Non-Immigrant Dependent Family Members

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Non-Immigrant Dependent Family Members


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2016, 08:27 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 4
Users Flag! From pakistan

Non-Immigrant Dependent Family Members

I am filling out an application for subclass 189 and following is one question need to be answered:

Non-migrating dependent family members
"Does the applicant have any dependent family members not travelling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?"



My parent(both mother and father) are living with me and are totally dependent on myself but under the definition of "Dependency" as per Australian Immigration Rule, they are not eligible for dependency. I am panning to apply for their visa once I give my entry in Australia (depending on visa issuance) and for now applying with my spouse and children.

So for now shall I answer "Yes" against this question and enter my parent details or shall I enter "No" as per definition of dependency?


Regards,
Taha Mansoor


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2016, 09:06 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Singapore
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmansoor View Post
I am filling out an application for subclass 189 and following is one question need to be answered:

Non-migrating dependent family members
"Does the applicant have any dependent family members not travelling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?"



My parent(both mother and father) are living with me and are totally dependent on myself but under the definition of "Dependency" as per Australian Immigration Rule, they are not eligible for dependency. I am panning to apply for their visa once I give my entry in Australia (depending on visa issuance) and for now applying with my spouse and children.

So for now shall I answer "Yes" against this question and enter my parent details or shall I enter "No" as per definition of dependency?


Regards,
Taha Mansoor
Hello Taha Mansoor,

The same doubt here did you find out any answer for this. Please share.

Thanks,
Kumar


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2016, 11:25 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,220
Users Flag! From canada

1528 likes received
148 likes given
Since they do not meet DIBP's definition of dependency, you should answer No.

__________________
186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream
Granted Dec 2013

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2016, 06:22 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Singapore
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From singapore

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-May24 View Post
Since they do not meet DIBP's definition of dependency, you should answer No.
Hi Maggie-May24,

Thank you for the answer.

Also, It would be of great help if you can share your thoughts about the following questions:

1) Employment section - Employment history in Immiaccount, in this section we should state all the experience we have until now opposed from what has been assessed by the ACS. Or the other way we have to state our experience that has been validated and assessed by the ACS department.
say e.g., i have a total experience of 6+ years but after the assessment I was only awarded to use 2.11 years of experience, in the Employment history I have to state the 2.11 years experience or the whole 6+ years of experience.

2) Employment in nominated occupation so in this section i get few options like a) Blank, b) less than 3 yrs in past 10 yrs, c) 3 yrs in past 10 yrs, d) 5 yrs in past 10 yrs and e) 8 yrs in past 10 yrs, so which one should i select i am a little confused here, if the above condition say, e.g., Employment history should be stated for all the yrs irrespective of the assessment then i should select d) 5 yrs in past 10 yrs, if not b) less than 3 yrs in past 10 yrs.

3) How to contact the DIAC or DIBP to get request letter for Police Clearance certificate in the places I have stayed for more than one year.

Thanks,
Kumar


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2016, 07:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,683
Users Flag! From australia

1132 likes received
330 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2484 View Post
1) Employment section - Employment history in Immiaccount, in this section we should state all the experience we have until now opposed from what has been assessed by the ACS. Or the other way we have to state our experience that has been validated and assessed by the ACS department.
say e.g., i have a total experience of 6+ years but after the assessment I was only awarded to use 2.11 years of experience, in the Employment history I have to state the 2.11 years experience or the whole 6+ years of experience.

2) Employment in nominated occupation so in this section i get few options like a) Blank, b) less than 3 yrs in past 10 yrs, c) 3 yrs in past 10 yrs, d) 5 yrs in past 10 yrs and e) 8 yrs in past 10 yrs, so which one should i select i am a little confused here, if the above condition say, e.g., Employment history should be stated for all the yrs irrespective of the assessment then i should select d) 5 yrs in past 10 yrs, if not b) less than 3 yrs in past 10 yrs.
I would prefer to work on immigration not seeing what you have given ACS, and just give all your actual details of work history.

After all, even when you have two visa applications in, they don't always look at the other application to get info from that.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801 PMV to PR 44 months.
Full Timeline: www.australiaforum.com/immigration-timelines/131018

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2016, 02:25 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Singapore
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
I would prefer to work on immigration not seeing what you have given ACS, and just give all your actual details of work history.

After all, even when you have two visa applications in, they don't always look at the other application to get info from that.
Hi JandE,

Thanks for your help.

Any idea on the below question:
3) How, When & Where to contact the DIAC or DIBP to get request letter for Police Clearance certificate in the places I have stayed for more than one year?

Thanks,
Kumar


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2016, 04:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,683
Users Flag! From australia

1132 likes received
330 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2484 View Post
Hi JandE,

Thanks for your help.

Any idea on the below question:
3) How, When & Where to contact the DIAC or DIBP to get request letter for Police Clearance certificate in the places I have stayed for more than one year?

Thanks,
Kumar
I wasn't aware that they issue request letters like that.
We just applied for Police Clearance direct in the country.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801 PMV to PR 44 months.
Full Timeline: www.australiaforum.com/immigration-timelines/131018

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2016, 02:52 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Singapore
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
I wasn't aware that they issue request letters like that.
We just applied for Police Clearance direct in the country.
Hi JandE,

Now that I am in living in Singapore for quite a sometime the only possible way to apply for PCC is through Indian Embassy. And the other day I inquired with the consultants in Singapore for these matters they say I need to get a request letter else cannot process or issue the PCC.

So sort of stuck in a situation whats the next action of plan to get the PCC ,if you come by any who has applied for Indian PCC for Australia in Singapore kindly let me know.

Thanks,
Kumar


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2016, 04:28 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 30
Users Flag! From uk

12 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2484 View Post
Hi JandE,

Now that I am in living in Singapore for quite a sometime the only possible way to apply for PCC is through Indian Embassy. And the other day I inquired with the consultants in Singapore for these matters they say I need to get a request letter else cannot process or issue the PCC.

So sort of stuck in a situation whats the next action of plan to get the PCC ,if you come by any who has applied for Indian PCC for Australia in Singapore kindly let me know.

Thanks,
Kumar
DIBP will request the police check when they want you to get it. Thats when yu will get a request letter to send.


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2016, 06:36 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Singapore
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyllan View Post
DIBP will request the police check when they want you to get it. Thats when yu will get a request letter to send.
Thank you Cyllan for your reply.

If you could shed light on this question would be grateful "Previous countries of residence" need to give addresses of the countries where we 'lived and worked and also the places we vacationed' or 'just the places we lived and worked'

--- Kumar.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doubt in FAMILY MEMBERS in the EOI Anand1234 Visas and immigration 1 10-26-2015 08:58 PM
Non-Migrating Dependent Family members idreesshah Visas and immigration 7 10-04-2015 06:07 AM
Dependent Family Members (175 application) Amuhru Visas and immigration 0 10-04-2013 05:34 PM
Question on family unit members mersue Visas and immigration 1 12-05-2012 03:20 AM
stat decs from family members qwerty Visas and immigration 14 09-17-2011 02:53 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:36 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com