Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree4Likes

Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2015, 04:11 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10
Users Flag! From australia

5 likes given
Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream

Dear all,

I am helping my mother to come over to look after my baby and planning to apply for the Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream.

I am looking at the document checklist from Immi's website as the below linkage:
Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream: document checklist

I can understand the requirements, but to avoid any misunderstanding, I might need to confirm with you about the following matter.

It requires "(visitor's) Evidence of sufficient funds, such as personal bank statements, pay slips, audited accounts, taxation records or credit card limit.". Is this essential? I am asking this question because it is a little bit urgent and it is inconvenient for my mother to prepare for this evidence of sufficient funds, like the bank statements. Also I do not mind to provide the Immi with any bond, so do you think my mother still needs to provide this evidence? Is anybody in the forum who did not provide this evidence and succeeded in applying for this visa stream?

Your feedback and help will be highly appreciated.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2015, 05:20 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,125
Users Flag! From canada

1511 likes received
148 likes given
As far as I know, she still needs this evidence as proof that she won't need/try to get a job while she's in Australia. Depending on where she's from, you may need to provide a bond as well, but that's to ensure she doesn't overstay her visa so you only get the bond back when she's left the country.

comeon2012 likes this.
__________________
186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream
Granted Dec 2013

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2015, 05:28 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10
Users Flag! From australia

5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-May24 View Post
As far as I know, she still needs this evidence as proof that she won't need/try to get a job while she's in Australia. Depending on where she's from, you may need to provide a bond as well, but that's to ensure she doesn't overstay her visa so you only get the bond back when she's left the country.
Hi Maggie-May24, thank you for your reply. How about if I provide Immi with some evidence that I will provide food, accommodation, and other living expenses needed by my mother? Also since my mum is coming to help me to look after my little baby, so there is no time and no need for my mum to get a job. Thanks.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2015, 05:51 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,920
Users Flag! From australia

608 likes received
132 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by comeon2012 View Post

Hi Maggie-May24, thank you for your reply. How about if I provide Immi with some evidence that I will provide food, accommodation, and other living expenses needed by my mother? Also since my mum is coming to help me to look after my little baby, so there is no time and no need for my mum to get a job. Thanks.
It will depend on where your Mum is from and how long you want her to stay.
You can provide a statement that you are prepared to cover all costs including travel, accommodation, and food.
We have sponsored family members for vists, sometimes we have had to pay bonds ( up to $10,000 each )but for others nothing.
You really need to show a compelling reason for them to return at the end of the visit, that is there biggest worry. Of course a bond negates that worry.

comeon2012 likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2015, 08:28 AM
Tigerali's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 261
Users Flag! From india

16 likes received
22 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by comeon2012 View Post
Dear all,

I am helping my mother to come over to look after my baby and planning to apply for the Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream.

I am looking at the document checklist from Immi's website as the below linkage:
Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream: document checklist

I can understand the requirements, but to avoid any misunderstanding, I might need to confirm with you about the following matter.

It requires "(visitor's) Evidence of sufficient funds, such as personal bank statements, pay slips, audited accounts, taxation records or credit card limit.". Is this essential? I am asking this question because it is a little bit urgent and it is inconvenient for my mother to prepare for this evidence of sufficient funds, like the bank statements. Also I do not mind to provide the Immi with any bond, so do you think my mother still needs to provide this evidence? Is anybody in the forum who did not provide this evidence and succeeded in applying for this visa stream?

Your feedback and help will be highly appreciated.

i applied for my wife under this stream, i have no idea if yours is different case but in our case only i showed financial evidences n savings in my account as i am the sponsor, so its my responsibilty to take the expenses of her stay.She didnt need to show any and visa was granted, i wasnt asked for any bond, they ask for bond when you dont provide any strong ground for going bak..think it wil work the same way for your mother but its just opinion, not sure n yes imp is providing evidence that she wil go bak to her homecountry

comeon2012 likes this.

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10
Users Flag! From australia

5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesteve View Post
It will depend on where your Mum is from and how long you want her to stay.
You can provide a statement that you are prepared to cover all costs including travel, accommodation, and food.
We have sponsored family members for vists, sometimes we have had to pay bonds ( up to $10,000 each )but for others nothing.
You really need to show a compelling reason for them to return at the end of the visit, that is there biggest worry. Of course a bond negates that worry.
Hi aussiesteve, thanks for your reply. My mum is from China and will be expected to stay 3-6 months. When I asked the IMMI if the evidence of sufficient funds is essential and how much is enough, the reply was that the evidence of sufficient funds (AUD 1000/month) will "smooth" the process.

