Applying for ETA or Visitor Visa? - Page 3

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Applying for ETA or Visitor Visa? - Page 3

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2016, 04:01 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,956
Users Flag! From australia

1450 likes received
401 likes given
JandE seems the current study visa is the problem, 20 hrs work and long visa. OP needs off that visa.

  #22 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2016, 04:13 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,716
Users Flag! From australia

1135 likes received
330 likes given
Wouldn't applying for an onshore Partner Visa now, and then drop the study visa, work? Assuming there is no condition 8503.

I assume it isn't that straightforward

Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801 PMV to PR 44 months.
Full Timeline:

  #23 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2016, 04:29 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,956
Users Flag! From australia

1450 likes received
401 likes given
My understanding is no, the student visa stands - then the bridging visa or 820 takes over from student visa conditions after student visa expires or 820 is approved.

Sponsored Links
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2016, 05:25 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 38
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
Hi ampk, thank you for your replies. Yes JandE, I cannot apply for the partner visa then cancel my study visa, as it effectively cancels everything (as I have failed to fulfil the requirements of my first visa).

Currently I am just unsure if I were to cancel my study visa, where to go from here - to leave and re-enter on a tourist visa then apply for a partner visa onshore (a risk, as I'm not sure whether I'll be granted entry); or to leave and apply for a partner visa offshore (but possibly be apart from my partner for a long while).

Any further advice appreciated!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ETA Visitor Visa during the processing of 309 Island Girl Visas and immigration 4 07-24-2015 01:30 AM
Have an ETA should I apply for Visitor Visa Subclass 600 for a longer visit? AlaskanGal Visas and immigration 0 01-30-2015 01:55 AM
Applying for Partner Visa on an ETA? Mrs Z Visas and immigration 7 08-15-2013 02:13 PM
UD/976 ETA Visitor short visa,futher stay? blackink Visas and immigration 1 05-10-2012 08:39 AM
Granted non-ETA visitor visa valid for 100 days, any problem? KirkyMac Visas and immigration 0 04-28-2011 09:25 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.