Still waiting on visa 9 months later

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes

Still waiting on visa 9 months later


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 29
Please update your flag here .

Still waiting on visa 9 months later

Hi,

Our Partner Visa was accepted on 14/04/2011 for processing.

We are still waiting on an answer. We have provided everything asked and my partner has done the phone interview. She is Russian and I'm Australian.

What are my options here? Surely we will get an answer?


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2012, 01:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 530
Users Flag! From australia

68 likes received
Try contacting them by phone and email... And keep doing it until you get an answer. It's frustrating but you have to keep chasing them and make sure out contact details with them are current.

__________________
Whatnext: Australian Sponsor
Husband Brazilian

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2012, 02:02 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 29
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Try contacting them by phone and email... And keep doing it until you get an answer. It's frustrating but you have to keep chasing them and make sure out contact details with them are current.
Last time I contacted them was in November 2011 and they told me to not bother them as it delays the process.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
Please update your flag here .

8 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortoau View Post
Last time I contacted them was in November 2011 and they told me to not bother them as it delays the process.
I feel your pain. I've been waiting for nearly 12 months now and also given the same information!


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2012, 02:27 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 29
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by namthanh View Post
I feel your pain. I've been waiting for nearly 12 months now and also given the same information!
Is your also a high risk visa (your partner is from a high-risk country)?


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2012, 03:42 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12
Users Flag! From uk

5 likes received
Hi there,
We also applied May 2011 I am UK and partner Australian. It's 9-12 months wait as of last week so hang in there. We are very near now. I am at my 9 month mark but it is looking like it could be another three months. I'm still sane, just about!!!!!!!

rswanny likes this.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2012, 03:49 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 29
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireBear View Post
Hi there,
We also applied May 2011 I am UK and partner Australian. It's 9-12 months wait as of last week so hang in there. We are very near now. I am at my 9 month mark but it is looking like it could be another three months. I'm still sane, just about!!!!!!!
Are they giving you any feedback?

Also i'm surprised a UK/AU partner visa is taking so long. usually they are the fastest being a low risk country. Did some things change in processing time?


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2012, 04:23 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 42
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortoau View Post
Hi,

Our Partner Visa was accepted on 14/04/2011 for processing.

We are still waiting on an answer. We have provided everything asked and my partner has done the phone interview. She is Russian and I'm Australian.

What are my options here? Surely we will get an answer?
What type of visa did you apply for? PMV, spouse or defacto? At the moscow embassy?

How long have you been together? Living together or apart?


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2012, 04:33 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12
Users Flag! From uk

5 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortoau View Post
Are they giving you any feedback?

Also i'm surprised a UK/AU partner visa is taking so long. usually they are the fastest being a low risk country. Did some things change in processing time?
I applied onshore in Sydney for De Facto I called them and they were very helpful they just said the processing time is 9-12 months. I too thought it would be faster but its really out of our control. No more details we're given as they had nothing more to tell me. Nothing has changed I.e. address etc so it's just a waiting game really. I am just thankful I'm with my partner in Australia. But I wish you loads of luck we all need it.


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2012, 04:40 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 29
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauhn View Post
What type of visa did you apply for? PMV, spouse or defacto? At the moscow embassy?

How long have you been together? Living together or apart?
Defacto via the Moscow Embassy. They said 7-12 months but most cases take at least 7 months.

We were together for 2 years but living over a year.

Been apart now for 16 months except a week visit to see each other on holidays.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PMV: Waiting for 10 months. How much longer? ConsciousJourney Visas and immigration 3 11-06-2011 08:31 AM
Medical Cleared but still waiting for 6 months atifsyed_2000 Visas and immigration 12 04-29-2011 12:48 PM
17 months and still waiting.. iriszai Visas and immigration 1 02-21-2011 12:12 PM
9 months and still waiting tiramisu Visas and immigration 1 12-28-2010 04:08 PM
De facto 801: 8 months waiting xcui5432 Visas and immigration 6 11-03-2010 02:48 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:31 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com