Spouse visa from Sri Lanka - Page 139

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree287Likes

Spouse visa from Sri Lanka - Page 139


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1381 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2017, 03:02 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 25
Users Flag! From srilanka

5 likes received
1 likes given
Firstly, congratulations to DevindaG! Wishing you all the best for this new journey. I am glad to see that visa's are being granted again after a long break.

It has been 3 months since I lodged my 309 and I have received a letter from the AHC mentioning that my initial assessment has been completed and my case has been queued for processing and the normal time frame is 12 months.

I have a few questions and would be grateful if someone could clear my doubts.

1) My husband and I are planning on trying our luck again for a visit visa (previous one was rejected and applied on the same day as the partner visa). I am still unsure since the last time it was rejected. There has really not been any change of evidence that I could provide apart from this letter confirming my case is queued and the letter also mentions that I could visit my spouse but I must let them know when I am away.

Is this enough proof to try again for my visitor visa? This time we are only going to request for 3 months which I believe would be well before the decision is made (considering June applicants are still being processed). Or should I wait a bit more before I apply again?

2) In case the visa does get refused again will it impact the spouse visa in any way? That is our only concern and we don't want this to have any effect on the spouse application.

3) Do we have to mention to our CO that I had my visit visa refused? My agent told me that it is not necessary as the two applications are not connected in any way. But I am still trying to be careful.

4) And lastly, the first few emails I received from the AHC (medical request, PCC, husband's PCC etc.) were from a different position number along with the officers name. But, the one I received a few days ago regarding the queued application had a different position number with no name. Which one is my CO then? Or has my CO not been assigned yet?

Thank you in advance


Reply With Quote
  #1382 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2017, 04:26 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 17
Users Flag! From srilanka

Thanx all. Wish you all the very best too.


Reply With Quote
  #1383 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2017, 06:02 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 31
Users Flag! From australia

8 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin1421 View Post
Firstly, congratulations to DevindaG! Wishing you all the best for this new journey. I am glad to see that visa's are being granted again after a long break.
I am pretty confident that you can apply for as many visitor visas as you want and there is no affect on spouse visa. But yes you have to inform your case officer when your visitor visa gets approved and you travel to Australia. other than that don't worry and go for it.

when you applied the first time did you already have the medical called?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1384 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 25
Users Flag! From srilanka

5 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by samv View Post
I am pretty confident that you can apply for as many visitor visas as you want and there is no affect on spouse visa. But yes you have to inform your case officer when your visitor visa gets approved and you travel to Australia. other than that don't worry and go for it.

when you applied the first time did you already have the medical called?
Hi samv,

I think you and I had a similar issue last time. I applied on the same day as lodging my spouse visa (I lodged visitor at VFS and my agent lodged the spouse online). But later I realised I shouldn't have been in a hurry to apply.

I did my medicals after around 2 weeks from the date I lodged. I think last time you mentioned you were waiting for you medical. Did you get it done? Were you asked to submit PCC's of the sponsor?


Reply With Quote
  #1385 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 15
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
1 likes given
Congrats to DevindaG! Wish you all the best

I think AHC has slow down the application processing. Currently, the waiting time is sitting around 9 months. Smiley21, you are next in line. Hopefully you will get your visa granted very soon. Please update us if there's any news.
You are most definitely receive your grant by the end of March.

We don't have anyone here lodged in July. So after smiley21, unfortunately, it will be no news of what AHC is up to. If anyone got friends that lodge in July and not on this forum. If you can give the update that would be great.

New list here

1. smiley21 - DOL - 30/06/2016 - In Process
2. Hakeem - DOL - 02/08/2016 - In Process
3. Blessed4life - DOL - 17/08/2016 - In Process
4. Marigold2016 - DOL - 31/08/2016 - In Process
5. Alf - DOL - 28/09/2016 - In Process
6. mpink - DOL- 10/10/2016 - In Process
7. pumpkin1421 - DOL- 1/12/2016 - In Process
8. Tazzy - DOL - 09/12/2016 - In Process
9. pk2016 - DOL - 30/12/2016 - In Process


Reply With Quote
  #1386 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2017, 10:44 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 31
Users Flag! From australia

8 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin1421 View Post
I did my medicals after around 2 weeks from the date I lodged. I think last time you mentioned you were waiting for you medical. Did you get it done? Were you asked to submit PCC's of the sponsor?
No I still haven't heard for medicals and it been about two months now. I am going to wait till the end of March which is the census date of Uni intakes and going to lodge another application.


Reply With Quote
  #1387 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2017, 01:56 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 14
Users Flag! From srilanka

1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigold2016 View Post
Congrats to DevindaG! Wish you all the best

I think AHC has slow down the application processing. Currently, the waiting time is sitting around 9 months. Smiley21, you are next in line. Hopefully you will get your visa granted very soon. Please update us if there's any news.
You are most definitely receive your grant by the end of March.

We don't have anyone here lodged in July. So after smiley21, unfortunately, it will be no news of what AHC is up to. If anyone got friends that lodge in July and not on this forum. If you can give the update that would be great.

