Need an advice for my partner can we get married on Tourist VISA in Australia

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Need an advice for my partner can we get married on Tourist VISA in Australia

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:16 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From india

Need an advice for my partner can we get married on Tourist VISA in Australia

Hi , I Need an advice for my partner , I am based out of Sydney Australia on 457 Temporary long term stay and just arrived in Australia 1 month ago. I wanted to bring my gf here in Australia and planning to get married . I did not process the partner VISA due lack of evidence to proof our relationship .
1-I would like to know what is the best and fastest way to bring my partner here ?
2-Due to new assignment I donít want to go back to India to get formally married with Indian tradition probably that i will do year later .For now we wanted to stay together and if Australia Immigration laws allow to get married here .
3- Can i sponsor her on Tourist VISA and later once we get married that status changed and she can legally work in Australia .

Please guys please suggest me the best possible way !!

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:49 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 177
Please update your flag here .

47 likes received
Hey Mujeeb

You have be at least a Permanent Resident to apply for a spouse visa for Australia. If you didn't have enough relationship evidence to include her as your partner on your 457 before, I'd doubt you'd have enough evidence even with a marriage certificate to include her now. Also, I reckon the CO might question why you had a quickie marriage in Australia without family & friends from India attending, rather than the big traditional wedding.......? Another thing is, that almost all tourist visas from a high risk country (including India) come with a "no further stay" restriction, meaning if she came here on the Tourist Visa, she would be unable to extend/change/apply for any other visa while onshore. She would need to return to India....

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:57 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 530
Users Flag! From australia

68 likes received
You can apply to have her added to your 457 visa. If approved she will have full work rights. There probably is a fee and she will have to satisfy health and character checks. Look on the Immi website and search for 457 defacto.

Whatnext: Australian Sponsor
Husband Brazilian

Sponsored Links
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2011, 05:46 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From india

Hi , i would have add her for 457 but my employeer is not ready to sponser for my partner visa as i did mention my marital status- Single while applying for my visa and that happen recently just 2 months back .They might give the sponsership once we get married so that why i wanted to know if she come here as Touriest and we get married here . later once her visa duartion about to expire we both can go back to home country and change her VISA status to partner .

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From india

Hey Thanks for the reply . Answer to the question - I can justify saying due to my new assignment i cannot afford a traditional marriage and it’s a fact i have not earned enough to go back to India which again a travel cost on my head additional . Apart from this in India due to traditional difference we cannot live together and thatz what immigration need , we don’t have thing comman on our name , no joint account , only proof we have is just few pics and short trip 2-3 days holiday .
question - I am asking to sponser financially to take care of her expences to bering her here on touriest visa can i do that ? As she is not that finacally sound enough .

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what Visa if Married to a australian? sonity Visas and immigration 1 09-11-2011 04:56 AM
Already Married and Defacto Visa xomox Visas and immigration 5 07-06-2011 10:52 AM
Getting married in Australia on a tourist visa... pinkrishia Travel questions 1 08-26-2010 04:54 PM
Getting Married After Student Visa Granted sra Visas and immigration 1 06-18-2010 04:10 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.