Berlin Embassy Processing Time - Page 193

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1596Likes

Berlin Embassy Processing Time - Page 193


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1921 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2015, 11:19 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From greece

14 likes received
13 likes given
We got an email today, asking us to send form 1229 and do the medical exam on February 2016. I have a question. In form 1229 you must attach the child's birth certificate, certified copy of passport. I have sent them with the application do I send them again??? The CO does not mention anything else


Last edited by socworkersk; 07-13-2015 at 11:22 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #1922 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2015, 11:23 AM
K&k K&k is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 83
Users Flag! From greece

19 likes received
131 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by socworkersk View Post
We got an email today, asking us to send form 1229 and do the medical exam on February 2016. I have a question. In form 1229 you must attach the child's birth certificate, certified copy of passport. I have sent them with the application do I send them again??? The CO does not mention anything else
I realy dont know but to play it safe attach it to the form as said


Reply With Quote
  #1923 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
1 likes given
Ciao tutti!

We applied online Jan20 2015. We were under the impression that online applications are processed within 6 months.

From what im seeing here and elsewhere, it seems 8 months is the going rate? With some people reporting an increase to 10-14 months??

Our case should be pretty clearcut, but now im starting to worry. I have big plans that will be destroyed if we have to wait 14 months, even 8-9 is going to be a problem. Im talking about massive life changing events that dont just come about.

So whats the verdict? 8 months or 10-14? From what im seeing, the 10-14 is being reported by the embassy, but isnt the typical experience for most. Perhaps they are saying 10-14 to allow themselves to buffer for the more difficult cases, and allows most to go though earlier. I mean, whos going to complain if it comes earlier right?

Also, though I cant see any examples lately, does anyone have experience of 6 month visas?


...private grumble... how can they say 6 months and it goes up, and after they doubled the fee!! we got stung I think.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1924 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
1 likes given
For anyone curious, my 'big plans' involve my big break into the film industry. A huge project, a great start to our big move.. but if I miss it.. Ill be heart broken.. and ruined.


Reply With Quote
  #1925 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2015, 07:06 PM
K&k K&k is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 83
Users Flag! From greece

19 likes received
131 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
Ciao tutti!

We applied online Jan20 2015. We were under the impression that online applications are processed within 6 months.

From what im seeing here and elsewhere, it seems 8 months is the going rate? With some people reporting an increase to 10-14 months??

Our case should be pretty clearcut, but now im starting to worry. I have big plans that will be destroyed if we have to wait 14 months, even 8-9 is going to be a problem. Im talking about massive life changing events that dont just come about.

So whats the verdict? 8 months or 10-14? From what im seeing, the 10-14 is being reported by the embassy, but isnt the typical experience for most. Perhaps they are saying 10-14 to allow themselves to buffer for the more difficult cases, and allows most to go though earlier. I mean, whos going to complain if it comes earlier right?

Also, though I cant see any examples lately, does anyone have experience of 6 month visas?


...private grumble... how can they say 6 months and it goes up, and after they doubled the fee!! we got stung I think.
Hi there, like they say every case varies but im sorry to say that the average processing time is 10 to 14 months now we applied oct 2014 going on 9 months now we have a house and work both wating for us weve lived together for 5 years married for a year that makes 6 sounds simple doesnt it ,,,,,,,,, its a long wait looking into a black hole and very nerve racking my friend hang in there


Reply With Quote
  #1926 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2015, 04:53 AM
AusIndo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 565
Users Flag! From australia

74 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
For anyone curious, my 'big plans' involve my big break into the film industry. A huge project, a great start to our big move.. but if I miss it.. Ill be heart broken.. and ruined.
Immigration has no consistency at all, I feel as though they're processing files based on how they woke up in the morning...

Timmo I wish all the very best!
You might be able to make a movie out of this loooooong wait!

K&k likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1927 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2015, 07:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 132
Users Flag! From australia

45 likes received
104 likes given
hello to all,

I decided to join the conversation and introduce myself. We applied for a PMV in December 2014, did medicals in April when requested and haven't heard anything since.

Berlin was looking so good a couple of months ago; someone who applied in late October was granted a visa at the end of May, which got my hopes up. Now, nearly 2 months later, other October applicants are still waiting. Berlin processing seems to have ground to a standstill. Are all the embassy staff on holiday? The waiting and uncertainty is really depressing.

Timmo, until recently a lot of Berlin applicants were getting grants around the 8 month mark which has now puffed out to 9ish (if the last October applicants get theirs soon). When the wait time will be stretched out to 10+ months remains to be seen. That could be what's happening right now, given the long period of inactivity.

__________________
Applied for PMV online through Berlin: 23rd December 2014
Medicals completed: 19th April 2015
PMV granted: 4th September 2015
Arrived in Australia: 25th November 2015

Applied for 820 from PMV online from Melbourne: 24th May 2016
820 granted: 14th February 2017

Reply With Quote
  #1928 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2015, 07:53 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 14
Users Flag! From greece

4 likes received
8 likes given
Hi Timmo,

We also applied on the 20th Jan 2015. No news either yet!

K&k likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1929 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2015, 08:20 PM
K&k K&k is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 83
Users Flag! From greece

19 likes received
131 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
hello to all,

I decided to join the conversation and introduce myself. We applied for a PMV in December 2014, did medicals in April when requested and haven't heard anything since.

Berlin was looking so good a couple of months ago; someone who applied in late October was granted a visa at the end of May, which got my hopes up. Now, nearly 2 months later, other October applicants are still waiting. Berlin processing seems to have ground to a standstill. Are all the embassy staff on holiday? The waiting and uncertainty is really depressing.

Timmo, until recently a lot of Berlin applicants were getting grants around the 8 month mark which has now puffed out to 9ish (if the last October applicants get theirs soon). When the wait time will be stretched out to 10+ months remains to be seen. That could be what's happening right now, given the long period of inactivity.

Hi there back, and welcome to the waiting club


Reply With Quote
  #1930 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2015, 08:21 PM
K&k K&k is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 83
Users Flag! From greece

19 likes received
131 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Hi Timmo,

We also applied on the 20th Jan 2015. No news either yet!
We applied October 2014 still waiting


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offshore Spouse Visa Processing Times at the London Embassy xomox Visas and immigration 1542 08-25-2020 08:53 AM
Philippine Embassy Visa Processing Times UPDATE Princess Visas and immigration 5 08-25-2012 09:49 AM
PMV Processing Time MArk Harrison Visas and immigration 4 10-01-2011 01:29 AM
Visa time line - Family, spouse applications (Embassy Location) augenblick Visas and immigration 2 08-15-2011 04:25 AM
Processing time now Bindi Visas and immigration 4 03-17-2011 05:45 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:36 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com