PR Visa - Updating passport and address details through Form 929

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

PR Visa - Updating passport and address details through Form 929

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2015, 01:06 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From india

1 likes received
1 likes given
PR Visa - Updating passport and address details through Form 929

I currently hold a PR visa (subclass 186) and have recently been issued a renewed Indian passport. I completed and sent Form 929 by post to the local Melbourne office to update my PR record with the new passport number and address details. This was sent on 12th Feb and it doesn’t seem like the update has been made (as far as I can see on VEVO). Is there any way to track the status of my request?

I am travelling to my home country this month, so would like to the status ASAP.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2015, 03:38 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4421 likes received
6268 likes given
All you can do is call Immi and check up on it. No way to track it otherwise. Generally calling when they open first thing in the morning means a little less of a wait time.

Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Active Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 14
Users Flag! From india

10 likes given
Did you provide copies of both your old as well as new passports along with the form?

Also, check your visa grant letter. It might have a section for "Changes of Passport details". Not sure about your 186, but the 189/ 190 grant letters do have this. It says:
It is important to notify us of changes to your passport details if you are travelling. This includes details of any new passport you obtain to replace a passport that has expired or been lost/stolen/destroyed, and any additional passport of another nationality you hold. The details of any new passport that you provide will be linked to your record on the department’s systems to facilitate your travel. You are required to do this in writing and notify the nearest office of the department. You can use Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details to notify us.
Alternatively, if you have your case officer's email, you can write to them as well.

Lastly, when you travel, carry both your passports - just to be on the safer side.

Sponsored Links
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2017, 01:52 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From philippines

Where we can send the form 929 .l send in Canberra but until now I don't have the answer yet.. what should I do.. can u help me please..

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2017, 03:34 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From australia

Wow I have the same issue

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2017, 12:04 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 659
Users Flag! From kenya

152 likes received
87 likes given
Hello Fellow forum members,

I need your help. I am on Permanent 100 visa granted 3 months ago. My home country is replacing all passports with an E-passport. This is suppose to be done within the next 20 months.

I wanted to replace it, unfortunately this is only done now in my home country-Kenya. This service is not available in Kenya high Commission in Canberra.

I am now planing to go to Kenya and apply for the E-passport. The following is my question.

How am I going to send the new passport and to which office? Australia high commission in Kenya or to PR 100 visa office in Brisbane?

Should I fill form 929 and send with the passport ?

How long will it take for DIBP to update my new passport in their system so that I can travel back to the country?

Please help



Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2017, 12:19 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From australia

Originally Posted by Ma page View Post
Where we can send the form 929 .l send in Canberra but until now I don't have the answer yet.. what should I do.. can u help me please..
The department does not update you at all. They have clearly mentioned in the form as well
Note: The department will not acknowledge the return of this
form and will not contact you to confirm these details have been

The best way to check is vevo with by logging in with you new passport details . If the record is updated it will login successfully otherwise not.

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2017, 12:22 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From australia

I have one question regarding the form 929 . Does anyone know what is
"Client number". In my visa grant letter i have file number and application Application receipt number but cant fine client number, is it TRN ?

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Form 929- Update New Passport Details Becky26 Visas and immigration 2 09-18-2014 09:55 PM
929 - Passport Details Joushi Visas and immigration 9 07-24-2014 10:01 AM
Updating new passport details manenough00 Visas and immigration 3 04-04-2014 09:06 PM
when to send a 929 form - change of address? Bea Mazur Visas and immigration 1 08-17-2011 08:31 AM
Question regarding change of address form? [Form 929] rackspace Visas and immigration 0 05-02-2011 07:47 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.