Independent employment visa for Oz without requiring PR?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Independent employment visa for Oz without requiring PR?

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Independent employment visa for Oz without requiring PR?

My husband and I intend to migrate to Australia, but there doesn't appear to be any temporary working visa that isn't sponsored.

We have travelled around the world for years (South Africa, Ireland, Fiji, UK, Guyana) and our initial visa was always just a standard working visa, (with extensions applied periodically when needed).
We then entered the country, secured jobs and worked away happily for years.

From everything I have read on the site, it doesn't appear that Australia offers this sort of visa.
Either, you need be employer/state-sponsored to get a temporary working visa, OR you need to apply for permanent residency.

Is there not just a simple, old-fashioned working visa we can apply for, without sponsorship, and without a secured job?
Why must we apply for permanent residency??

We easily qualify for Permanent Residency (I have 95, he has 90 points) and we, fortunately, can afford the expense of the visa and the move (and shipping & quarantine for the dog!), but the PR application process is such a massive deal- timescale being the biggest hindrance (I want to leave asap), .

Information which might assist someone in thinking of an unusual visa we might apply for:
-I'm a teacher, he is an engineer.
-We are both in our early 30s.
-We have family members there (my brother in Melb, his sister and b-i-l in Perth, his parents in Perth). We do have family living elsewhere (Europe and South America).
-I have a Uni of Melb undergraduate degree.

To anyone who can help in any way, I am grateful.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VISA Subclass - Skilled Independent 175 or 885 jyotikhtr Visas and immigration 1 06-05-2011 12:47 PM
Skilled Independent Visa jponcen Visas and immigration 4 05-03-2011 07:57 PM
VISA Skilled Independent 175 how to win25 Visas and immigration 8 03-13-2011 02:22 PM
skilled 175 independent visa.... sohit Visas and immigration 9 05-19-2010 04:27 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.