PMV Evidence

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

PMV Evidence


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2016, 12:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 131
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
10 likes given
PMV Evidence

Hey guys,

Firstly I'm sorry because I know there's a thousand threads on this subject already but this is leading to a specific question that I couldn't find an answer to.

We have a lot of evidence. We have recently spent 3 months together, we have pictures together and with family and friends attending events etc. Before we put in our application we will have done another two trips (one each) we're just starting to organise our evidence so when the time comes its all sorted. I've been keeping things like plane tickets, movie stubbs, tickets to events. I also have screenshots of Facebook of activities we've done together with the dates/photos so I think that's all covered.

My question is regarding communication. I read that a lot of people say they snapshot parts of conversation that are significant but most of our significant conversation happens verbally... however we only have time to Skype once a week due to our work schedules. So our Skype log shows about a 3hr weekly video chat and then we do chat on Facebook every day but it's not very indepth such as talking about our future. What would be your advice for our Facebook chat? You can't download a Facebook chat so unfortunately all I can do is copy/paste or screenshot.

Thank you.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2016, 12:15 AM
Becky26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,415
Users Flag! From india

518 likes received
273 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash22 View Post
Hey guys,

Firstly I'm sorry because I know there's a thousand threads on this subject already but this is leading to a specific question that I couldn't find an answer to.

We have a lot of evidence. We have recently spent 3 months together, we have pictures together and with family and friends attending events etc. Before we put in our application we will have done another two trips (one each) we're just starting to organise our evidence so when the time comes its all sorted. I've been keeping things like plane tickets, movie stubbs, tickets to events. I also have screenshots of Facebook of activities we've done together with the dates/photos so I think that's all covered.

My question is regarding communication. I read that a lot of people say they snapshot parts of conversation that are significant but most of our significant conversation happens verbally... however we only have time to Skype once a week due to our work schedules. So our Skype log shows about a 3hr weekly video chat and then we do chat on Facebook every day but it's not very indepth such as talking about our future. What would be your advice for our Facebook chat? You can't download a Facebook chat so unfortunately all I can do is copy/paste or screenshot.

Thank you.
Hey Ash22,

Yes! Screenshots is what we used as well. DIBP doesn't want your entire conversation, enough to evidence that you're in regular contact with your partner when apart.

Screenshot the Skype log of the video chat that you have and if you have work schedules for you and your partner, I'd submit that too evidencing that you have time constraints which is why you can't speak for 3 hours everyday. We also used What's App for messaging, it is quite easy to import the chat history from there via email.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Becky

__________________
2 Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart..

Applied: AHC, New Delhi
Visa Grant:October 16, 2014
PR Eligibility: July 22, 2015
Subclass 100 Submission: August 08, 2015
PR Grant: December 08, 2015
Citizenship Eligibility: October 20, 2018
Citizenship Application: October 22, 2018
Location: Paper Application, DIBP Brisbane
Citizenship Interview and Exam: August 08, 2019
Citizenship Approval: August 24, 2019
Citizenship Ceremony: Awaiting

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2016, 12:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 131
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
10 likes given
It's mostly the time difference that's the problem for us because I work nights and he works most days (my time). We do talk every day though via Facebook so I could screenshot a snippet of conversation like for every week? It's just I saw someone mention that they only included a significant conversations for once a month but all of our significant stuff we talk about in our video chats... The Facebook conversations are along the lines of "how was work?" "What did you have for lunch" we're not exactly talking future wedding plans over Facebook haha


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2016, 12:28 AM
Becky26's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,415
Users Flag! From india

518 likes received
273 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash22 View Post
It's mostly the time difference that's the problem for us because I work nights and he works most days (my time). We do talk every day though via Facebook so I could screenshot a snippet of conversation like for every week? It's just I saw someone mention that they only included a significant conversations for once a month but all of our significant stuff we talk about in our video chats... The Facebook conversations are along the lines of "how was work?" "What did you have for lunch" we're not exactly talking future wedding plans over Facebook haha
Ah! Fair enough, that schedule and different time zones will definitely make things difficult. My husband and I were on that schedule for a few weeks when we were living together and even then it was impossible to do things together

Yes, just screen shots conversations from alternate days, Facebook tags, photos etc. will come in handy. The Facebook conversations is what will help in evidencing you talk every day and those things are something that a couple living together asks each other proving emotional support if the other partner had a bad day for example. Wanting to know what they did during the day is something every partner wants to know and will ask.

Kind Regards,
Becky

__________________
2 Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart..

Applied: AHC, New Delhi
Visa Grant:October 16, 2014
PR Eligibility: July 22, 2015
Subclass 100 Submission: August 08, 2015
PR Grant: December 08, 2015
Citizenship Eligibility: October 20, 2018
Citizenship Application: October 22, 2018
Location: Paper Application, DIBP Brisbane
Citizenship Interview and Exam: August 08, 2019
Citizenship Approval: August 24, 2019
Citizenship Ceremony: Awaiting

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2016, 12:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 131
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
10 likes given
I'm just struggling with how much to include because I've read so many different things. One lady told me that she sent in 300 pages worth of emails. (They submitted a paper application)

What would everyone suggest is a generous, but not annoyingly generous amount of screenshots. How many and how frequently?

Thank you


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2016, 07:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 131
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
10 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash22 View Post
I'm just struggling with how much to include because I've read so many different things. One lady told me that she sent in 300 pages worth of emails. (They submitted a paper application)

What would everyone suggest is a generous, but not annoyingly generous amount of screenshots. How many and how frequently?

Thank you
Sorry to be annoying but is anyone able to give me advice on this? Please


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2016, 07:54 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,204
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1171 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash22 View Post
I'm just struggling with how much to include because I've read so many different things. One lady told me that she sent in 300 pages worth of emails. (They submitted a paper application)

What would everyone suggest is a generous, but not annoyingly generous amount of screenshots. How many and how frequently?

Thank you
It depends what country the applicant is from. If from a low risk country you don't require as much evidence as a high risk country. For a high risk country people usually provide no more than 1 chat extract per week.

They tell people not to submit all chat history just to provide an extract of it.

Call logs are abit different because they don't take up much room so you could provide all of them if you want to.


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2016, 07:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 131
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
10 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
It depends what country the applicant is from. If from a low risk country you don't require as much evidence as a high risk country. For a high risk country people usually provide no more than 1 chat extract per week.

They tell people not to submit all chat history just to provide an extract of it.

Call logs are abit different because they don't take up much room so you could provide all of them if you want to.
He's from the United states so I assume that's a low risk country? Would our weekly skype call log suffice or should I include one weekly Facebook excerpt also? Sorry, this is just so confusing. Thank you for responding to me


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2016, 08:29 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,204
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1171 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash22 View Post

He's from the United states so I assume that's a low risk country? Would our weekly skype call log suffice or should I include one weekly Facebook excerpt also? Sorry, this is just so confusing. Thank you for responding to me
If you are mentioning you keep in contact via both methods I would include some facebook extracts too. It is just to show you keep in contact.


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2016, 08:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 131
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
10 likes given
Okay thank you so much for your advice. I really appreciate it


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PMV: What do you think of our evidence? misspharmacist Visas and immigration 1 10-20-2015 01:42 PM
PMV evidence enough? Stereoman Visas and immigration 1 06-25-2015 08:51 AM
PMV Evidence Checklist thefreeman Visas and immigration 6 03-06-2015 08:06 AM
#PMV evidence Natalie89 Visas and immigration 1 07-22-2014 10:11 PM
Sending in evidence PMV Natalie89 Visas and immigration 2 06-07-2014 12:01 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com