Maritime crew visa subclass 988

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Maritime crew visa subclass 988


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2015, 02:23 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 9
Users Flag! From india

Maritime crew visa subclass 988

Hi

Can anybody give me contact of agent or agency who provide me job in shipping company auatrlia
I already have visa(988).


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2015, 02:57 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,970
Users Flag! From australia

624 likes received
146 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patelb28487 View Post
Hi

Can anybody give me contact of agent or agency who provide me job in shipping company auatrlia
I already have visa(988).
Hi this visa will only allow you to enter Australia by sea as a member of a ships crew. You can't come to Australia and work.
Unfortunately there are a lot of scams around.
Please see the link which explains it all.
https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/988.aspx

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2015, 03:47 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 9
Users Flag! From india

Thank you

I know its scams

But is there any shipping company or agency provide me job.
Bcz we r 5 ppl who get this visa but offer letter may be fake.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2015, 02:15 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,188
Users Flag! From canada

1522 likes received
148 likes given
This forum is set up to help people with their visa and related issues, not to help people find work. We also seldom see 988 visa questions so I don't think you'll find many posters who have experience with this visa or occupation. You'd be better off using Google to identify shipping companies or agencies that may work in this area.

__________________
186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream
Granted Dec 2013

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2015, 02:36 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,970
Users Flag! From australia

624 likes received
146 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-May24 View Post
This forum is set up to help people with their visa and related issues, not to help people find work. We also seldom see 988 visa questions so I don't think you'll find many posters who have experience with this visa or occupation. You'd be better off using Google to identify shipping companies or agencies that may work in this area.
I have experience with the visa as my brother in law is a marine engineer and holds this very visa.
As i said previously the visa is only of use to a crew member of a ship entering Australia by sea, and as you are not a crew member it is useless.
You cant work here.You cant look for work here. As Maggie May has said look on Google for marine recruitment agencies in your own countries.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2015, 10:39 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From usa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesteve View Post
I have experience with the visa as my brother in law is a marine engineer and holds this very visa.
As i said previously the visa is only of use to a crew member of a ship entering Australia by sea, and as you are not a crew member it is useless.
You cant work here.You cant look for work here. As Maggie May has said look on Google for marine recruitment agencies in your own countries.
Everything SCAM very careful


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maritime crew visa subclass 988 Patelb28487 Jobs and work 3 05-12-2015 02:06 AM
Maritime visa subclass 988 manishmns Visas and immigration 3 04-07-2015 10:18 AM
How to confirm visa 988 for aus from goverment site Patelb28487 Visas and immigration 7 04-07-2015 09:44 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:50 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com