Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   subclass300 > 820/801 (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/15307-subclass300-820-801-a.html)

twww 07-26-2012 04:26 AM

subclass300 > 820/801
 
Need clarification from people who's Fiance's came out on a subclass 300, got married and then applied for subclass 820/801.

My Fiance is here and we are getting married shortly. Soon thereafter we will apply for the partner visa(s).

My question's are ongoing but right now I'm a little confused about the evidence that we need to provide.

Q. Do we submit the same evidence we used for the subclass 300 application?

xeelah 07-26-2012 06:59 AM

Yes. More or less. the 820 visa though is more work than the 300.. >.< 'cause you need to provide more evidence like shared expenses, joint account, and the likes. You can actually look it up in DIAC's website. There's a checklist for the onshore temporary partner visa...

I also came down here in Australia under PMV last Feb.. married my PMV on March and applied last May.. took me 2 months to get all things done. The stat dec from friends and family ate up most of my time as it took them longer to seriously start working on it.. lol Feel free to ask me if you have questions.. :)


All the best to your application.

nizmus 07-31-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeelah (Post 60412)
Yes. More or less. the 820 visa though is more work than the 300.. >.< 'cause you need to provide more evidence like shared expenses, joint account, and the likes. You can actually look it up in DIAC's website. There's a checklist for the onshore temporary partner visa...

I also came down here in Australia under PMV last Feb.. married my PMV on March and applied last May.. took me 2 months to get all things done. The stat dec from friends and family ate up most of my time as it took them longer to seriously start working on it.. lol Feel free to ask me if you have questions.. :)


All the best to your application.

Hi Xeelah,

My fiance just got her PMV and we're getting married at the end of the year. Question,
1. Can we reuse the same stat dec that we submitted in PMV300?
2. While the application of 820/801 is in process, will her PMV still be valid i.e. can she still work?
3. Were you required to sit for an interview?
4. Did the CO request for a home visit?

Appreciate your feedback/comments on this. Thanks.

twww 07-31-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeelah (Post 60412)
Yes. More or less. the 820 visa though is more work than the 300.. >.< 'cause you need to provide more evidence like shared expenses, joint account, and the likes. You can actually look it up in DIAC's website. There's a checklist for the onshore temporary partner visa...

I also came down here in Australia under PMV last Feb.. married my PMV on March and applied last May.. took me 2 months to get all things done. The stat dec from friends and family ate up most of my time as it took them longer to seriously start working on it.. lol Feel free to ask me if you have questions.. :)


All the best to your application.

More work?! Isn't it just a matter of updating, for example, the history of the relationship, with additional info? Maybe, adding some more recent receipts or travel expenses, pictures? Of course, providing a copy of the marriage cert., etc.

I noticed on the 820 checklist that 300 visa holders are not required to undergo medical examinations unless told to do so. What about the police check? Does this have to be done again?



What about Question 18 in Form 40SP:


18. Have you previously sponsored/nominated a spouse, de facto partner, prospective spouse (fianc&#233;(e)) or interdependent partner?

No Yes How many times?

Give the following details for EACH time you have
sponsored/nominated.




Also, Part F, Question 51in Form 40SP:

Part F – Previous
sponsorships/nominations

51. Have you lodged any other sponsorship/nomination (other than the
sponsorships/nominations you have recorded in Question 18) or signed
a maintenance guarantee or an Assurance of Support?

No
Yes

Attach a statement showing the relationship of the person
you have sponsored/nominated or assured and the dates
of lodgement of sponsorships/nominations (including any
current sponsorship/nomination), maintenance guarantees
or assurances.


Are these questions referring to the Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) Visa that my Fiance already has?

Regards

xeelah 08-01-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nizmus (Post 60754)
Hi Xeelah,

My fiance just got her PMV and we're getting married at the end of the year. Question,
1. Can we reuse the same stat dec that we submitted in PMV300?
2. While the application of 820/801 is in process, will her PMV still be valid i.e. can she still work?
3. Were you required to sit for an interview?
4. Did the CO request for a home visit?

Appreciate your feedback/comments on this. Thanks.

1. Are you referring about form 888? If so, I think it is not safe to do. You just might have to ask the same person who wrote your previous stat dec to add a few more things describing/detailing how they see your relationship with your partner as married couples. Remember, DIAC needs to know the social context of your married life and this includes how friends and family views your relationship.

what my inlaws did is they just copied their answers for question 3 and 4 in their previous form 888, and on question 4, they've added a few stuff saying how they are a witness of my devotion as a wife to their son by preparing his needs like his meals and packed lunch before heading to work and etc.

