Spouse visa from Sri Lanka - Page 42

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree289Likes

Spouse visa from Sri Lanka - Page 42


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #411 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 117
Users Flag! From srilanka

26 likes received
20 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbull View Post
Hi Dhanu,
Thank you for the info. But what if my Partner does not have any substantial amount of money in the bank? He's not working as he just went back to Srilanka from Singapore and no property. I certainly can send a sponsor letter with my pay slips, but will that be enough?
Hi Redbull,

I believe your sponsorship will do the trick, but the application for tourist visa is stronger, when your partner shows stronger ties to Sri Lanka.They need to make sure that he returns.However, even if the tourist visa goes wrong, there is no impact for the partner visa, People in this forum got their partner visa granted even after having their tourist visa rejected.

I wish you all the best.You might want to talk to a migration agent and get their advise as well.
Good luck once again.


Reply With Quote
  #412 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 10:53 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From srilanka

5 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbull View Post
Hi Hash,
Look likes its really good news for you. One of my friend had a similar interview and they usually ask your relationship history, your future plans together, and also they might check how much you know each other;s family. Im sure u'll be fine.

Hash, did you ever get an email from your case officer, or was this the very first contact from your case officer asking you to come for an interview? Coz I saw that for others, they received an email from case officer saying that the initial assessment is complete and is now with a senior officer for final decision. Did you get any email like that?

We still don't know what is going on with my partner's applications. As I said we lodged the application in Singapore in June 8th and then last month it was transferred to Sri Lanka. We are seriously worried!!!

Let me know if you get any updates about your application, or any other info that might relevant to our case.

Thank you and Good luck!!

Thank you for your reply Redbul.

I recoeved an email in july from the same case officer saying he started considering my application and require medicals and police clearance. I submitted them on August and this is the first email I recieved after that. She the CO tried calling me and my husband, we both couldn't pick the phones so she left the email.

I think my application is still in initial stage so will probably take another 6 months. I lodged mine in may. I believe the que is in date order they lodged, no matter its been transferred. Since you have lodged everything It won't be far away. Or just try calling them and explain your question as its not answered anywhere.

Hope you will hear a good news soon.


Reply With Quote
  #413 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From srilanka

5 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbull View Post
Hi All,
Any one here applied for a tourist visa while waiting for the Partner visa Grant?
I need some help here guys and gals.
Can some one please tell me what are the requirements, documents need to show and how much funds should shorw in the bank accounts.
Please let me know all the details.

Thank you
I have applied and got refused tourist visa as I don't have strong ties to sri lanka. My partner sponsored me and I didn't show anything except my parents, relatives documents and their assets. If you have studies or work documents, assets under his name and the relatives. And their birth certificates show them all. You can sponsor him and you have to show sufficient amount of money in your account, income, accomodation and job confirmation is required. since you guys are not married you will have to show the relationship as well. Basically enough documents to convince them your relationship and he is a genuine visitor who will have to return home after the visa.

Hope this helps


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #414 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hash View Post
Thank you for your reply Redbul.

I recoeved an email in july from the same case officer saying he started considering my application and require medicals and police clearance. I submitted them on August and this is the first email I recieved after that. She the CO tried calling me and my husband, we both couldn't pick the phones so she left the email.

I think my application is still in initial stage so will probably take another 6 months. I lodged mine in may. I believe the que is in date order they lodged, no matter its been transferred. Since you have lodged everything It won't be far away. Or just try calling them and explain your question as its not answered anywhere.

Hope you will hear a good news soon.
Hi Hash,
Thank you for your reply. Our migration agent sent us an email today which he recieved from colombo high commission. They have requested to send the Sri Lankan Police check again!! We already submitted SriLankan police check and now they want another one directly sent to the office. Was this the same for you? You had to request the police dep. to directly send the police check to the CO?
Its really stupid for them to make such a request I rekon


Reply With Quote
  #415 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From srilanka

5 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbull View Post
Hi Hash,
Thank you for your reply. Our migration agent sent us an email today which he recieved from colombo high commission. They have requested to send the Sri Lankan Police check again!! We already submitted SriLankan police check and now they want another one directly sent to the office. Was this the same for you? You had to request the police dep. to directly send the police check to the CO?
Its really stupid for them to make such a request I rekon

Hi redbull,

No they didnt ask me to send it directly, but needed the original hard copy submitted to vfs. Probably bcz you lived in singapore? Im not sure, but its good atleast your file is moving. Just do what they want you to do as soon as you can. Thats the only way 🙁


Reply With Quote
  #416 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hash View Post
Hi redbull,

No they didnt ask me to send it directly, but needed the original hard copy submitted to vfs. Probably bcz you lived in singapore? Im not sure, but its good atleast your file is moving. Just do what they want you to do as soon as you can. Thats the only way 🙁
Hi Hash,
Thankz for the reply. Yeah I think they probably want the hard copy. Will just have to do that.
And why the colombo high commision process in two stages? Never hear such a process being implemented any where else. Already getting angry!! 😡
And I remember, after you had the first contact from the CO it took all this time for them to contact you again. And we just recieved our first email from them and so are we suppose to expect the same?😁
NOT FAIR 😁😁😡😡


Reply With Quote
  #417 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From srilanka

4 likes received
4 likes given
Hey everyone! I just received my grant letter earlier today. Following this forum has really helped me and I hope that it helps others who are waiting and also hope that they will receive their grants soon.

