309/100 PMV Applications through Ottawa / Canada - Page 55

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree135Likes

309/100 PMV Applications through Ottawa / Canada - Page 55


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #541 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2019, 03:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,994
Users Flag! From australia

1189 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecreek View Post
We are joining the club!!!

Applied May 6 2019
Visa (100) granted July 24 2019

Absolutely can't believe it!!
Was the application in May 2019, for the 309, with a direct to 100 grant?
In which case it was very fast...


Reply With Quote
  #542 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2019, 03:37 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 11
Please update your flag here .

4 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Was the application in May 2019, for the 309, with a direct to 100 grant?
In which case it was very fast...
Yes that's correct


Reply With Quote
  #543 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2019, 11:59 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From canada

1 likes received
5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecreek View Post
We are joining the club!!!

Applied May 6 2019
Visa (100) granted July 24 2019

Absolutely can't believe it!!

Congratulations! That's amazing. Can I ask how, or why you believe you were granted the 100? Have you been together for a very long time, or have kids, etc?

My partner and I have been together just over four years, since June 2015, but we have spent time apart because of university and work commitments. I'm curious if they'll consider us eligible for a direct 100 grant - I wont know what I've been granted with until I land in Canada next week. Eeek!


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #544 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2019, 02:24 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 11
Please update your flag here .

4 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZtoSYD View Post
Congratulations! That's amazing. Can I ask how, or why you believe you were granted the 100? Have you been together for a very long time, or have kids, etc?

My partner and I have been together just over four years, since June 2015, but we have spent time apart because of university and work commitments. I'm curious if they'll consider us eligible for a direct 100 grant - I wont know what I've been granted with until I land in Canada next week. Eeek!
Thank you! We were expecting to wait the 15-20 months...

We have been together for 9 years and have a 2 year old together as well as two older kids from my partner's previous relationship. Perhaps that helped. We had also been through this same process in Canada (him sponsoring me for PR) which may have been a factor as well? I can only assume, as I really have no idea how these things work...

Best of luck to you!


Reply With Quote
  #545 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2019, 04:01 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From canada

1 likes received
5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecreek View Post
Thank you! We were expecting to wait the 15-20 months...

We have been together for 9 years and have a 2 year old together as well as two older kids from my partner's previous relationship. Perhaps that helped. We had also been through this same process in Canada (him sponsoring me for PR) which may have been a factor as well? I can only assume, as I really have no idea how these things work...

Best of luck to you!
That is a situation that appears well deserving of a direct PR grant IMO! (and based off the guidelines the department provides). Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you, and good luck to you on all your future endeavours!

horsecreek likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #546 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2019, 07:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,994
Users Flag! From australia

1189 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecreek View Post
Thank you! We were expecting to wait the 15-20 months...

We have been together for 9 years and have a 2 year old together as well as two older kids from my partner's previous relationship. Perhaps that helped. We had also been through this same process in Canada (him sponsoring me for PR) which may have been a factor as well? I can only assume, as I really have no idea how these things work...

Best of luck to you!
That does seem to be a good reason for the ultra fast grant.

The time consuming things appears to be 'proving a genuine relationship', and not just some way to get a visa, via various options.

I would hope that all visa grants were done on such a basis.
Ours was 3 years and 8 months processing from start to finish (PR), but with only a 10 month relationship at the beginning.
Yours - just 2.6 months, but with 9 years relationship.

It's fair.

horsecreek likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #547 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2019, 01:32 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From costarica

I got my 309 in 3 Months !!! Aplplied on April the 17th
Got asked for medical checks on June the 11th

I got my visa granted on the 24th of July.

This is too cheer you up guys. I used to read these kind of posts a lot


Good luck


Reply With Quote
  #548 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2019, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 65
Please update your flag here .

7 likes received
26 likes given
This may be a really stupid question, but I just want to confirm as there are no answers online.

We will be arriving into Australia soon to activate our 100 grant. Do we also need an eTA? I would assume the answer is no, because the 100 is a visa itself.

But just looking for confirmation

Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #549 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2019, 06:51 AM
Eh? Eh? is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: QLD
Posts: 1,002
Users Flag! From canada

217 likes received
57 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can2Aus View Post
This may be a really stupid question, but I just want to confirm as there are no answers online.

We will be arriving into Australia soon to activate our 100 grant. Do we also need an eTA? I would assume the answer is no, because the 100 is a visa itself.

But just looking for confirmation

Thanks
Just turn up. Make sure you fill out the little card you get that your a resident and that's all.

__________________
309/100 Visa Timeline:

Applied 309: 12/02/2018, in Canada.
Visa Granted: 20/03/2018.
Applied 100: 29/06/2020, eligible 12/01/2020.
RFI: 02/07/2020.
RFI Uploaded: 06/07/2020.
Visa Granted: 16/07/2020.

Reply With Quote
  #550 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2019, 08:21 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 42
Please update your flag here .

6 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh? View Post
Just turn up. Make sure you fill out the little card you get that your a resident and that's all.
Little card? I just did mine in may this year (100 grant) and all I did was go though electronic passport section then got to the lane with the windows where it takes your picture and you get a card( nothing to fill out) And used that to enter and that was it.

Not saying your wrong but I really didn't fill out anything when I went in May to Activate.

Either way its a super easy process. And our time to move is coming Nov 4th we leave Canada.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
309/100 Partner Visa Application from Canada YYC2BNE Visas and immigration 18 01-16-2016 03:10 AM
PMV granted, Can we convert it to 309-100 visa AlanW89 Visas and immigration 5 12-27-2015 02:15 AM
309/100 partner visa from ottawa office goldy Visas and immigration 1 03-31-2014 04:20 PM
Hello from Paulette in Ottawa, Canada pmhlb New member introductions 1 10-15-2013 07:56 AM
OTTAWA CANADA C/O require additional documents lipsmackingkiss Visas and immigration 8 04-17-2013 03:35 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:34 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com