Spouse visa from Sri Lanka - Page 207

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree281Likes

Spouse visa from Sri Lanka - Page 207


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #2061 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2019, 06:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 181
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG123 View Post
Hi everyone.. i'm at 8 months and absolutely no sound from AHC.. in Melbourne atm so hoping they sort it out before my tourist visa is up! Lol
Not to worry. You have 1 year tourist visa/multiple entry. Just before 3 months is complete, you can have a short trip to a nearby country.

Indonesia/Bali, Singapore, or Vanuatu are close and no need of visa for Sri Lankan citizens. I am sure you could find a cheap ticket to Bali or Singapore from Melbourne.

There are other countries not requiring a visa for SL citizens. See this list.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_r...ankan_citizens

__________________
All views are my humble opinions only. Please independently verify given information and use at your own risk.

Reply With Quote
  #2062 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2019, 05:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 61
Please update your flag here .

13 likes received
3 likes given
Thanks for the tips! 🙂

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLBee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG123 View Post
Hi everyone.. i'm at 8 months and absolutely no sound from AHC.. in Melbourne atm so hoping they sort it out before my tourist visa is up! Lol
Not to worry. You have 1 year tourist visa/multiple entry. Just before 3 months is complete, you can have a short trip to a nearby country.

Indonesia/Bali, Singapore, or Vanuatu are close and no need of visa for Sri Lankan citizens. I am sure you could find a cheap ticket to Bali or Singapore from Melbourne.

There are other countries not requiring a visa for SL citizens. See this list.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_r...ankan_citizens


Reply With Quote
  #2063 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2020, 06:07 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 16
Please update your flag here .

Got RFI as police check from both end , medical and few communication evidences. All doco have been submitted about two weeks ago but still no further update. We are over the global processing time. Is it normal? I heard ppl get grant starightaway after submitting such info.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2064 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2020, 09:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 181
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long_waiting View Post
Got RFI as police check from both end , medical and few communication evidences. All doco have been submitted about two weeks ago but still no further update. We are over the global processing time. Is it normal? I heard ppl get grant starightaway after submitting such info.
Yes, some people get grants after submitting in response to RFIs. Also, some people get grants without any prior contacts. Some people could take a long time.

Has your immi account status changed to "further processing"? By the way, this has no much significance. How long are you waiting for?

If you are over the global processing times, you can contact AHC for a status update.

__________________
All views are my humble opinions only. Please independently verify given information and use at your own risk.

Reply With Quote
  #2065 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2020, 04:34 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 40
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
4 likes given
At last some news from the AHC. Good to see some movement even if it’s just RFI


Reply With Quote
  #2066 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2020, 05:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 181
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankangal View Post
At last some news from the AHC. Good to see some movement even if it’s just RFI
Yes. That's right. Colombo AHC has woken up from metabolic depression induced deep hibernation. Winter's gone. Now it is the Summertime

__________________
All views are my humble opinions only. Please independently verify given information and use at your own risk.

Reply With Quote
  #2067 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2020, 09:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 61
Please update your flag here .

13 likes received
3 likes given
Maybe the grant quota has been reached?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLBee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankangal View Post
At last some news from the AHC. Good to see some movement even if it’s just RFI
Yes. That's right. Colombo AHC has woken up from metabolic depression induced deep hibernation. Winter's gone. Now it is the Summertime <img src="http://www.australiaforum.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" class="inlineimg" />


Reply With Quote
  #2068 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2020, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 181
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG123 View Post
Maybe the grant quota has been reached?
Other processing offices around the world are happily issuing 309 grants. I don't think that there is a per-country based quota for partner visas. But I could be wrong

__________________
All views are my humble opinions only. Please independently verify given information and use at your own risk.

Reply With Quote
  #2069 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2020, 12:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 181
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
2 likes given
Based on Dec 19 data for 309, 75% point has reduced to 16 months. 90% point is 21 months. Most applications (75%) have been finalised in less than 16 months.

Some good news.

Unfortunately, we don't have any data for the Colombo AHC. For Colombo, the processing times could be vastly different to the above numbers.

__________________
All views are my humble opinions only. Please independently verify given information and use at your own risk.

Reply With Quote
  #2070 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2020, 12:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 61
Please update your flag here .

13 likes received
3 likes given
Thanks for the update! Let's keep our fingers crossed as usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLBee View Post
Based on Dec 19 data for 309, 75% point has reduced to 16 months. 90% point is 21 months. Most applications (75%) have been finalised in less than 16 months.

Some good news.

Unfortunately, we don't have any data for the Colombo AHC. For Colombo, the processing times could be vastly different to the above numbers.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
partner visa 309/100, partner visa 801, sri lanka, sri lankan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PMV/SPOUSE Visa - Sri Lanka - Age Difference morehitz Visas and immigration 14 04-30-2015 06:09 PM
spouse visa gagandeep Visas and immigration 0 08-13-2012 01:49 AM
Lodged Spouse and Tourist visa same day (spouse first) maggiedixon New member introductions 8 04-24-2012 04:30 AM
Potential Spouse Visa or Spouse Visa? unsure Visas and immigration 2 03-29-2012 03:43 AM
Spouse visa pepper New member introductions 0 01-21-2012 07:17 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com