How apply or extend visa onshore, while holding a tourist visa subclass 676?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

How apply or extend visa onshore, while holding a tourist visa subclass 676?

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2011, 04:23 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From ukraine

Question How apply or extend visa onshore, while holding a tourist visa subclass 676?

Hi everyone!
Please, I need an advice.
The situation is following, I've met my soul-mate, my boyfriend (an Australian citizen) in August, while we both were travelling;
he already visited me, and met my family and friends,
right now I'm in Australia as a holder of tourist visa subclass 676,
permitted to stay for 6 weeks from date of arrival;
- 8101: no work;
- 8201: max 3 month study;
- 8503: no further stay;
And we don't want to be separated ever again, now trying to find a way how to apply onshore for the (de facto) partner visa.
Could someone give us an advise what to do in this situation, what are the possible options?
or at least how to use the 8201: max 3 month study, so we could extend my staying here for this 3 month...

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2011, 05:02 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Perth
Posts: 197
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
20 likes given
With the 8503 No Further Stay condition, I'm afraid that there is no way you can stay in the country beyond the period of your current visa, as that condition prevents you from applying for any other visas while onshore.


Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2011, 06:48 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From ukraine

Dear missmullen,
thank you for your reply.
Maybe you know, that 8201 condition (max 3 month study) it is possible to use this, and how, so we could at least spend these 3 month while I'll be studying, and we'll have more time to think of the possible options

Sponsored Links
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,145
Users Flag! From australia

150 likes received
169 likes given

Missmullen is correct. Basically the 8503 means that you are not allowed to apply for another visa while you are on your tourist visa. You have to leave Australia when the visa expires, and when you want to come back you must apply for a new visa.

"8201: max 3 month study" This means that while you have this tourist visa, you are allowed to study but not for more than 3 months. You cannot stay in Australia on your tourist visa after its expiry. If you want to study for more than 3 months, you must apply for a Student visa from your home country.

I'm afraid you have no choice in the matter, you must follow the rules imposed on your visa.

If you intend to marry your boyfriend, you can go home and apply for a prospective marriage visa, which will give you 9 months to marry your boyfriend, after which you must apply for a partner visa.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Onshore or offshore - Tourist 676 and partner visa - Advice pls? Genga Visas and immigration 2 11-12-2011 09:30 AM
Sponsored Family Visitor visa (Subclass 679) or Tourist visa (Subclass 676)? Zoheb Visas and immigration 0 06-08-2011 12:31 AM
Apply for 2nd tourist visa raymp Visas and immigration 0 02-24-2011 05:55 PM
Student Visa to Tourist Visa then Extend or Change to Student aussiebrasil Visas and immigration 3 09-12-2010 11:05 PM
VERY URGENT!!holding BridingVisaE,can I apply offshore 175 but stay in Australia?? jchan0425 Visas and immigration 2 03-22-2010 12:16 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.