820 VISA - Applied May 2015. Anyone else around the same time?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree6Likes

820 VISA - Applied May 2015. Anyone else around the same time?


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2015, 05:49 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 28
Users Flag! From uk

2 likes received
22 likes given
Smile 820 VISA - Applied May 2015. Anyone else around the same time?

Hi - Just wondering if anyone else has applied for the 820 Partner Visa around May 2015 (we applied on the 5th!!), and whether they have had any correspondence at all? Or for anyone who applied previous to this date, how long it took before they received any kind of correspondence?!

I'm freaking out about getting all the right documents uploaded and I feel like it's a bit of a mess, or that I'm uploading things that are irrelevant. But I feel it's better to be over-prepared than under! Just got to book my medical assessment, which I'm a bit worried about, and upload a few more documents and then it should be fine for them to proceed. Does anyone know if they get in contact with you if you have insufficient details or evidence to accompany your application?

xx


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2015, 06:08 AM
syd syd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 524
Users Flag! From australia

146 likes received
211 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivNaomi View Post
Hi - Just wondering if anyone else has applied for the 820 Partner Visa around May 2015 (we applied on the 5th!!), and whether they have had any correspondence at all? Or for anyone who applied previous to this date, how long it took before they received any kind of correspondence?!

I'm freaking out about getting all the right documents uploaded and I feel like it's a bit of a mess, or that I'm uploading things that are irrelevant. But I feel it's better to be over-prepared than under! Just got to book my medical assessment, which I'm a bit worried about, and upload a few more documents and then it should be fine for them to proceed. Does anyone know if they get in contact with you if you have insufficient details or evidence to accompany your application?



xx
Hi there,

I applied May 14, 2015 and living in Adelaide as well .

It's highly unlikely that you will receive any correspondence this early in the waiting game unless you or your sponsor were not eligible to lodge an application.

DIBP is under no obligation to request additional information except police checks and medical. It's best to upload all that's applicable to you within a few weeks of submitting your application. Also, some people get a visa decision without any contact at all.

I'm toying with the idea of waiting awhile to do medicals since I don't want to risk having to do them again (hate blood tests lol). Applications are taking 12-15 months these days so be prepared for the long wait.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat some time .

LivNaomi likes this.
__________________
820 Submitted : May 2015
820 Granted : May 2016
801 Submitted : May 23, 2017
801 Granted : May 23, 2018
Citizenship submitted : June 22, 2019
Test date : September 23, 2019

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2015, 06:13 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 31
Users Flag! From uk

8 likes received
4 likes given
Hi,

I applied March 26th. Am also in the process of uploading evidence, a lot of it!

Yeah, I've heard similar in regards to contact. By the sounds of things, it's a waiting game from here.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2015, 06:39 AM
GadoGadoGal's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: ACT, California & Colombia
Posts: 283
Users Flag! From usa

100 likes received
178 likes given
Hi all,
I applied on 23 March 2015 online. We uploaded the majority of evidence, including police checks, within the first two weeks, but added a couple of other things about four weeks after the original submission date. We plan to submit the medicals about 4-6 months after original submission. This may sound weird, but I am hoping we'll never hear from DIBP except to just one day receive the grant notice. I gave them so much information I am not really interested in doing more (but will if they ask, of course!). I'll let you folks know if I do hear something, though.
Cheers,
Misha

ms.scarlet and LivNaomi like this.
__________________


Visa: 820/801 Partner (Married)
Nationality: U.S./Netherlands
Applied: Online, Onshore, No Agent
Application Date: 23 March 2015
Police Checks: 26 March 2015
Medicals: 21 August 2015
Visa Grant Date: 13 September 2016 (801)

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2015, 12:32 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 28
Users Flag! From uk

2 likes received
22 likes given
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pevs View Post
Hi,

I applied March 26th. Am also in the process of uploading evidence, a lot of it!

