Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.


Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2016, 02:32 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From newzealand



My husband has New Zealand citizenship and I only has New Zealand PR. We would like to move to Australia. I have a Bachelor of Commerce from New Zealand University and currently working as a payment officer. My husband works for big company in logistics area in New Zeaalnd. I have a brother who is at intermediate school in New Zealand and currently living with us over 3 years already. I do understand that we all can move to Australia ( My brother and I can apply for subclass 461). However my question is If I can apply for any visa that can lead to permanent resident as we are seriously wanting to settle in Australia?
As I read about skilled migrant visa, for nominated occupation does that mean I have to be currently work on that occupation? Thank you

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2016, 01:25 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
With regard to your NZ citizen husband, was he in Australia on Feb 26th 2001 even on holiday or for 12 months in the two years prior or does he have a Centrelink certificate issued before Feb 26th 2004? If he meets any of the 2001 criteria he should be a protected SCV holder when he's in Australia. Otherwise was your husband in Australia at any time before Sept 1994 for any reason, even for a short holiday/school trip/sports trip as a child? If he was he may be eligible to apply for a Resident Return Visa (RRV) but may need to be in Australia to apply due to the requirement to prove ties to Australia. The RRV is a permanent visa - the application fee is currently $360. There is a new pathway for non-protected SCV holders from July next year but unfortunately those NZ citizens who were not resident in Australia on Feb 19th 2016 don't qualify. Is your husband's employer willing to sponsor him for PR?

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.