Berlin Embassy Processing Time - Page 164

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1596Likes

Berlin Embassy Processing Time - Page 164


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1631 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2014, 08:44 AM
summerandtilly's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 98
Users Flag! From australia

33 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramon View Post
Visa granted this morning, at a little less than 7.5 months!! Phew! Just when the mercury here in Berlin was starting to go into free fall
Congratulations!!! Just in time for the festive season. All the best

ramon likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1632 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Berlin
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From australia

20 likes received
20 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDT View Post
Congrats . what was your timeline, please share for ppl like us.
Applied on April 25, and had everything sorted (health, police checks etc etc) by July.


Reply With Quote
  #1633 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From germany

6 likes received
1 likes given
Congratulations Jasmin and Ramon, that's great news!!


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1634 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 132
Users Flag! From australia

33 likes received
35 likes given
omg we just received an email from the CO asking us to get the medicals and police checks done! Originally they told us don't expect to be asked until at least March next year (which is why we didn't get them earlier).

There were two attachments in the mail - one of them said that due to the longer waiting period of 10-14 months to get a medical and police check 4-5 months after receiving this letter. The other attachment was a personal letter from the CO, saying we have within 70 days to get the medical and police check. So which one is it, 4-5 months or within 70 days? I'm guessing the 4-5 months was just a standard copy/paste email?

Does this mean it could be approved quicker than we originally expected? How long after the medicals and police check is the visa usually approved?

Seems like there is a lot of movement at Berlin Embassy lately. I wonder if they actually took our complaints seriously and hired more staff?


Last edited by ISTJ; 12-08-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #1635 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Akya's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 59
Users Flag! From australia

23 likes received
5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISTJ View Post
omg we just received an email from the CO asking us to get the medicals and police checks done! Originally they told us don't expect to be asked until at least March next year (which is why we didn't get them earlier). There were two attachments in the mail - one of them said that due to the longer waiting period of 10-14 months to get a medical and police check 4-5 months after receiving this letter. The other attachment was a personal letter from the CO, saying we have within 70 days to get the medical and police check. So which one is it, 4-5 months or within 70 days? I'm guessing the 4-5 months was just a standard copy/paste email? Does this mean it could be approved quicker than we originally expected? How long after the medicals and police check is the visa usually approved? Seems like there is a lot of movement at Berlin Embassy lately. I wonder if they actually took our complaints seriously and hired more staff?
Hmm I just went through my fiance's attachments from when he was asked to get his police checks and medical and didn't see anything about 4-5 months but it might differ between country (my fiance is from Italy).

I suggest to stick to the 70 days your CO stated as that is the personalised letter.

I'm not too sure about the rest of the questions, but I highly doubt they hired more staff since a few people complained. (If that was the case, a lot of stuff wouldn't be argued in the Senate that currently is!)

__________________
Visa: Subclass 300 (PMV). Nationality: Italy. Application Date: 20 September 2014. Visa granted: 20 May 2015.
Visa: Subclass 820. Application Date: 3 July 2015. Visa granted: September 2015.
Visa: Subclass 801. Application Date: 19 September 2017. Visa granted: 24 May 2018.
Citizenship! Applied: Online. Eligibility Date: 24 May 2019. Application Date: 25 June 2019. Test Date: waiting...

Reply With Quote
  #1636 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 132
Users Flag! From australia

33 likes received
35 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akya View Post
Hmm I just went through my fiance's attachments from when he was asked to get his police checks and medical and didn't see anything about 4-5 months but it might differ between country (my fiance is from Italy).

I suggest to stick to the 70 days your CO stated as that is the personalised letter.

I'm not too sure about the rest of the questions, but I highly doubt they hired more staff since a few people complained. (If that was the case, a lot of stuff wouldn't be argued in the Senate that currently is!)
I see you applied on the 20th September and didn't get asked for medical/police checks until 25th November? Strange that we actually got our request for medical/police checks quicker, especially when you're applying for PMV!

Perhaps we will have a little bit of luck for once! Maybe its a christmas miracle?!


