Want to marry a Moldovan girl in Australia: Tourist Visa suggestion

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bma
  • 1 Post By yasirfarabi

Want to marry a Moldovan girl in Australia: Tourist Visa suggestion


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12
Users Flag! From bangladesh

2 likes received
1 likes given
Want to marry a Moldovan girl in Australia: Tourist Visa suggestion

Hi there:

I'm living in Sydney on bridging visa (applied for TR). I want to marry a girl (divorced) in Sydney who lives in Moldova. We're planning to apply for a tourist visa for her for 3 weeks. Some of our situations include:

1. She only has $1000 in her bank account
2. She has all her family members and friends in Moldova (two sons: 2 & 5 year old, parents, brother)
3. She doesn't own any property in Moldova
4. I've nearly $10,000 in my bank account
5. I'll be providing for her total expenditure & accommodation
6. I'll write an invitation letter for her
7. I do a full-time job. For some reason, I cannot show my payslips but I can show my salary is going to my account on a regular basis from my bank statement.

In the tourist visa application form should she mention that she's coming to Australia for getting married or should she mention that she's only visiting a friend? Which would prove to be a stronger case in favor of her?

I cannot apply for PMV because I cannot prove genuine relationship with her. I've never even seen her in person. We only talk on messenger and phone.

I've been providing financial assistance to her for 5 months. Should it mentioned anywhere?

Any other suggestion are gladly welcomed!

Thanks.


Last edited by yasirfarabi; 09-28-2012 at 11:40 PM.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 AM
bma bma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NSW
Posts: 440
Users Flag! From australia

100 likes received
641 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasirfarabi View Post
Hi there:

I'm living in Sydney on bridging visa (applied for TR). I want to marry a girl (divorced) in Sydney who lives in Moldova. We're planning to apply for a tourist visa for her for 3 weeks. Some of our situations include:

1. She only has $1000 in her bank account
2. She has all her family members and friends in Moldova (two sons: 2 & 5 year old, parents, brother)
3. She doesn't own any property in Moldova
4. I've nearly $10,000 in my bank account
5. I'll be providing for her total expenditure & accommodation
6. I'll write an invitation letter for her
7. I do a full-time job. For some reason, I cannot show my payslips but I can show my salary is going to my account on a regular basis from my bank statement.

In the tourist visa application form should she mention that she's coming to Australia for getting married or should she mention that she's only visiting a friend? Which would prove to be a stronger case in favor of her?

I cannot apply for PMV because I cannot prove genuine relationship with her. I've never even seen her in person. We only talk on messenger and phone.

I've been providing financial assistance to her for 5 months. Should it mentioned anywhere?

Any other suggestion are gladly welcomed!

Thanks.

In order to sponsor your fiance, you must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. Because you aren't a permanent resident, you can't sponsor her for a partner visa.

She can fly to Australia on a tourist visa to get married, but you can't secure a visa for her - based on your marriage - that would allow her to stay in the country.

You need to know that PMV visas need way less evidence than partner visas, so getting married to obtain a visa is not recommended. Check the Partner Migration booklet: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm/ and you'll see you need lots of solid evidence, even if you are married.

PMV is certainly the easiest solution, but only when you're eligible as a sponsor, that means when you are a permanent resident (and not a temporary resident). Once you are a permanent resident, it would probably be the best to fly to Europe to meet her in person or she could fly on a tourist visa to Australia to meet you, and after she returns to Moldova (or your return to Australia), you could apply for her PMV.

Zamaussie likes this.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12
Users Flag! From bangladesh

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by bma View Post
In order to sponsor your fiance......you could apply for her PMV.
Thanks for your reply. However, I'm only thinking about tourist visa at this moment, not PMV or Spouse visa...I just want to bring her here to get married.

I'll show that I'll providing her expenditure for this visit. I just want to know that in the visa application form should she mention that she is coming here to get married or visiting a friend or may be any other suggestion.

