Speeding Ticket

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EmilyM

Speeding Ticket

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2015, 06:39 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From usa

1 likes received
Speeding Ticket

Hello Everyone!!
So, unfortunately I got busted going under the tunnel in Melbourne for a speeding ticket. It's not bad, just going 4k's over!!

Anyway, I'm over on a Bridging Visa (thanks to the help from everyone here) and just curious if this is going to be a big problem getting my residency?

Also- I only have an International Drivers license and my license from the States. So how will the police charge me for the 1 demerit that gets taken off? Am I supposed to or am I allowed to get a license yet?

Currently, the ticket written was charged to my partner bc he owns the vehicle, but I was driving. It asks to nominate the person who was driving if it is different than the person who owns the vehicle.

Any help about this would be appreciated!!!

Dinkum likes this.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2015, 06:54 AM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Don't worry speeding is nothing to worry about ... unless you run out of points .

Speeding fine isn't anything that will affect your visa.

The demerit points get taken off your international license and when you get your Australian license it will reflect this. So you will have 11 points instead of 12.

Each state is different with the rules but check there. Usually you have until 3 months after you get PR to change your license over (that is for QLD).

With licenses from the states you can jist go in and transfer it over.

Closed Thread

bridging visa a, residency, speeding, ticket

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WHV - one way ticket ADN1226 Visas and immigration 5 10-03-2014 05:34 AM
Train Ticket Jimdv Travel questions 7 02-14-2014 07:38 AM
return ticket daniel101 Visas and immigration 5 08-20-2012 12:17 PM
White Ticket Mhandire Jobs and work 2 11-10-2011 06:37 AM
Speeding Infringement as Proof of Address? miniature.moose Visas and immigration 5 08-09-2011 08:43 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.