Reply With Quote
  #1637 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Akya's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 59
Users Flag! From australia

23 likes received
5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISTJ View Post
I see you applied on the 20th September and didn't get asked for medical/police checks until 25th November? Strange that we actually got our request for medical/police checks quicker, especially when you're applying for PMV! Perhaps we will have a little bit of luck for once! Maybe its a christmas miracle?!
They asked us for other things before asking us for the police check/medical which might explain why we're on a later timeframe than you. I'm not in Australia so they got me to go through the hassle of getting my single state and pay an express fee and all the expenses at the consulate in Japan for my passport copy and all the copies the Brisbane office for Births, Deaths and Marriages needed certified. We used the whole 28 days they gave us! It was stressful since our priest refused to sign the Notice of Intended Marriage which my fiance signed in Milan, paid express to me to get signed in Japan and then express to my parents. The NoIM only got to Dad on the 24th day of the deadline!

We set the wedding date before knowing that the timeframe is now 10-14 months (immi.gov.au says 5-12 months STILL). We're hoping that we're lucky too since we've booked our one way flights already!

But I must add, you mentioned that they reminded you the wait time is 10-14 months? They gave us that in the first email we got from our CO but didn't have that in the second email regarding the police checks. Our CO did say that she had "began considering your application for this visa". Is that because that was the first email you received?

__________________
Visa: Subclass 300 (PMV). Nationality: Italy. Application Date: 20 September 2014. Visa granted: 20 May 2015.
Visa: Subclass 820. Application Date: 3 July 2015. Visa granted: September 2015.
Visa: Subclass 801. Application Date: 19 September 2017. Visa granted: 24 May 2018.
Citizenship! Applied: Online. Eligibility Date: 24 May 2019. Application Date: 25 June 2019. Test Date: waiting...

Last edited by Akya; 12-08-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #1638 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 132
Users Flag! From australia

33 likes received
35 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akya View Post
They asked us for other things before asking us for the police check/medical which might explain why we're on a later timeframe than you. I'm not in Australia so they got me to go through the hassle of getting my single state and pay an express fee and all the expenses at the consulate in Japan for my passport copy and all the copies the Brisbane office for Births, Deaths and Marriages needed certified. We used the whole 28 days they gave us! It was stressful since our priest refused to sign the Notice of Intended Marriage which my fiance signed in Milan, paid express to me to get signed in Japan and then express to my parents. The NoIM only got to Dad on the 24th day of the deadline!

We set the wedding date before knowing that the timeframe is now 10-14 months (immi.gov.au says 5-12 months STILL). We're hoping that we're lucky too since we've booked our one way flights already!

But I must add, you mentioned that they reminded you the wait time is 10-14 months? They gave us that in the first email we got from our CO but didn't have that in the second email regarding the police checks. Our CO did say that she had "began considering your application for this visa". Is that because that was the first email you received?
No we received both attachments in the same email. The one saying to get the medical in 4-5 months was just a standard copy/paste attachment, and the attachment from the CO says it must be within 70 days.

So perhaps it is a good sign? Maybe they have suddenly employed more people due to all the complaints?


Reply With Quote
  #1639 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 132
Users Flag! From australia

33 likes received
35 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin92 View Post
Who's your co? When exactly did u apply?...I guess we are arround the same time we applied on 17th of april. PMV 300

I have to say my co JV is very nice and answered straight away.
Very sad that u get to hear nothing.
We also have co JV! Good to hear she replies quickly


Reply With Quote
  #1640 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2014, 04:24 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From netherlands

Hey guys.
I am new to this forum, we have read all your posts, and we have a lot in common, I am glad there is a forum that could discuss our concerns, we have lodged our Prospective Marriage Visa (PMV) on October 2014 through a MARA agent, my fiancÚ is from Netherlands (Has a Netherland's travel document and residence ) and I am an Australian citizen, the embassy stated that it will take 10-14 months, which a very long wait, as a result we have lodged a short stay visitor visa so my fiancÚ can spend Christmas and my birthday with me, so what do you think our chances are regarding the visitor visa?.I am so anxious, I hope I hear from you guys soon!!


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offshore Spouse Visa Processing Times at the London Embassy xomox Visas and immigration 1542 08-25-2020 07:53 AM
Philippine Embassy Visa Processing Times UPDATE Princess Visas and immigration 5 08-25-2012 08:49 AM
PMV Processing Time MArk Harrison Visas and immigration 4 10-01-2011 12:29 AM
Visa time line - Family, spouse applications (Embassy Location) augenblick Visas and immigration 2 08-15-2011 03:25 AM
Processing time now Bindi Visas and immigration 4 03-17-2011 04:45 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:40 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com