stat decs from family members - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes

stat decs from family members - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 46
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashla View Post
Hi qwert, I haven't submitted my application yet, so I'm still new to this, but my parents haven't met my partner either and I have still gotten them to complete a stat. dec. We had tried to bring my partner back to Australia last November, but his tourist visa was refused, so we included that in the declaration and stated that my parents and partner had communicated with each other over the phone and video chatting on Skype. I know it's not really the same as meeting each other in person, but I wanted to add a declaration from my parents just to show that they know about and support the relationship. I have also gotten Australian friends who have met us both to complete further stat. decs for us though.

If you are applying offshore the Form 888 and booklet both state that you can use non-Australians to complete the stat. decs. So maybe you can get your parents to complete one outlining that they haven't met in person, but they support your relationship and then also get non-Australian friends/family to complete declaration as well. At least you will be covering all bases and really the worse that will happen is they just don't take your parents stat. dec into considering when processing your application.
Hi Tashla, thanks for your reply....

Form 888 does not actually say that use of non australian declarations is available if applying offshore, what it says is that if you are outside australia you can do it, but does not specifically state that this applies to ofshore applications.... (perhaps that was the idea, but this is definitely not clear from form 888)...

But anyway, thank you for your reply and best of luck in your process... :-)


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2011, 09:52 AM
tashla's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From turkey

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
Hi Tashla, thanks for your reply....

Form 888 does not actually say that use of non australian declarations is available if applying offshore, what it says is that if you are outside australia you can do it, but does not specifically state that this applies to ofshore applications.... (perhaps that was the idea, but this is definitely not clear from form 888)...

But anyway, thank you for your reply and best of luck in your process... :-)
Hmm, I see what you mean. But surely if you are applying for an offshore application then you will be outside Australia?

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,145
Users Flag! From australia

150 likes received
169 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashla View Post
Hmm, I see what you mean. But surely if you are applying for an offshore application then you will be outside Australia?

“If you are outside Australia and are unable to get an Australian
citizen or Australian permanent resident to complete a
statutory declaration in support of your relationship with your
partner, you may obtain statements from people who know
you and your sponsor. Such statements are not statutory
declarations under Australian law. However, in accordance
with policy, they should be witnessed or certified according to
the legal practices of the relevant country. Failing that, they
should be witnessed by a person whose occupation or
qualification is comparable to those listed above. This person
should sign, date and specify their occupation at the bottom
of the statement.”


But what you can do, is get the Australians to write the form 888 and sign it in Australia, then they can send it to you offshore, and you attach it to your application.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2011, 02:48 PM
tashla's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From turkey

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahM View Post

But what you can do, is get the Australians to write the form 888 and sign it in Australia, then they can send it to you offshore, and you attach it to your application.
yeah, that's what we've done for our Australian friends and family (if they ever arrive in the post! ), but we're also getting some non-Aussies to complete some for us over here and using them too just to help paint the picture of our relationship. i understand that the case officer probably won't give much weight to these non-Australian ones, but i figure they can't hurt to add to our application either.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,145
Users Flag! From australia

150 likes received
169 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashla View Post
yeah, that's what we've done for our Australian friends and family (if they ever arrive in the post! ), but we're also getting some non-Aussies to complete some for us over here and using them too just to help paint the picture of our relationship. i understand that the case officer probably won't give much weight to these non-Australian ones, but i figure they can't hurt to add to our application either.
Yes I agree. I think it's a great idea to get the same support from the family of the overseas country I think the CO's have to take them into account too.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tips on Stat Decs? suzannah Visas and immigration 29 02-07-2014 01:26 PM
Stat Decs Furryball Visas and immigration 5 05-31-2011 07:56 AM
Stat decs - how old can they be? west49th Visas and immigration 2 04-08-2011 12:34 AM
Stat decs? Shysweetie Visas and immigration 1 09-22-2010 11:53 PM
De facto and Stat Decs Shysweetie Visas and immigration 3 05-19-2010 04:00 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:31 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com