Tourist visa (high risk country)

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Tourist visa (high risk country)

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Active Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 31
Please update your flag here .

Tourist visa (high risk country)

I am from a hight risk country .Which tourist visa can i apply?

Can i apply online ?or dose it have to be submitted in person in the embassy of Australia?

can my partner( sponsor) submit the application on behalf of me in Australia ?

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Posts: n/a
Please update your flag here .

You've got several options there, depending on which country you're from. Check your eligibility for evisitor or e676, both online applications or 676, a paper-lodged application. Note that applying for a visitor visa you have to have a genuine intention to visit Australia. Also, you'll have to meet certain requirements, such as character ( not to have any criminal convictions) and health ( not to have any medical condition, tuberculosis, etc). If applying offshore ( outside Australia) you'll have to be outside at the time of the decision, and if onshore, you'll have to be in the country at the time of decision.Paper-lodged application can be mailed by courier to the nearest Australian Embassy. Tourist and partner visa are two separate visas, with totally different sets of criteria. Hope this will help!

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Perth
Posts: 197
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
20 likes given

Just to be clear, you're sponsor can pay for the visa in Australia, but if you're from a high risk country you'll have to submit your application offshore at the closest Australian Embassy. You won't be able to apply online if you're from a high risk country. You can either courier your application in (in this case, it doesn't matter if your sponsor sends it on your behalf), or submit it in person. Check out this website to find the closest Embassy or High Commission to which you will need to submit your application to:

Australian Embassies, high commissions, consulates, multilateral missions and representative offices

Good luck


Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Sponsored Links
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 44
Please update your flag here .

2 likes given
Hello All,

I need your advices regarding this situation.

I got PR visa (175) in June 2012. I ll land by the end of January 2013 to validate visa and sellte down there. I didnt include my wife in my visa application. however due to some circonstance, she has to travel with me.
What's the best way for her to go with me in January.
We are both from a High Risk Country.
She works since about 1 year in fully paid position.

We're so stressed and anxious cause of this situation. W'll be very grateful for any feedback.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help on which visa to apply for. High risk country. Aussiebear Visas and immigration 9 05-14-2013 09:01 PM
De Facto Visa Application - High Risk Country and other problems! Genga Visas and immigration 8 05-12-2013 09:51 AM
Applying for visa 309 without a migration agent in a high risk country y11 Visas and immigration 6 07-01-2011 08:48 AM
High Risk and Low risk countries auraglaze Visas and immigration 5 02-06-2011 01:53 PM
High Risk Country, Offshore Visa 309 and 100, with child questions noysee Visas and immigration 5 09-01-2010 03:01 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.