To Withdraw or wait for Rejection? - Defacto Partner Visa

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

To Withdraw or wait for Rejection? - Defacto Partner Visa

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:05 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From uk

To Withdraw or wait for Rejection? - Defacto Partner Visa

Our case officer has sent us a form to 'Withdraw' our Defacto partner visa application. If we do not withdraw it she will reject the application on the grounds of not living together for 12 months. Does anyone know if it is better to withdraw an application or wait for it to be rejected??

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 530
Users Flag! From australia

68 likes received
If it is rejected and you feel your case was poorly assessed you have the right to appeal. This process can take 2yrs plus so you would be stuck on a bridging visa for that time.

If you didn't fulfill the 12 month requires I would withdraw the application while you have the chance. You can reapply when you do have the 12 months.

If you let it be rejected there is no implication for further applications.

Either way you will lose the application fee and your bridging visa.

Are you on the bridging visa yet or still on your original visa?? If you are still on that original visa you can stay on it until it expires. If you are on the bridging visa you'll need to apply for another visa or leave the country.

I still think its better to withdraw rather than let them reject it.

Whatnext: Australian Sponsor
Husband Brazilian

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2012, 06:22 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From uk

Thanks for that.I have had an email from the case officer today saying that they always take the fee before assessing the application and that she will go ahead and reject the application.
I find 1400 for the application expensive when the money was taken the day after the application was sent and the next day we were asked for more evidence of living together for 12 months ,which I then told her we could not supply.
I applied outside Australia for the visa but I am now in Australia on a 676 visa for 6 months.I cant work on this visa and I think I will have to leave the country to get another 6 month stay on it.
Once we have got 12 months of living together we will apply for a defacto partner visa again I hope with more luck.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long wait for the defacto visa subclass 309 sadu baidre Visas and immigration 6 03-18-2013 08:16 PM
withdraw the partner visa application Emily88 Visas and immigration 3 09-17-2011 08:50 AM
Subclass 485 visa withdraw resham Visas and immigration 2 12-24-2010 01:44 PM
visa withdraw psychopainkiller Visas and immigration 1 07-27-2010 02:45 PM
Offshore Partner Visa question - Previous rejection due to AoS Kohana Visas and immigration 4 01-24-2010 11:47 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.