New list here

1. smiley21 - DOL - 30/06/2016 - In Process
2. Hakeem - DOL - 02/08/2016 - In Process
3. Blessed4life - DOL - 17/08/2016 - In Process
4. Marigold2016 - DOL - 31/08/2016 - In Process
5. Alf - DOL - 28/09/2016 - In Process
6. mpink - DOL- 10/10/2016 - In Process
7. pumpkin1421 - DOL- 1/12/2016 - In Process
8. Tazzy - DOL - 09/12/2016 - In Process
9. pk2016 - DOL - 30/12/2016 - In Process

Congrats DevindaG All the very best for your life in Aussie!
Yeah seems like AHC are taking longer now. Hopefully we will get ours in the next week or two. Will inform you guys once we receive it.


Reply With Quote
  #1388 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2017, 08:51 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 16
Users Flag! From srilanka

4 likes received
Hi ,

My husband and I've been reading the reviews since December 2016 and we are very happy to see that some guys have their visa granted so many congratulations . This forum is really helpful to people like us to at least keep in waiting by listening to other people's happy news , I tried to register once but couldn't do from my phone so i given up for sometime and Today, my husband insists me to register here we are.. Hi everyone...

our situation My husband has applied his spouse visa on 02/07/2016 and feeling very disappointing to wait but what can we do else... You guys can add our to the waiting list for July , we have submitted all,done medicals , they said initial assessment is done & now in the que on the process. Not sure how long it takes but waiting is really frustrating for us.

Thanks


Last edited by AnuShara81; 03-06-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #1389 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2017, 12:53 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 18
Users Flag! From australia

Hi everyone.

Visa Lodge date: 09.12.2016

I have received a message from AHC mentioning that my initial assessment has been completed and my case has been queued for processing and the normal time frame is 12 months as like Pumbkin1421.

I am not sure how long more will take to get the next update from AHC. Because they mentioned 12 months processing time, that means would it take another 12 months for to get the visa?

My wife is so much depressed and not very much happy to talk to me now. I cannot promise her when she can able to get the visa.

Could you please suggest me what are checklists need to applying Visitor visa?

My friends are saying that when we apply visitor visa then we need to show strong evidence about her returning back.

I would like to know if anyone applied before ... could you please share your the procedures and documents submitted for visitor visa?


Reply With Quote
  #1390 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2017, 02:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 53
Users Flag! From srilanka

6 likes received
10 likes given
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy View Post
Hi everyone.

Visa Lodge date: 09.12.2016

I have received a message from AHC mentioning that my initial assessment has been completed and my case has been queued for processing and the normal time frame is 12 months as like Pumbkin1421.

I am not sure how long more will take to get the next update from AHC. Because they mentioned 12 months processing time, that means would it take another 12 months for to get the visa?

My wife is so much depressed and not very much happy to talk to me now. I cannot promise her when she can able to get the visa.

Could you please suggest me what are checklists need to applying Visitor visa?

My friends are saying that when we apply visitor visa then we need to show strong evidence about her returning back.

I would like to know if anyone applied before ... could you please share your the procedures and documents submitted for visitor visa?
Hi Tazzy!

Yes, we definitely have to show them of our intention (strong reasons) to go back before our visa expires.

I have applied 3 times for visitor visa (subclass 600-Tourist stream) and was able to get it without any issues all three times. I provided all requested documents in the tourist visa checklist (downloaded from ----http://srilanka.embassy.gov.au/clmb/Visa_checklists.html) and also some additionals.

these are the documents I provided in addition to the identification docs in the checklist:

1. A cover letter stating my personal and professional background, where I had traveled before, what I'm planning to do in Australia (about places I'm planning to visit with tentative dates, and plans to visit relatives...etc)

2. Letter from the employer stating the designation, service period, salary and the approval for leave. + pay slips of 3 months

3. Assets - my car documents (other than this I didn't have any assets )
4. Bank statements of savings account (with a letter from the bank confirming the balance of approx 1M) and credit card statements to show the limits) (I always showed I have sufficient funds, to spend during my stay in Ausi although my total expenses were taken care of by another person)

5. A letter from my husband to the AHC- Sri Lanka, stating that he will take care of all the expenses of my stay and our plans during the holiday. (how he's planning to take leave from work to spend time/travel with me)

(it would be great that if you have a special reason to be together during this period such as celebrate a special event together for the first time or your anniversary....etc)...... we wanted to celebrate Christmas together as husband and wife for the first time

6. My Husband's Payslips, bank statements, notice of assessment, house documents.

Tip.
Make a holiday plan with tentative dates, plan what places you are going to visit request the visa according to this plan.... Keep in mind you have to convince them that you are requesting this visa for tourism purpose (to visit people and travel around) not to wait until you get the partner visa

Hope this helps


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
partner visa 309/100, partner visa 801, sri lanka, sri lankan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PMV/SPOUSE Visa - Sri Lanka - Age Difference morehitz Visas and immigration 14 04-30-2015 06:09 PM
spouse visa gagandeep Visas and immigration 0 08-13-2012 01:49 AM
Lodged Spouse and Tourist visa same day (spouse first) maggiedixon New member introductions 8 04-24-2012 04:30 AM
Potential Spouse Visa or Spouse Visa? unsure Visas and immigration 2 03-29-2012 03:43 AM
Spouse visa pepper New member introductions 0 01-21-2012 07:17 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:48 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com