Offshore Spouse Visa Processing Times at the London Embassy - Page 78

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree568Likes

Offshore Spouse Visa Processing Times at the London Embassy - Page 78


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #771 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From uk

8 likes received
Well after 14 months and 4 days, our visa has been granted!

In the end the time from submitting the medical and character checks was short - less than a week! Whenever we uploaded any documents to the IMMI portal we emailed the Case Officer. We received responses from different individual however responses did happen quite quickly (24 - 48 hours).

Timelines:

01/09/2014 - Applied online.
14/09/2014 - Case Office requested additional information that we provided same week.
09/01/2015 - Uploaded some updated docs.
29/07/2015 - No response since January.
29/08/2015 - Sent email. CO responded and advised to proceed with police and health checks.
20/10/2015 - Attended Medical Exam.
20/10/2015 - Applied for Police Check.
31/10/2015 - Uploaded evidence of Medical Exam (actual report was submitted by GP) and Police Check Certificate.
05/11/2015 - Visa granted.

The visa confirmation is emailed to you as a PDF (although only the sponsor was emailed and not the applicant!).

For those curious to know the content of the message I have tried to describe it below.

For those under time pressure and applied online, it does pay to chase your Case Owner. I am pretty sure if we were more persistent our application would have been granted sooner. Others on this forum have been assessed quicker.

Good luck!

Quote:

Six page document...

Page 1 - Confirmed details of the application.

"Notification of grant of a Partner (Provisional) (class UF) Partner (Provisional)
(subclass 309) visa

I wish to advise that a decision has been made on this application and visas have been granted on XXXX to the applicant(s) listed in the attached Visa Grant Notice, which contains important information about your visa(s)."

Page 2 - Letter continues advising contact details should you have any questions and/or wish to provide feedback.

Page 3 - The grant notice outlining all details of the visa.

"Must Make First Entry to Australia Before" - This date appears to be roughly 12 months after the time medical/police check was carried out.

Page 4 - 6 - General info on visa. All the same information available on the DIBP web site and visa guideline booklet.

https://www.border.gov.au/FormsAndDo...ments/1127.pdf

Kulinan100 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #772 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brighton
Posts: 17
Users Flag! From uk

2 likes received
5 likes given
Congratulations you must be super relieved after so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmuk View Post
Well after 14 months and 4 days, our visa has been granted!

In the end the time from submitting the medical and character checks was short - less than a week! Whenever we uploaded any documents to the IMMI portal we emailed the Case Officer. We received responses from different individual however responses did happen quite quickly (24 - 48 hours).

Timelines:

01/09/2014 - Applied online.
14/09/2014 - Case Office requested additional information that we provided same week.
09/01/2015 - Uploaded some updated docs.
29/07/2015 - No response since January.
29/08/2015 - Sent email. CO responded and advised to proceed with police and health checks.
20/10/2015 - Attended Medical Exam.
20/10/2015 - Applied for Police Check.
31/10/2015 - Uploaded evidence of Medical Exam (actual report was submitted by GP) and Police Check Certificate.
05/11/2015 - Visa granted.

The visa confirmation is emailed to you as a PDF (although only the sponsor was emailed and not the applicant!).

For those curious to know the content of the message I have tried to describe it below.

For those under time pressure and applied online, it does pay to chase your Case Owner. I am pretty sure if we were more persistent our application would have been granted sooner. Others on this forum have been assessed quicker.

Good luck!

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #773 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From usa

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus_Citizen View Post
Congratulations! It's so difficult to know that the process takes so long (my partner and I have probably another 8 month wait) and it's so stressful to be so far away from each other for so long but it is encouraging to see people's applications being processed... So happy for you guys!
So excited for everyone being granted visas!! Gives me hope that my application will be processed within the current frame time. Any updates on those that have applied recently on whether you've been assigned a CO?? Its been 3 months since we've applied and we've still heard nothing


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #774 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brighton
Posts: 17
Users Flag! From uk

2 likes received
5 likes given
We finally got my partners 309 and 100 visa granted today!!! 8 months and 2 days after we first applied. I'm so excited. Can't wait to get home in January. Looks like their getting a bit quicker in turn around times so a bit of hope for others! ������

A&E likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #775 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2015, 03:09 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From usa

