Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   Am I close? (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/16452-am-i-close.html)

fuerstin 10-05-2012 09:57 AM

Am I close?
 
Hi everybody!
I am just wondering if I am close to get a partner visa (hopefully a permanent), even it is just 4 month ago that my application was lodged. I have 2 case officers, I provide my medical and police clearance and both were ok and the last I heard from my case officers was that they continue with the processing.
Well, what doas it mean? Am I close? The application is lodged in Austria-Vienna, my husband is Australien and we are married for 13 years and have a child (12), our son has the australien citizenship (recently). I am just impatient, because we are spending our money here in Croatia instead in OZ and we can t wait to start living in Perth and being with our frends over there.
Looking foward for any kind of support :)

sunnysmile 10-05-2012 09:49 PM

We lodged our application in June too (Vienna), we have 2 case officers (maybe the same), provided medicals and police clearance just as you do. We are married for six years and both my wife and child are Australian citizens. All I heard from CO is that processing time is between 7-9 month because they have a lot of applications this year even after I told him I think our case is decision ready. Our country is "high risk" and processing times are longer than those of low risk countries. I hope that we are very close. I think we will get it before new year come.

Aineko 10-05-2012 11:39 PM

I'd say that "continue with processing" is certainly not as close as, for example, "decision ready" would be. So although you may get lucky and get a decision any moment soon I'd still look on it as being few months away.
I think that the waiting time depends a lot on the workload of the office. Serbia is a high risk too but my application in Auckland, NZ, in 2010 was processed in just 6 or 7 weeks.

sunnysmile 10-06-2012 06:57 AM

Aineko, you can clearly see judging by timelines from the majority of forum members that cases like yours are exceptions (and timelines were a lot shorter in 2010 than nowadays).

fuerstin 10-06-2012 08:54 AM

thank you for your support, hopefully you are right that we are getting the visa this year, cant wait, all the best for you!

Mica 11-26-2012 06:44 AM

Hi all,

My husband is Croatian and I'm Australian. We applied in July this year for partner visa at Vienna. I recently called them and my CO told me his interview will be in December in Zagreb.

Does anyone know the waiting period for Vienna after the interview ?

Seeing as you all applied before we did, I hope everyone has their visas and living happily in Oz :)

Mica

Mica 11-26-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuerstin (Post 65752)
Hi everybody!
I am just wondering if I am close to get a partner visa (hopefully a permanent), even it is just 4 month ago that my application was lodged. I have 2 case officers, I provide my medical and police clearance and both were ok and the last I heard from my case officers was that they continue with the processing.
Well, what doas it mean? Am I close? The application is lodged in Austria-Vienna, my husband is Australien and we are married for 13 years and have a child (12), our son has the australien citizenship (recently). I am just impatient, because we are spending our money here in Croatia instead in OZ and we can t wait to start living in Perth and being with our frends over there.
Looking foward for any kind of support :)

Hi there,

I think you should get your visa real soon. Especially since you have been married for so long and have a child. The embassy probably had a larger than normal number of applications this year hence the wait.

Fingers crossed for you that you get it soon!

sunnysmile 11-26-2012 06:49 AM

Unfortunately, we are still here waiting. I hope it will be granted before Christmas but judging by their speed it could be February next year.

Mica 11-26-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnysmile (Post 70213)
Unfortunately, we are still here waiting. I hope it will be granted before Christmas but judging by their speed it could be February next year.

Hey Sunny :)

Nice to hear on your progress, just sad it's not better news :(
Have they booked and interview time for you guys? Have you been calling/emailing them?

I have been in touch with my CO a couple of times every month both calling and emailing. Her name is Ingrid Subdovnik (or something like that) and I have found her really helpful.

I hoped we would get the visa before Xmas but I dont think we will. Apparently after the interview they still have to wait for form80 to come back which takes up to 6 months! Sranje!!!! I have called DIAC & ASIO her in Aus and no one can tell me the progress of this form :-/ strange.

Keep me updated on your progress cos I'm really interested about others that are in same situation as me :)

fuerstin 11-26-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mica (Post 70212)
Hi there,

I think you should get your visa real soon. Especially since you have been married for so long and have a child. The embassy probably had a larger than normal number of applications this year hence the wait.

Fingers crossed for you that you get it soon!


Thank you Mica, but there will be nothing before February 2013. I called my CO and she told me that the earliest date to get the visa will be February but it could be April as well, she told me that everything is ok with my application and I`ll get the permanent status, but there is just a standard procedure and she can`t help it. And she told me, that there is no more high risk and low risk country, now its all the same. To be honest, its maybe better, so I have more time to make a very good plan, my husband was now for 3 weeks in Perth (after 15 years) and of course a lot of things changed and it will be difficult with a job and accommodation and school...More time-less mistakes-hopefully!;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com