Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   Berlin Embassy Processing Time (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/16467-berlin-embassy-processing-time.html)

sasasou 11-20-2012 06:50 PM

@koets:
Thank you! Haha, eventually, I got him out of bed:))).

@melandabdul:
Thank you so much, same back to you!!

Hope that we all get visa's accordingly sooner than predicted. I was checking my mails twenty times a day recently, just could not stop obsessing.
Process seems pretty weird to me sometimes, think I had a pretty good CO, though.

Wish you all the best, guys!

melandabdul 11-20-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasasou (Post 69706)
@koets:
Thank you! Haha, eventually, I got him out of bed:))).

@melandabdul:
Thank you so much, same back to you!!

Hope that we all get visa's accordingly sooner than predicted. I was checking my mails twenty times a day recently, just could not stop obsessing.
Process seems pretty weird to me sometimes, think I had a pretty good CO, though.

Wish you all the best, guys!

Can you pls remind me again who your CO was?
Can you explain what they meant about the that "we have just been given further advice in regards to the time in which we can finalise applications"

koets 11-20-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melandabdul

Can you pls remind me again who your CO was?
Can you explain what they meant about the that "we have just been given further advice in regards to the time in which we can finalise applications"

I know these questions weren't meant for me, but easy to know anyway; my CO is Corinna Karwoth. She's really nice and always replies to emails or call. Sometime it takes a bit longer.

melandabdul 11-20-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koets (Post 69722)
I know these questions weren't meant for me, but easy to know anyway; my CO is Corinna Karwoth. She's really nice and always replies to emails or call. Sometime it takes a bit longer.

We have Corinna also and have found her to be really good. I haven't ever spoken her on the phone though but it's good to know that she is responsive to calls. Whenever I did try her phone it ALWAYS went to her voicemail. Is that the same for you Koets?

Did you guys have an interview with Corrina? My fiancÚ is about to have one on Monday so just wonder

melandabdul 11-20-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koets (Post 69722)
I know these questions weren't meant for me, but easy to know anyway; my CO is Ck. She's really nice and always replies to emails or call. Sometime it takes a bit longer.

We have Ck also and have found her to be really good. I haven't ever spoken her on the phone though but it's good to know that she is responsive to calls. Whenever I did try her phone it ALWAYS went to her voicemail. Is that the same for you Koets?

Did you guys have an interview with ck? My fiancé is about to have one on Monday so just wondering if you has any pointers.

koets 11-21-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melandabdul

We have Corinna also and have found her to be really good. I haven't ever spoken her on the phone though but it's good to know that she is responsive to calls. Whenever I did try her phone it ALWAYS went to her voicemail. Is that the same for you Koets?

Did you guys have an interview with Corrina? My fiancÚ is about to have one on Monday so just wondering if you has any pointers.

Haha yes, indeed always her voicemail. I guess that's her way of phone screening. I left a message on the voicemail and then she'd call me back.
We didn't have interviews and I'm surprised that to read about so many on this forum. Corinna emailed me months ago and confirmed on the phone that she didn't need any more information, so I'm guessing an interview isn't necessary anymore!?! No pointers, sorry. Good luck though!

Carasa 11-21-2012 09:16 AM

Hi everyone! I am Swedish and my defacto partner and two children are Australian citizens.
I applied for a 309 partner-visa and it was lodged on the 12th of July 2012 in Berlin with my police check included.
I got a co assigned to me within a week.
I did my medical on th 20th of July.
My co have indicated that I should not expect anything to happen before Feb-13.
But I am still hoping....

sasasou 11-21-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melandabdul (Post 69718)
Can you pls remind me again who your CO was?
Can you explain what they meant about the that "we have just been given further advice in regards to the time in which we can finalise applications"

I have MR.
Well, she did not specify of to which extent processing times declined in general. But last information given to me was it would take at least 7-9 months, but when my visa arrives before departure as she said it would actually be six month.

Gerrywins 11-21-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasasou (Post 69691)
OMG!!!!

I just received this eMail from my CO: "I am pleased to advise you also that we have just been given further advice in regards to the time in which we can finalise applications, which means that I will be able to proceed with the grant of your visa before your intended travel to Australia on 8th December."

Yeeeezzz, guys, we are SOOOOOO close. Hold on, it is not far away!!!!!!!

Damn, cannot get through to my love, he is sleeping!!!

Wow congratulations, very happy for you. I hope mine will not hit the 12 month mark. i lodged in February and if indeed they were processing applications according to order of receiving them, I would have received mine now. Very happy that you will soon see your love.

emj 11-21-2012 10:00 PM

Hello everyone,

It seems like a few "vacancies" came up for them in Berlin just recently, because I finally got mine yesterday -- well, not the visa, but some vague copy and pasted words in an email indicating that I would get the visa on my next entry into Australia. I will write full details about how it all worked on this thread after I've got the actual visa.

So, it ended up being over 6 and a half months from the date of application to the visa being ready. Disappointing given that we were specifically told five months when we applied in May. They have had many come in since then though (they told us), so are saying 7 months for low-risk ones submitted more recently. If the high-risk ones remain 4-5 months longer to come through (as in the processing times), you might therefore be looking at a year for a high-risk sent now, but for yours sent in February, Gerrywins, it should come through faster than that (based on mine sent in May taking between the 5 months of then and 7 months of now).

Koets, your situation looks similar to ours and you are only a month behind, so you will hopefully get it soon. With luck, the coming Christmas break will speed it up!

Congratulations to everyone who has got theirs and good luck to everyone else!


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com