Partner Visa - Moscow Waiting Room - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree19Likes

Partner Visa - Moscow Waiting Room - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2016, 04:18 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Queensland
Posts: 26
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
7 likes given
Hi Yerevanits,

I would like to apply for a 6 month visitor visa

With your experience would you recommend going for a tourist visa or family sponsored visa?

It's rather confusing which type to apply for ��


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2016, 05:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 147
Users Flag! From armenia

31 likes received
15 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael81 View Post
Hi Yerevanits,

I would like to apply for a 6 month visitor visa

With your experience would you recommend going for a tourist visa or family sponsored visa?

It's rather confusing which type to apply for ��
Hi Michael,

If you want a 6 month visa you'd have to go for the sponsored visa (as far as I am aware the ordinary e600 visa is valid for a year but only has stays of 90 days at a time). You will most likely have to pay a bond if you want a six month visa (this is $5k - $15k depending on your risk). Perhaps you can survive with the multi-entry tourist visa with 90 days stay? If you think you can make this work then go for it, if you get rejected you can then go for the sponsored visa. Our experience with the sponsored visa was pretty straightforward, but we only asked for one month stay and they didn't require a security bond. Let us know what you decide and how you go.


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2016, 01:14 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Queensland
Posts: 26
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
7 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerevanits View Post
Hi Michael,

If you want a 6 month visa you'd have to go for the sponsored visa (as far as I am aware the ordinary e600 visa is valid for a year but only has stays of 90 days at a time). You will most likely have to pay a bond if you want a six month visa (this is $5k - $15k depending on your risk). Perhaps you can survive with the multi-entry tourist visa with 90 days stay? If you think you can make this work then go for it, if you get rejected you can then go for the sponsored visa. Our experience with the sponsored visa was pretty straightforward, but we only asked for one month stay and they didn't require a security bond. Let us know what you decide and how you go.

Hi Yerevanits,

That's great thank you for your advise regarding Visitor Visa, I think we will try for the sponsored Visa but will not apply till next month for her to visit in May or June for hopefully up to 6 months.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2016, 01:26 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Queensland
Posts: 26
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
7 likes given
So its been a week now since I applied online for my wife's 309/100 partner visa, The application status was updated to received the same day I applied which was positive, took me longer then I expected to fill the online application almost 5 hours straight, then took me a few more days to scan and upload my evidence. As she was in Australia for the past 8 months we done her medical check and police reports while she was here mainly for convenience as she lives far from Moscow and she is looking after our 3 month old Australian Born son.

I'm now making arrangements to visit them in April so now need to start looking at a visa for myself to enter Russia, I've also started a Russian Language course to learn some basic skills so I can communicate with her family.

Hoping the partner visa will come through asap so I can have my family back in Aus

Good luck to everyone

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #15 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2016, 02:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 147
Users Flag! From armenia

31 likes received
15 likes given
Good luck Michael, if you want you can add your name to this spreadsheet for tracking the progress of applications in Moscow
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...hu0/edit#gid=0
What kind of visa was your wife on in Australia? Perhaps this will make it easier for your tourist visa applications.


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2016, 02:25 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Queensland
Posts: 26
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
7 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerevanits View Post
Good luck Michael, if you want you can add your name to this spreadsheet for tracking the progress of applications in Moscow
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...hu0/edit#gid=0
What kind of visa was your wife on in Australia? Perhaps this will make it easier for your tourist visa applications.

Hi Yerevanits,

Yes thanks for that its a great spread sheet and I have added her to the list already. She has been to Australia 3 times now, first was a student visa and the other 2 were visitor visa's.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2016, 02:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 147
Users Flag! From armenia

31 likes received
15 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael81 View Post
Hi Yerevanits,

Yes thanks for that its a great spread sheet and I have added her to the list already. She has been to Australia 3 times now, first was a student visa and the other 2 were visitor visa's.
That's great, I guess she had an 8503 No Further Stay condition on her tourist visa otherwise she would've stayed?

We're now in month 6 of waiting and no sign of progress yet, we are hoping her partner visa will come in the 10-12 month timeframe. I'll be going to live in Armenia for about 4-5 months from February


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2016, 02:58 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Queensland
Posts: 26
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
7 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerevanits View Post
That's great, I guess she had an 8503 No Further Stay condition on her tourist visa otherwise she would've stayed?

We're now in month 6 of waiting and no sign of progress yet, we are hoping her partner visa will come in the 10-12 month timeframe. I'll be going to live in Armenia for about 4-5 months from February
Yes that's correct she had the 8503 condition,

Frustrating to be waiting so long with no sign of progress but surely you must be getting close to getting a case officer please keep us updated of your progress

Did you do online application?

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #19 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2016, 05:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 147
Users Flag! From armenia

31 likes received
15 likes given
If any Australian is currently living overseas with their partner, a good way to get an extra piece of evidence to confirm this is to enrol as an overseas elector with the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC).

I just did this as my wife and I will be living together overseas until her visa is decided. The AEC added my name to the overseas electors roll and sent me an email with a pdf copy of the confirmation letter addressed to our Armenian residence.

One little piece of evidence won't change the outcome but every little bit helps!


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2016, 05:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 194
Users Flag! From zimbabwe

28 likes received
5 likes given
we've done our partner visa and visitor visa - CO for partner visa assigned and requested form 80 so far

does anyone know how strict they are with form 80s? Only because, one business my husband worked for closed down, so he couldn't get in touch with them, so wondering if that will seem suspicious or something? We did state that the business has closed down.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room Jmac01 Visas and immigration 3405 Today 07:12 AM
PMV/Partner Visa from Cairo - Waiting Room... Sydney Visas and immigration 1667 01-10-2020 04:38 AM
Offshore waiting room - who is waiting more than a year? sunnysmile Visas and immigration 373 04-16-2015 12:01 PM
I've just apply thanks everyone for all the help now on the waiting room! Ian_G Visas and immigration 3 11-06-2014 07:49 AM
Dubai Waiting Room - Partner Visa Hellen Visas and immigration 4 07-21-2014 06:37 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:37 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com