Do you think I can provide a statement that I am prepared to cover all costs, including travel, accommodation, and food, rather than provide the evidence of my mum's sufficient funds? Thanks.


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2015, 10:04 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,920
Users Flag! From australia

608 likes received
132 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by comeon2012 View Post

Hi aussiesteve, thanks for your reply. My mum is from China and will be expected to stay 3-6 months. When I asked the IMMI if the evidence of sufficient funds is essential and how much is enough, the reply was that the evidence of sufficient funds (AUD 1000/month) will "smooth" the process.

Do you think I can provide a statement that I am prepared to cover all costs, including travel, accommodation, and food, rather than provide the evidence of my mum's sufficient funds? Thanks.
Along with our offer to cover all costs ,We were the ones who provided the proof of our financial capability, bank accounts, payslips, rate notices etc.
Also make sure you say in your statement that she will be helping you with your infant.

comeon2012 likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2015, 04:32 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 29
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by comeon2012 View Post
Dear all,

I am helping my mother to come over to look after my baby and planning to apply for the Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream.

I am looking at the document checklist from Immi's website as the below linkage:
Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream: document checklist

I can understand the requirements, but to avoid any misunderstanding, I might need to confirm with you about the following matter.

It requires "(visitor's) Evidence of sufficient funds, such as personal bank statements, pay slips, audited accounts, taxation records or credit card limit.". Is this essential? I am asking this question because it is a little bit urgent and it is inconvenient for my mother to prepare for this evidence of sufficient funds, like the bank statements. Also I do not mind to provide the Immi with any bond, so do you think my mother still needs to provide this evidence? Is anybody in the forum who did not provide this evidence and succeeded in applying for this visa stream?

Your feedback and help will be highly appreciated.
Hi you will need to fill 1418 and 1149 forms. there are questions there on the form which will require you to fill information on financial evidences. i applied the family sponsored for my mum n dad . i sent a paper based application to bris, i got the acknowledgement , and now waiting for decision


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2015, 05:48 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24
Users Flag! From pakistan

2 likes given
Hi,
I am currently living in Melbourne on PR visa and working full job as software engineer for last 2 and half years here in Australia.

We are also expecting baby in August, so I am also going to apply subclass 600 sponsored family stream visa for my parents (both mother and father) to help me and my wife during pregnancy and after baby birth.

Can anyone please answer me the followings:
1- As i am sponsoring my parents for this visa (staying max for 2 months), is there minimum amount that i should have in my bank account ?
2- May i apply online from ImmiAccount for this visa and if yes, then should i be only submitting one sponsored application having two separate forms 1418 for both parents ? (along with other related documents)

I would be really thankful, if anyone can assist me in this as soon as possible, because i am planning to apply on coming Monday.

Regards,


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2015, 06:13 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 29
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by raja.asim View Post
Hi,
I am currently living in Melbourne on PR visa and working full job as software engineer for last 2 and half years here in Australia.

We are also expecting baby in August, so I am also going to apply subclass 600 sponsored family stream visa for my parents (both mother and father) to help me and my wife during pregnancy and after baby birth.

Can anyone please answer me the followings:
1- As i am sponsoring my parents for this visa (staying max for 2 months), is there minimum amount that i should have in my bank account ?
2- May i apply online from ImmiAccount for this visa and if yes, then should i be only submitting one sponsored application having two separate forms 1418 for both parents ? (along with other related documents)

I would be really thankful, if anyone can assist me in this as soon as possible, because i am planning to apply on coming Monday.

Regards,
1. you should have enough in your bank to financially take care of your parents during their stay.

2.when applying from Australia, you will need to send a paper based application to Sydney office , once you have received the acknowledgement you can import your application to immi account and yes you will need to fill 2 separate forms 1418

Visitor visa (subclass 600) (this has all the information)


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visitor (subclass 600) visa: Tourist or Sponsored Family Stream? jajp23 Visas and immigration 84 10-05-2016 09:55 AM
HELP Family sponsored visa (subclass 600) Cathy Visas and immigration 18 08-14-2014 05:24 AM
Holidaying on Visitor FA / 600 Business Stream VIsa Eugene Visas and immigration 2 03-28-2014 06:32 AM
Need Help Regarding Visitor Sponsored Family stream but need Multiple Entries kaga Visas and immigration 2 11-17-2013 03:58 PM
Sponsored Family Visitor visa (Subclass 679) or Tourist visa (Subclass 676)? Zoheb Visas and immigration 0 06-08-2011 12:31 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:03 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com