you two get married when you come to Australia?". She answered "well...if we decide to once I am in Australia then yes, we will see what happens...." and after a whole 9 months of waiting for a visa decision the case officer REJECTED her PMV visa application solely based on her answer.

When you apply for a PMV visa you HAVE to be sure that you will get married to your gf/bf. If you are applying for a PMV then you are ENGAGED (meaning you have formally agreed to get married as SarahM said ) That's how immmi sees it. You have to show them that you are both sure that you are going to get married. And yes, they will ask you when you proposed to your gf or vice versa. If you are not engaged well don't bother applying for a PMV

And if you DO get granted the PMV, and you DON'T get married as Booklet 1 states, you will more than likely get deported from Australia. If you don't believe me Lexo then have a read of it yourself.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf page 34

Hope that helps.

And on behalf of everyone I wanna say a big thank you to SarahM for all the time, effort and dedication you put into this forum. You must spend hours helping us all when you could be doing other things with your time. I just wanna say that it is very much appreciated (even if some other people here are ungrateful). I am truly glad for you that your husbands visa was granted so quickly and I don't begrudge anyone (which was stated in earlier threads). You have personally helped me with my case, so thanks again I wish you had some questions that we could help you with

Take care
Thank U augenblick. U right.mY MSG WAS VERY UNGREATFULL AND I WISH I DIDNT WRITE IT.Well too late know in it. I think the same about Sarah. She helped me a lot and I was not polite at all. Like above. Thank u Sarah for all the support and help we all receive and am so sorry for stupid msg. Anyways Your info is very good and easy to understand. Is just me who is a ...! I can be not a nice person sometimes and I do regret it.
Anyways U right augenblick... We need to provide them with propper documentation but there is no proof of engagement I can provide them with is there?

Take care


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,145
Users Flag! From australia

150 likes received
169 likes given
No don't worry no one was being rude, we're all friends here

Let's just discuss the actual visa. Augenblick is correct, basically the principal of the prospective marriage visa is to get married in 9 months.

With the application you shoud provide a letter from the priest or civil marriage celebrant, or the authority who will be performing the marriage. They need to write in the letter where and when the marriage will take place.


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
6 likes given
Guys Guys guys... I dont wanna be a pain but all this time I was thinking that I need to provide them (immi) with some sort of photos from our engagement party. Pics of ring and stuff. And that was what i mean all this time. I know that I need to get married in 9 months...Ha haha. Is just old school peopple (my parents) think a lil diffrent and they asked me so how u wanna do it without propper engagement party and stuff. So I was thinking about getting my gf here for engagement party so we can have stronger evidence we are together. But from the other side this may take a lot longer to sorted. Corect me If I am wrong. So I dont need to provide them with engagement ring photos and our engagement party stuff like that? I think about giving her engagement ring when I get there. Easier to sort it nicer to do it in front of our friends.

Take care guys


Last edited by lexo; 08-24-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: mistake

  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,145
Users Flag! From australia

150 likes received
169 likes given
haha You don't have to have an engagement party if you don't want to You're parents are sweet!

lexo likes this.

  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 177
Please update your flag here .

47 likes received
Hi lexo

My partners PMV was approved without evidence of engagement party & ring etc. We are holding the engagement party while he is already here on the PMV & will submit photos of that with the 820 partner visa application.

Immigration do like to see, however, that you are indeed making plans to get married -- IMPORTANT! You can do things like get quotes from wedding photographers, reception venues, suit hire places, jewellers, etc etc (obviously with both your names on the quote, and including the proposed date of marriage), even pay deposits on things (you can always change wedding date later), put wedding rings on lay-by etc & submit that as evidence. Anything you can do now will help your application.

You should also definately get a letter from a celebrant/priest, saying that you have booked them for your wedding on this date & at this place. For this, you will need to complete & give them a Notice of Intention of Marriage & you may need to pay a deposit for the celebrant. Include a certified copy of the NOIM with your PMV application.

In your statement, Immigration will want to know how & when & the circumstances of when you decided to get married (ie day of engagement).

cheers




Quote:
Originally Posted by lexo View Post
Guys Guys guys... I dont wanna be a pain but all this time I was thinking that I need to provide them (immi) with some sort of photos from our engagement party. Pics of ring and stuff. And that was what i mean all this time. I know that I need to get married in 9 months...Ha haha. Is just old school peopple (my parents) think a lil diffrent and they asked me so how u wanna do it without propper engagement party and stuff. So I was thinking about getting my gf here for engagement party so we can have stronger evidence we are together. But from the other side this may take a lot longer to sorted. Corect me If I am wrong. So I dont need to provide them with engagement ring photos and our engagement party stuff like that? I think about giving her engagement ring when I get there. Easier to sort it nicer to do it in front of our friends.

Take care guys

SarahM and lexo like this.
__________________

  #20 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
6 likes given
Thank U for info...


Closed Thread

« mrs | 47sp question »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Police Clearance need from original country and resident country ? Maximus1973 Visas and immigration 11 10-24-2013 05:00 AM
Prospective mariage Criminal Records?? lexo Visas and immigration 5 09-29-2011 05:33 PM
How long to get out of the country? anj3lz Visas and immigration 2 12-18-2010 03:58 AM
Which Country to choose? first.step Visas and immigration 5 08-10-2010 11:15 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:51 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com