New Grad RN applying for PR

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JandE

New Grad RN applying for PR


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2016, 06:13 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Shellharbour
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From philippines

Post New Grad RN applying for PR

Hello guys!

I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree in nursing from a university in Australia. I got my registrattion from AHPRA and just got my 485 visa granted this week. My question is, am I elligible to apply for either 189/190 visa? I have zero experience as an RN as I am a new grad. If the application is point based I have 60 points for 189 and 65 points if I'll push for 190. I have sent my skills assesment to ANMAC ysterday. I chose registered nurse nec for my ANZSCO code. Below is my points allocation:
Age- 30 (26 y.o)
English- 10 (all B OET)
Qualification- 15 (Bachelor's degree)
Australian study- 5

Please shed some light on my case. Am I eligible to apply for PR? Currently, i am waiting for my Anmac assessment result which is expected to be released in May. Thank you so much.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2016, 06:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,680
Users Flag! From australia

1132 likes received
329 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieRN View Post
Hello guys!

I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree in nursing from a university in Australia. I got my registrattion from AHPRA and just got my 485 visa granted this week. My question is, am I elligible to apply for either 189/190 visa? I have zero experience as an RN as I am a new grad. If the application is point based I have 60 points for 189 and 65 points if I'll push for 190. I have sent my skills assesment to ANMAC ysterday. I chose registered nurse nec for my ANZSCO code. Below is my points allocation:
Age- 30 (26 y.o)
English- 10 (all B OET)
Qualification- 15 (Bachelor's degree)
Australian study- 5

Please shed some light on my case. Am I eligible to apply for PR? Currently, i am waiting for my Anmac assessment result which is expected to be released in May. Thank you so much.
I had a friend who graduated from an Australian Uni with a bachelor's degree in nursing, she then got the 485 Temporary Graduate visa, and after gaining some experience, she applied for PR.

How long is your 485 valid for ?

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801 PMV to PR 44 months.
Full Timeline: www.australiaforum.com/immigration-timelines/131018

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2016, 08:25 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Shellharbour
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
I had a friend who graduated from an Australian Uni with a bachelor's degree in nursing, she then got the 485 Temporary Graduate visa, and after gaining some experience, she applied for PR.

How long is your 485 valid for ?
My 485 visa lets me stay for another 2 years. Thanks! 😊


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2016, 07:55 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From indonesia

2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieRN View Post
My 485 visa lets me stay for another 2 years. Thanks! 😊
Hi, glad to hear that. I'm positively confident that you will get great chance to apply PR because your points is satisfactory. Go for it!

Btw, I'm on the third year of RN in ACU sydney. How'd you get 485? I thought we have to register with ANMAC and gain 3 months paid full time experience?
How do we get 3 months work full time permit visa?


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2016, 08:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,680
Users Flag! From australia

1132 likes received
329 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
HHow'd you get 485? I thought we have to register with ANMAC and gain 3 months paid full time experience?
How do we get 3 months work full time permit visa?
The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) states:

have recently graduated with either an eligible qualification or with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (SOL).

And

you must meet the Australian study requirement in the last six months

holymoly likes this.
__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801 PMV to PR 44 months.
Full Timeline: www.australiaforum.com/immigration-timelines/131018

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2016, 09:13 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From indonesia

2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) states:

have recently graduated with either an eligible qualification or with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (SOL).

And

you must meet the Australian study requirement in the last six months
Yes, I read them all, and the following direct quotes that confuses me,
If your nominated occupation is a Nurse, you must obtain a skills assessment from the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) even if currently registered to work as a nurse in an Australian state or territory
To register with ANMAC, you need to have 3 months paid full time work. is that correct?
If you are applying under ANZSCO codes 254499, 254111, or 411411 and do not need to obtain extra points towards your visa application, you are not required to submit professional references. If you are applying for an assessment under any other ANZSCO Code, you need to provide a professional reference of at least three months (full time equivalent) paid work experience in that setting.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New U.S. Grad - Applying to AUS jobs skmcleod Visas and immigration 3 12-16-2015 05:47 PM
New Grad - Australia job applications skmcleod Visas and immigration 7 11-25-2015 09:51 AM
Grad school TomBraus Education 1 09-12-2015 08:02 AM
commercial cookery grad options osyan_girl Visas and immigration 2 02-19-2015 04:00 AM
Applying for Permanent Residency while attending grad school in Melbourne? TheInternational Visas and immigration 1 03-16-2011 05:12 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:34 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com