Spouse visa from Sri Lanka - Page 41

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree289Likes

Spouse visa from Sri Lanka - Page 41


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #401 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2015, 05:55 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
2 likes given
Hi All,
Any one here applied for a tourist visa while waiting for the Partner visa Grant?
I need some help here guys and gals.
Can some one please tell me what are the requirements, documents need to show and how much funds should show in the bank accounts.
Please let me know all the details.

Thank you


Reply With Quote
  #402 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From srilanka

4 likes received
4 likes given
Just a quick question for those who have already received their grant.
What is expected after getting your visa? Like how long are you given to to leave the country and be in Australia and so on.


Reply With Quote
  #403 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 117
Users Flag! From srilanka

26 likes received
20 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbull View Post
Hi All,
Any one here applied for a tourist visa while waiting for the Partner visa Grant?
I need some help here guys and gals.
Can some one please tell me what are the requirements, documents need to show and how much funds should show in the bank accounts.
Please let me know all the details.

Thank you
Hi Redbull,

My hubby applied for a tourist visa in DEC 2014 and got it within one day.
Below is what we provided:
Fair amount of money for the stay in the bank account with cash in/out for 3 months or you can get your spouse to sponsor you.
Salary slips and leave grant letter from his office
Photo stories of the relationship.
Letters from you and your sponsor why you need to visit.
Deeds of any owned properties will add value.

You need to provide evidence that you will come back to Sri Lanka at the end of your visit and you must be a genuine visitor.Let them know what places you are planning to visit during your stay.

Once you are granted let your case officer know that you will be in Australia.

Let me know if you need more info.

__________________
Invitation: 12th May 14 (189) |Visa Lodged: 28th May 2014 | CO allocation: 5th June 2014 | Medicals : 06th June 14 | PCC : 27th June 14 | Grant : 29th July 14

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #404 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 117
Users Flag! From srilanka

26 likes received
20 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm666 View Post
Just a quick question for those who have already received their grant.
What is expected after getting your visa? Like how long are you given to to leave the country and be in Australia and so on.
It will be specified in the grant letter, most likely It will be the validity of your police check i.e one year since you applied for the police clearance report

__________________
Invitation: 12th May 14 (189) |Visa Lodged: 28th May 2014 | CO allocation: 5th June 2014 | Medicals : 06th June 14 | PCC : 27th June 14 | Grant : 29th July 14

Reply With Quote
  #405 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm666 View Post
Just a quick question for those who have already received their grant.
What is expected after getting your visa? Like how long are you given to to leave the country and be in Australia and so on.
Hi Bookworm666,

There are no conditions for the visa on the grant email.. All they told me was that my wife needs to make her first entry to Australia before 24th Jan 2016; which is roughly 3 months after the grant..


Reply With Quote
  #406 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2015, 05:11 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From srilanka

5 likes received
3 likes given
Hi Everyone,

I have just been asked to attend an interview with the case officer in person.. Anyone been to an interview with case officer and what is expected in the interview. I have been living with my husband over 3 years and provided all supporting documents

Redbull likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #407 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From srilanka

4 likes received
4 likes given
Thank you Dhanu and don90

don90 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #408 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 117
Users Flag! From srilanka

26 likes received
20 likes given
Another month started and hope to hear some more good news from people who are waiting for the partner visa


Reply With Quote
  #409 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanu View Post
Hi Redbull,

My hubby applied for a tourist visa in DEC 2014 and got it within one day.
Below is what we provided:
Fair amount of money for the stay in the bank account with cash in/out for 3 months or you can get your spouse to sponsor you.
Salary slips and leave grant letter from his office
Photo stories of the relationship.
Letters from you and your sponsor why you need to visit.
Deeds of any owned properties will add value.

You need to provide evidence that you will come back to Sri Lanka at the end of your visit and you must be a genuine visitor.Let them know what places you are planning to visit during your stay.

Once you are granted let your case officer know that you will be in Australia.

Let me know if you need more info.

Hi Dhanu,
Thank you for the info. But what if my Partner does not have any substantial amount of money in the bank? He's not working as he just went back to Srilanka from Singapore and no property. I certainly can send a sponsor letter with my pay slips, but will that be enough?


Reply With Quote
  #410 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hash View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have just been asked to attend an interview with the case officer in person.. Anyone been to an interview with case officer and what is expected in the interview. I have been living with my husband over 3 years and provided all supporting documents
Hi Hash,
Look likes its really good news for you. One of my friend had a similar interview and they usually ask your relationship history, your future plans together, and also they might check how much you know each other;s family. Im sure u'll be fine.

Hash, did you ever get an email from your case officer, or was this the very first contact from your case officer asking you to come for an interview? Coz I saw that for others, they received an email from case officer saying that the initial assessment is complete and is now with a senior officer for final decision. Did you get any email like that?

We still don't know what is going on with my partner's applications. As I said we lodged the application in Singapore in June 8th and then last month it was transferred to Sri Lanka. We are seriously worried!!!

Let me know if you get any updates about your application, or any other info that might relevant to our case.

Thank you and Good luck!!


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
partner visa 309/100, partner visa 801, sri lanka, sri lankan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PMV/SPOUSE Visa - Sri Lanka - Age Difference morehitz Visas and immigration 14 04-30-2015 06:09 PM
spouse visa gagandeep Visas and immigration 0 08-13-2012 01:49 AM
Lodged Spouse and Tourist visa same day (spouse first) maggiedixon New member introductions 8 04-24-2012 04:30 AM
Potential Spouse Visa or Spouse Visa? unsure Visas and immigration 2 03-29-2012 03:43 AM
Spouse visa pepper New member introductions 0 01-21-2012 07:17 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com