I think that you also need to have your stat dec re-written and signed just to be sure. besides, it'll be weird having a stat dec dated long before you guys got married.

2. Once you submit your 820 application, you'll be given a bridging visa A. This visa has the same conditions as your fiance's current visa (PMV 300) and this would take effect once the PMV expires/ceases. So yes, she can still work

3. No, I wasn't interviewed both for my PMV and temporary spousal visa application. I haven't heard anything from DIAC except when they mailed me my grant letter.

4. No, they haven't.

** I hope i've answered your question.

xeelah 08-01-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twww (Post 60763)
More work?! Isn't it just a matter of updating, for example, the history of the relationship, with additional info? Maybe, adding some more recent receipts or travel expenses, pictures? Of course, providing a copy of the marriage cert., etc.

I noticed on the 820 checklist that 300 visa holders are not required to undergo medical examinations unless told to do so. What about the police check? Does this have to be done again?



What about Question 18 in Form 40SP:


18. Have you previously sponsored/nominated a spouse, de facto partner, prospective spouse (fiancé(e)) or interdependent partner?

No Yes How many times?

Give the following details for EACH time you have
sponsored/nominated.




Also, Part F, Question 51in Form 40SP:

Part F – Previous
sponsorships/nominations

51. Have you lodged any other sponsorship/nomination (other than the
sponsorships/nominations you have recorded in Question 18) or signed
a maintenance guarantee or an Assurance of Support?

No
Yes

Attach a statement showing the relationship of the person
you have sponsored/nominated or assured and the dates
of lodgement of sponsorships/nominations (including any
current sponsorship/nomination), maintenance guarantees
or assurances.


Are these questions referring to the Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) Visa that my Fiance already has?

Regards

Hi! Yeah, I say more work. You'll be surprised how much work it needs to gather evidences to prove that you are in a genuine committed relationship and a shared life together (opening joint bank account, making phone calls to update insurance and stuff, gathering receipts and etc)

Yes, that's right, PMV holders are not required to undergo another medical check. However, I did submit my police clearance for both Australia and Philippines just to be sure.

No, I think those questions would refer to another person you've sponsored other than your fiance.

nizmus 08-01-2012 03:53 AM

Thank you
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xeelah (Post 60827)
1. Are you referring about form 888? If so, I think it is not safe to do. You just might have to ask the same person who wrote your previous stat dec to add a few more things describing/detailing how they see your relationship with your partner as married couples. Remember, DIAC needs to know the social context of your married life and this includes how friends and family views your relationship.

what my inlaws did is they just copied their answers for question 3 and 4 in their previous form 888, and on question 4, they've added a few stuff saying how they are a witness of my devotion as a wife to their son by preparing his needs like his meals and packed lunch before heading to work and etc.

I think that you also need to have your stat dec re-written and signed just to be sure. besides, it'll be weird having a stat dec dated long before you guys got married.

2. Once you submit your 820 application, you'll be given a bridging visa A. This visa has the same conditions as your fiance's current visa (PMV 300) and this would take effect once the PMV expires/ceases. So yes, she can still work

3. No, I wasn't interviewed both for my PMV and temporary spousal visa application. I haven't heard anything from DIAC except when they mailed me my grant letter.

4. No, they haven't.

** I hope i've answered your question.

Cool bananas :-) Thanks Xeelah. Best of luck in your application and endeavours.

xeelah 08-01-2012 04:56 AM

you're welcome nizmus.. my 820 application was approved 5 weeks and 2 days after lodging my application.. So I'll have another 2 years to prepare for my 801 visa.. :)

All the best in your application.. :D

daphsta 11-06-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeelah (Post 60836)
you're welcome nizmus.. my 820 application was approved 5 weeks and 2 days after lodging my application.. So I'll have another 2 years to prepare for my 801 visa.. :)

All the best in your application.. :D

5 weeks is a record! I've heard applicants in Brisbane waiting up to 13 months for an 820. Would a PMV to 820 be faster since everything is already in the DIACs system?

twww 11-06-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphsta (Post 68286)
5 weeks is a record! I've heard applicants in Brisbane waiting up to 13 months for an 820. Would a PMV to 820 be faster since everything is already in the DIACs system?

We got the 820 within 1 week!:D


I'll answer my original question. Our completed application for the 820/801 was literally the same as the subclass 300, with updated info and the all important marriage cert. We did not have to resubmit a new medical or character check. It certainly was a lot quicker preparing the app. this time around.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com