Time duration for processing - 6.5 Months

DOL- April 23rd, 2015
Medical and Biometrics given - 26th April, 2015
Request for Original PCC - 28th May, 2015
PCC handed over - 5th June,2015
First Stage Processing Complete - 10th June, 2015
(Long Long wait with no news from Immigration Board)
Phone Interview - 30th October, 2015
Visa Granted - 9th November, 2015

It was a very scary wait because my partner and I had a bit of an unusual relationship before we decided to get married and proving our marriage was genuine was the hard part, but all worked out for the best thankfully.

The best advice I could give regarding the Partner Visa is... apart from all the important documents, give extra proof that your marriage is genuine even if it means you need to get about 10 different people to write letters on you relationship progress.

Hope this helps... Cheers

aussie0083 and don90 like this.

Reply With Quote
  #418 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm666 View Post
Hey everyone! I just received my grant letter earlier today. Following this forum has really helped me and I hope that it helps others who are waiting and also hope that they will receive their grants soon.

Time duration for processing - 6.5 Months

DOL- April 23rd, 2015
Medical and Biometrics given - 26th April, 2015
Request for Original PCC - 28th May, 2015
PCC handed over - 5th June,2015
First Stage Processing Complete - 10th June, 2015
(Long Long wait with no news from Immigration Board)
Phone Interview - 30th October, 2015
Visa Granted - 9th November, 2015

It was a very scary wait because my partner and I had a bit of an unusual relationship before we decided to get married and proving our marriage was genuine was the hard part, but all worked out for the best thankfully.

The best advice I could give regarding the Partner Visa is... apart from all the important documents, give extra proof that your marriage is genuine even if it means you need to get about 10 different people to write letters on you relationship progress.

Hope this helps... Cheers
Hi Bookworm666,

That's great news. Congratulations for you two. Great timeline and lucky we got it in less than 6 1/2 months.

Bookworm666 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #419 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2015, 03:04 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From srilanka

5 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm666 View Post
Hey everyone! I just received my grant letter earlier today. Following this forum has really helped me and I hope that it helps others who are waiting and also hope that they will receive their grants soon.

Time duration for processing - 6.5 Months

DOL- April 23rd, 2015
Medical and Biometrics given - 26th April, 2015
Request for Original PCC - 28th May, 2015
PCC handed over - 5th June,2015
First Stage Processing Complete - 10th June, 2015
(Long Long wait with no news from Immigration Board)
Phone Interview - 30th October, 2015
Visa Granted - 9th November, 2015

It was a very scary wait because my partner and I had a bit of an unusual relationship before we decided to get married and proving our marriage was genuine was the hard part, but all worked out for the best thankfully.

The best advice I could give regarding the Partner Visa is... apart from all the important documents, give extra proof that your marriage is genuine even if it means you need to get about 10 different people to write letters on you relationship progress.

Hope this helps... Cheers

Wow Bookworm666, that is the best timeline I've seen, in fact it gives me hope since my application is just around 1 month after yours. They called me for a face to face interview in this week. hopefully the grant won't take too long after that.
I wish you all the best in ausie

Bookworm666 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #420 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2015, 06:04 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From srilanka

5 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by manidee View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm sort of new here. I asked a few questions about spouse visas a few months ago and you people were so lovely and helpful! I really need to talk to people in my situation to save myself from going crazy. So I thought I'd come back here

Just to introduce myself, I'm an Australian citizen and my husband is a Sri Lankan citizen. We got married in December 2014 and applied for spouse visa on July 27. I know it's only been a month still, but everyone I've spoken with says that they were assigned a CO within a week or two but we haven't heard from them since lodging. The only email we received was an 'Acknowledgement of application received'.



Can someone please tell me if i have reason to worry or if this is standard?

Thank you in advance!
Hi manidee

have you heard anything about the visas yet? co, interview or final stage?


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
partner visa 309/100, partner visa 801, sri lanka, sri lankan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PMV/SPOUSE Visa - Sri Lanka - Age Difference morehitz Visas and immigration 14 04-30-2015 06:09 PM
spouse visa gagandeep Visas and immigration 0 08-13-2012 01:49 AM
Lodged Spouse and Tourist visa same day (spouse first) maggiedixon New member introductions 8 04-24-2012 04:30 AM
Potential Spouse Visa or Spouse Visa? unsure Visas and immigration 2 03-29-2012 03:43 AM
Spouse visa pepper New member introductions 0 01-21-2012 07:17 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:15 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com