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateb33 View Post
We finally got my partners 309 and 100 visa granted today!!! 8 months and 2 days after we first applied. I'm so excited. Can't wait to get home in January. Looks like their getting a bit quicker in turn around times so a bit of hope for others! ������
Congratulations!!!!! How exciting!! Couldn't ask for a better Christmas present


Reply With Quote
  #776 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brighton
Posts: 17
Users Flag! From uk

2 likes received
5 likes given
Smile

Tell me about it. It's all I really wanted for Xmas!! Will be celebrating tonite!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliamson1 View Post
Congratulations!!!!! How exciting!! Couldn't ask for a better Christmas present

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #777 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 16
Users Flag! From australia

6 likes received
4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliamson1 View Post
So excited for everyone being granted visas!! Gives me hope that my application will be processed within the current frame time. Any updates on those that have applied recently on whether you've been assigned a CO?? Its been 3 months since we've applied and we've still heard nothing
Hi there, don't be disheartened if you haven't received notification of who your case officer is. We only knew who it was because I had to email with a question about uploading to the immi account and it was the case officer that responded. She also said not to get the medicals and police checks until July (which we had already done upon applying in January). I know it is really stressful and it can be so irritating to hear of others getting their visa's granted before you (I was on another forum before I found this one and people from Brazil and Indonesia were getting their visas in 6 months or less) but it really is true that no news is good news. We applied on the 29th of January, we sent an updated relationship letter including updates on work, family, holidays and photos through the immi account in August and another in mid-October again updating on holidays, family and our engagement and the visa was granted the next day! Whether that was coincidence or not I don't know. Good luck!!


Reply With Quote
  #778 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From uk

2 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateb33 View Post
We finally got my partners 309 and 100 visa granted today!!! 8 months and 2 days after we first applied. I'm so excited. Can't wait to get home in January. Looks like their getting a bit quicker in turn around times so a bit of hope for others! ������
Congrats Kate, that's great news. It's also got me climbing the walls now as I applied 3 March 2015.


Reply With Quote
  #779 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From usa

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiera View Post
Hi there, don't be disheartened if you haven't received notification of who your case officer is. We only knew who it was because I had to email with a question about uploading to the immi account and it was the case officer that responded. She also said not to get the medicals and police checks until July (which we had already done upon applying in January). I know it is really stressful and it can be so irritating to hear of others getting their visa's granted before you (I was on another forum before I found this one and people from Brazil and Indonesia were getting their visas in 6 months or less) but it really is true that no news is good news. We applied on the 29th of January, we sent an updated relationship letter including updates on work, family, holidays and photos through the immi account in August and another in mid-October again updating on holidays, family and our engagement and the visa was granted the next day! Whether that was coincidence or not I don't know. Good luck!!
Thank you!! Trying to stay positive Good to know about the relationship updates, perhaps we will send one through after Christmas

Kiera likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #780 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2015, 08:02 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
Hi all,

Congratulations to everyone who's recently had their Visa come through!!!

Myself and my Irish girlfriend are currently waiting for our approval having submitted her application on the 2nd of March (Legodarthmaul we are in the same boat after hearing Kateb33's great news). She is currently here on a tourist visa with me in Sydney and we are wondering if as a result of submitting my side of the application on a later date (22nd of March) it could potentially have had an affect on our processing time.

We have also been given Karol as a case officer and having followed the forum for a while now I can't recall having seen her name pop up in previous posts.

Either way we are both eagerly waiting for the visa to hopefully come through in the next week or two, we had been doing two years straight of long distance up until July and cannot wait to have her here properly and able to work rather than going in and out on a tourist visa.

Good luck to everyone applying and if we receive any news I will be sure to post to give others a sense of how long they have to wait


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
health assessment, offshore

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spouse Visa high risk processing times voebe Visas and immigration 27 01-29-2015 02:08 PM
Prospective Spouse Visa - Processing Times bruceoz Visas and immigration 42 03-31-2014 02:08 AM
Defacto Visa (Offshore) Processing Times Leesh Visas and immigration 1 11-13-2011 11:28 PM
Spouse Visa - London Office kelly Visas and immigration 3 08-12-2010 11:38 AM
Offshore Spouse (de facto) Visa Processing Times? (ie: how long did it take you?) Megera Visas and immigration 8 05-11-2009 05:54 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com