Offshore Spouse Visa Processing Times at the London Embassy - Page 141

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree568Likes

Offshore Spouse Visa Processing Times at the London Embassy - Page 141


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1401 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2018, 08:51 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From uk

1 likes received
Does anyone know, once you are granted the visa, how long you are given to actually enter Australia?


Reply With Quote
  #1402 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2018, 09:15 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From uk

2 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by conaahboys View Post
I have been asked for further information for a second time. It was a very simple request and I’ve uploaded it within 10 mins of then asking but there isn’t a “information provided button” like there was before ?! Shall I reply to the email? Call them? or does anyone know since they updated the system if it’s required anymore or somewhere different ?

Any helps I’d appreciate
This happened with me, I replied to the email saying I'd uploaded the info, visa granted the next day. Fingers crossed!


Reply With Quote
  #1403 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2018, 09:20 PM
Eh? Eh? is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: QLD
Posts: 1,002
Users Flag! From canada

217 likes received
57 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBee View Post
Does anyone know, once you are granted the visa, how long you are given to actually enter Australia?
I believe your grant should tell you that.

__________________
309/100 Visa Timeline:

Applied 309: 12/02/2018, in Canada.
Visa Granted: 20/03/2018.
Applied 100: 29/06/2020, eligible 12/01/2020.
RFI: 02/07/2020.
RFI Uploaded: 06/07/2020.
Visa Granted: 16/07/2020.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1404 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2018, 09:24 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From uk

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh? View Post
I believe your grant should tell you that.
Yes of course, I know that. I was just wondering if anyone knew in general.


Reply With Quote
  #1405 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2018, 09:28 PM
cegor's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 45
Users Flag! From canada

15 likes received
21 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBee View Post
Does anyone know, once you are granted the visa, how long you are given to actually enter Australia?
my grant indicates to enter before Feb 2019 being that I did my medicals Feb 2018

The time in which to validate/make first entry into Australia is usually tied to the date you undertook your medical or police check, whichever was done first. They are valid for a year from date done/undertaken. So if you've front loaded those already and your visa takes say 9 months to come through, you'd have about 3 months left on those validity wise to make first entry.

hope this helps

salmon1411 likes this.
__________________
Visa 309/100 - Nov 7, 2017
Medicals - Feb 9, 2018
Police Check - Mar 12, 2018
VISA 100 granted Mar 13, 2018

Reply With Quote
  #1406 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2018, 09:31 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From uk

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by cegor View Post
my grant indicates to enter before Feb 2019 being that I did my medicals Feb 2018

The time in which to validate/make first entry into Australia is usually tied to the date you undertook your medical or police check, whichever was done first. They are valid for a year from date done/undertaken. So if you've front loaded those already and your visa takes say 9 months to come through, you'd have about 3 months left on those validity wise to make first entry.

hope this helps
That's so helpful. My husband did his check in November, so it's scary to think we could potentially have such a short window of time to get there! Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

cegor likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1407 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2018, 10:28 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbaby View Post
This happened with me, I replied to the email saying I'd uploaded the info, visa granted the next day. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the info! Did you reply straight to the email that they requested the information from ? I then got some Department of foreign affairs generic email back also aha

Fingers cross I hear something today then ! Its agony everyday thinking if this could be the day or not?!


Reply With Quote
  #1408 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2018, 10:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 71
Users Flag! From uk

11 likes received
6 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBee View Post
That's so helpful. My husband did his check in November, so it's scary to think we could potentially have such a short window of time to get there! Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
This is why you can fly in to activate your visa, then fly out again. I guess quite a lot us us will not be close to ready to migrate in that short a time period.


Reply With Quote
  #1409 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2018, 10:33 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From uk

2 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by conaahboys View Post
Thanks for the info! Did you reply straight to the email that they requested the information from ? I then got some Department of foreign affairs generic email back also aha

Fingers cross I hear something today then ! Its agony everyday thinking if this could be the day or not?!
Yes I did. I feel your pain! It'll soon be over


Reply With Quote
  #1410 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2018, 07:51 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 19
Users Flag! From uk

5 likes received
1 likes given
Hi all, it's looking like our visa will be granted by April. However we are in Australia for a holiday for a family wedding from the 5th-18th. If my husbands visa is granted while we are there, will he have to immediately leave the country, or will we be able too live out the rest of our holiday?
Thanks in advance!


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
health assessment, offshore

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spouse Visa high risk processing times voebe Visas and immigration 27 01-29-2015 03:08 PM
Prospective Spouse Visa - Processing Times bruceoz Visas and immigration 42 03-31-2014 03:08 AM
Defacto Visa (Offshore) Processing Times Leesh Visas and immigration 1 11-14-2011 12:28 AM
Spouse Visa - London Office kelly Visas and immigration 3 08-12-2010 12:38 PM
Offshore Spouse (de facto) Visa Processing Times? (ie: how long did it take you?) Megera Visas and immigration 8 05-11-2009 06:54 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:12 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com