Domestic Violence and PR waiting - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree5Likes

Domestic Violence and PR waiting - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2016, 03:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 50
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
50 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesteve View Post
Provide as much information as you can, if she had told family or friends get them to make stat decs.
My friends daughter was in a similar situation ( had made no reports to the police) and they denied her a visa as they said that in their opinion marriage had broken down and she had no right to stay in Australia.
Thanks for your comment.

OMG, Your friend's daughter's case makes me really scared and worried for my friend. When did that happen? Did your friend's daughter make a stat dec about the incidents of violence? In the end did she have to leave Australia or appeal?

Yes she had told her friends. Will tell her about this.


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2016, 04:08 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 2,030
Users Flag! From australia

643 likes received
177 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonGirl View Post

Thanks for your comment.

OMG, Your friend's daughter's case makes me really scared and worried for my friend. When did that happen? Did your friend's daughter make a stat dec about the incidents of violence? In the end did she have to leave Australia or appeal?

Yes she had told her friends. Will tell her about this.
It happened last year, and yes she had to leave.
It is important that she has told the friends specific details, not just general things, as they have to make a statutory declaration under oath, and a lot of people don't want to be in a situation where they could potentially charged with perjury.
I would suggest she consults with a Registered Migration Agent to develop a viable plan.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2016, 10:53 AM
chicken999's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 846
Users Flag! From australia

417 likes received
4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonGirl View Post
Thank you Mish, She decides not to go back to him. And now she is trying to collect evidence to submit. He didn't hit her but he swore, used abusive words to talk to her and used visa to demand her to do this and that. It was like living in hell for her during the past 2 years. Many women are scared to leave when the visa is like a weapon for the sponsor.

Tome that doesn't sound like domestic violence. Lots of Aussies swear it doesn't mean they are abusive, yes he does sound like an asshole - but violence? I don't know how she will go to be honest.

Was he like this before she came here or he's suddenly changed?

Sent from my iPad using Australia

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 50
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
50 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesteve View Post
It happened last year, and yes she had to leave.
It is important that she has told the friends specific details, not just general things, as they have to make a statutory declaration under oath, and a lot of people don't want to be in a situation where they could potentially charged with perjury.
I would suggest she consults with a Registered Migration Agent to develop a viable plan.
Yes, she did tell them specific details.

I sent you a private message but they said your inbox is full and can't take any more messages until you clear your inbox.

Anyway, I just have a question regarding to the case of your friend's daughter whose visa application was failed. Do you know what documents did she submit to the immigration? If you could provide any info it would be helpful for my friend's case. If you don't want to make it public on here, please feel free to send me a private message. Thank you in advance.


  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 50
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
50 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken999 View Post
Tome that doesn't sound like domestic violence. Lots of Aussies swear it doesn't mean they are abusive, yes he does sound like an asshole - but violence? I don't know how she will go to be honest.

Was he like this before she came here or he's suddenly changed?

Sent from my iPad using Australia
He was good before and they were very happy together. His abuse escalated by time and got worse last year. He kicked her out of their house many times (sometimes in the middle of the night) but she had nowhere to go, no friends and family around. When she refused to leave, he threw her belongings out to the door to force her to leave and said he would get police to remove her. This made her think that he had the right to get police to remove her so she didn't call police for help.
And I heard that there were sexual abuse involved when he forced her to have sex when she didn't want to.
I don't know what type of evidence her migration agent has asked her to provide.


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 103
Users Flag! From canada

39 likes received
8 likes given
Why didn't she call you when he kicked her out?

With no friends or family around it might be time to cut her losses and move back home. Life is tough enough sometimes let alone with no support network to rely on.


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,204
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1171 likes given
Something doesn't seem right to me about this....

You said she is your friend but had no friends to call when he kicked her out in the middle of the night??


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2016, 12:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 50
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
50 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC2BNE View Post
Why didn't she call you when he kicked her out?

With no friends or family around it might be time to cut her losses and move back home. Life is tough enough sometimes let alone with no support network to rely on.
I live 750kms away from her, so she couldn't get my help. She refused to leave the house and tried to stay. After many times she couldn't put up with him so on last occasion he kicked her out she left him and went straight to police and got help since then.


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2016, 12:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 50
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
50 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Something doesn't seem right to me about this....

You said she is your friend but had no friends to call when he kicked her out in the middle of the night??
Sorry I didn't tell the whole story so it's confusing.

As I explained above, I live very far from her so I couldn't be there to help her. She has some friends but they all live very far from her, not in the same town with her.

He kicked her out in the middle of the night but she didn't go, she got out of their bed and slept on the couch.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
domestic violence imran786 Visas and immigration 5 11-01-2015 08:14 PM
domestic violence rhodered Visas and immigration 5 09-24-2015 09:59 PM
Domestic Violence - What to do? ConfusedinOZ Visas and immigration 2 06-14-2015 03:00 AM
Domestic Violence - Help Please lbm Visas and immigration 3 07-16-2014 02:20 AM
Domestic violence provision moloko68 Visas and immigration 4 11-26-2011 06:09 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:51 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com