Thanks


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 AM
bma bma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NSW
Posts: 440
Users Flag! From australia

100 likes received
641 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasirfarabi View Post
Thanks for your reply. However, I'm only thinking about tourist visa at this moment, not PMV or Spouse visa...I just want to bring her here to get married.

I'll show that I'll providing her expenditure for this visit. I just want to know that in the visa application form should she mention that she is coming here to get married or visiting a friend or may be any other suggestion.

Thanks
That's a tough question, frankly I have no idea what would be the best.

In general, it's always better to tell the truth on all the applications. After all, she'll be issued a tourist visa with No Further Stay, so she will have to return home, even though she gets married in Australia.


I hope somebody else will help you with your questions...

Good luck!!


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 52
Users Flag! From australia

17 likes received
Hi,

I don't really think it matters if you tell immigration you are geting married or not. I think they will be more concerned with your evidence she will return home at the end of the visa period and not overstay.

Regards
Ausfil


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2013, 08:12 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 9
Users Flag! From india

1 likes given
Hi yasirfarabi, I was just curious if you ever figured out your situation. I am in a similar spot, and was looking for a way forward too. Let me know. Appreciate it. Thanks.


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12
Users Flag! From bangladesh

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos View Post
Hi yasirfarabi, I was just curious if you ever figured out your situation. I am in a similar spot, and was looking for a way forward too. Let me know. Appreciate it. Thanks.
Hello kratos. She was here in December and we spent a very warm 2 weeks together. Obviously I figured out something.

She applied for 3 weeks tourist visa at Australian Embassy in Russia and was granted a 1 month visa with "no further stay" condition. I provided the following documents:

1. My bank statement stating my bank balance (nearly 16,000 AUD) with income stream for the last 6 months or so (proof of her living expenditure)
2. My passport photocopy with my visa label
3. Flight booking (return included). Just booking, not actual purchase
4. Invitation letter (main focus was to state the reasons why she would have to return home...like: she left her kids home, she is a single mom, her mom would take care of the kids but she has full time job...so she cant continue this forever, she has nobody in Australia, her whole family is there, she is the president of parent's committee at school)
5. My rental agreement (proof of her accommodation)
6. Travel Insurance (actual purchase)
7. Statutory declaration

She got her visa within 2 weeks of application lodgement. She was called by embassy and was asked what was her relationship with me, how have we met, if she is afraid to travel alone to someone who she doesn't know and blah blah.

If you have further query, feel free to ask.

kratos likes this.

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Users Flag! From australia

7 likes received
6 likes given
I agree with both bma and Ausfil - even if you (she) can convince the staff at the Australian Embassy Moscow that she has a compelling reason to return to Moldova, there's more than likely chance here tourist visa will have an '8503 - no further stay' condition imposed on it; but as you seem to be planning to marry her and sending her back home, the fact that she will not be able to apply for any visa whatsoever while she's here shouldn't matter to you.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you should check out this before sending any more money: Relationship Scam - Australian Embassy

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 9
Users Flag! From india

1 likes given
Awesome response bro, really appreciate it.

So what I gather is that you specified on the visa application form that she intends on getting married to you on her visit to Australia. Correct?

Also, since I am currently on a 457 visa I was looking to bring her down on a tourist visa, get married, then eventually add her to my 457 visa as a dependent. Is that something you considered too?

Gotta say, you had to submit a lot of documents there just to obtain a tourist visa for your lady.....quite a pain in the back side. I'm thinking I'm going to have to do the same.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apply to First student visa inside Australia for Russian girl Angela 55 Visas and immigration 11 08-25-2012 11:21 PM
Marry using tourist visa after PMV submission Dorcas Visas and immigration 10 08-01-2012 04:46 AM
Marry during PMV on tourist visa? jess_needs_help Visas and immigration 1 04-16-2012 04:35 AM
can indian on new zealand student visa marry in australia syed Visas and immigration 4 11-19-2010 01:23 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:55 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com