Yeah, I've heard similar in regards to contact. By the sounds of things, it's a waiting game from here.
I'm also still uploading a lot of evidence.. I got a bit worried as it seemed that a lot of people uploaded pretty much straight away! I got my boyfriend to do his part of the application, submitted that, then uploaded the bits of evidence I had handy, and now it's a case of scanning in multiple documents/travel tickets/bills/receipts etc etc etc... I just don't know if I'm going a bit over the top! hahah x


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2015, 12:34 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 28
Users Flag! From uk

2 likes received
22 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadoGadoGal View Post
Hi all,
I applied on 23 March 2015 online. We uploaded the majority of evidence, including police checks, within the first two weeks, but added a couple of other things about four weeks after the original submission date. We plan to submit the medicals about 4-6 months after original submission. This may sound weird, but I am hoping we'll never hear from DIBP except to just one day receive the grant notice. I gave them so much information I am not really interested in doing more (but will if they ask, of course!). I'll let you folks know if I do hear something, though.
Cheers,
Misha
I'm a bit unsure when to do the medical. I kind of want it over and done with and out of the way so I don't have to worry about it any longer!! It is just the main applicant that needs the medical, is that correct? My partner is Australian, and wont need to have one done as far as I'm aware?

Liv


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2015, 07:05 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From iran

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
Hi there,

I applied May 14, 2015 and living in Adelaide as well .

It's highly unlikely that you will receive any correspondence this early in the waiting game unless you or your sponsor were not eligible to lodge an application.

DIBP is under no obligation to request additional information except police checks and medical. It's best to upload all that's applicable to you within a few weeks of submitting your application. Also, some people get a visa decision without any contact at all.

I'm toying with the idea of waiting awhile to do medicals since I don't want to risk having to do them again (hate blood tests lol). Applications are taking 12-15 months these days so be prepared for the long wait.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat some time .
hello,I've heard from this year we have to wait the standard processing time n we can't get the visa sooner us that true??


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2015, 04:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 61
Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
82 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pevs View Post
Hi,

I applied March 26th. Am also in the process of uploading evidence, a lot of it!

Yeah, I've heard similar in regards to contact. By the sounds of things, it's a waiting game from here.
March 26th too! I'm from UK and live in Perth now. Applied online.

I do have a question though, when I applied the current wait times were listed as 5-7 months, but now they have gone up, does that count me or only people who are applying since?


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2015, 04:50 AM
syd syd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 524
Users Flag! From australia

146 likes received
211 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by teijhal View Post
hello,I've heard from this year we have to wait the standard processing time n we can't get the visa sooner us that true??

Well, the standard processing time is 12 to 15 months now, but nothing prevents visas from being processed earlier if a CO is so inclined. I think there were a few grants earlier in the year around the 10 month mark.

If you contact DIBP prior to the 12-15 months timeline, you are likely to receive a response that indicates that your visa will be process in line with the standard processing time.

It's an annoyingly long and frustrating wait...hang in there .

__________________
820 Submitted : May 2015
820 Granted : May 2016
801 Submitted : May 23, 2017
801 Granted : May 23, 2018
Citizenship submitted : June 22, 2019
Test date : September 23, 2019

  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2015, 04:54 AM
syd syd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 524
Users Flag! From australia

146 likes received
211 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashpotato View Post
March 26th too! I'm from UK and live in Perth now. Applied online.

I do have a question though, when I applied the current wait times were listed as 5-7 months, but now they have gone up, does that count me or only people who are applying since?
I think it applies to all 820 applications. It's early days yet...sit tight .

__________________
820 Submitted : May 2015
820 Granted : May 2016
801 Submitted : May 23, 2017
801 Granted : May 23, 2018
Citizenship submitted : June 22, 2019
Test date : September 23, 2019

Closed Thread

Tags
correspondence, documents, evidence, medical, partner visa 820

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
457 Transfer Processing Time for 2015 nrs2015 Visas and immigration 9 03-12-2015 05:21 AM
820 visa applied in Dec 2013 - approved in 4.5 months! Ragazza Visas and immigration 29 05-21-2014 04:35 AM
Partner visa (subclass 820) and the 2014-2015 budget newfuman Visas and immigration 2 05-13-2014 12:51 PM
After applied for 820 visa - BVA - Questions lois Visas and immigration 5 11-20-2013 02:54 AM
Just applied for 801/820 Partner Visa - worried over some details Jam Visas and immigration 5 11-13-2013 12:08 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:04 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com