300 or Visit & 820 ?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By CCMS
  • 1 Post By CCMS
  • 1 Post By JandE
  • 1 Post By JandE

300 or Visit & 820 ?


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2016, 04:11 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes given
Thumbs up 300 or Visit & 820 ?

Hi all,

Just wondering (currently engaged), she is from India (HR) and I'm an Australian citizen.

If I apply for a 300 visa now would I get it by say Feb 2017 ?

Secondly, what happens if we were to get married offshore in Jan 2017, can she then apply for a visit visa and while onshore apply for the 820 Partner Visa... ?

Thank you !
Elijah


Last edited by elijahk56; 04-12-2016 at 04:45 PM.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2016, 08:56 PM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,566
Users Flag! From australia

2424 likes received
181 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahk56 View Post
Hi all, Just wondering (currently engaged), she is from India (HR) and I'm an Australian citizen. If I apply for a 300 visa now would I get it by say Feb 2017 ? Secondly, what happens if we were to get married offshore in Jan 2017, can she then apply for a visit visa and while onshore apply for the 820 Partner Visa... ? Thank you ! Elijah
1) impossible to say how long it would take before a decision would be made and no guarantee the visa would be granted. Probably it would take about 12 months at least.
2) without a suitable period of co- habitation probably not a good idea. Furthermore, visitor visa may not be granted or come with " no further stay" .

Considering the high cost of partner visa applications, have you thought about getting some professional advice and working out a proper strategy?

www.ausvisa.net.au

elijahk56 likes this.
__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2016, 04:14 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes given
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
1) impossible to say how long it would take before a decision would be made and no guarantee the visa would be granted. Probably it would take about 12 months at least.
2) without a suitable period of co- habitation probably not a good idea. Furthermore, visitor visa may not be granted or come with " no further stay" .
Thanks heaps CCMS !!

In regards to the "no further stay" clause, do we request a waiver of such a clause whilst applying for the visa or prior ? Would being engaged for 12 month and then getting married offshore be a strong enough case for a visit visa without the NFS clause... ? or because its a HR country would it be impossible to waiver ?

As for the 300 Visa, if we do apply for it now and we get married offshore prior to it being granted, would she still be able to apply for a visit visa or would it hurt the 300 visa process ?

Thank you again !!!
Elijah


Last edited by elijahk56; 04-13-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2016, 08:49 PM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,566
Users Flag! From australia

2424 likes received
181 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
" No further stay" is imposed where there are concerns about " genuine visitor " requirements. Asking for it not to be imposed is not a good idea.

It may be easier to get a tourist visa, once a partner visa has been lodged , but " genuine visitor" requirements still need to be addressed.

If you don't know how to go about it, it may be best to engage a registered migration agent. www.ausvisa.net.au

elijahk56 likes this.
__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2016, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,703
Users Flag! From australia

1135 likes received
330 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahk56 View Post
Would being engaged for 12 month and then getting married offshore be a strong enough case for a visit visa without the NFS clause... ? or because its a HR country would it be impossible to waiver ?
Before we applied for the PMV the visitor visa had the NFS condition.
After we applied for the PMV the next visitor visa did not have the NFS condition.

elijahk56 likes this.
__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801 PMV to PR 44 months.
Full Timeline: www.australiaforum.com/immigration-timelines/131018

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2016, 11:39 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes given
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
" No further stay" is imposed where there are concerns about " genuine visitor " requirements. Asking for it not to be imposed is not a good idea.

It may be easier to get a tourist visa, once a partner visa has been lodged , but " genuine visitor" requirements still need to be addressed.
Thanks again CCMS !


Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Before we applied for the PMV the visitor visa had the NFS condition.
After we applied for the PMV the next visitor visa did not have the NFS condition.
Thank heaps for your reply JandE !

So your saying we can start the application for PMV and then apply for a visit visa, while its still being processed ?

Regards,
Elijah


Last edited by elijahk56; 04-14-2016 at 11:42 AM.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,703
Users Flag! From australia

1135 likes received
330 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahk56 View Post
Thank heaps for your reply JandE !

So your saying we can start the application for PMV and then apply for a visit visa, while its still being processed ?

Regards,
Elijah
I get the feeling that the chances will be increased on that basis. But still no guarantees of anything.

elijahk56 likes this.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801 PMV to PR 44 months.
Full Timeline: www.australiaforum.com/immigration-timelines/131018

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
300 or 820 or 309? fido11 Visas and immigration 3 06-18-2015 04:41 AM
Partner Visa 820 & WHV & BVB rodolfoyiu Visas and immigration 3 03-24-2014 03:16 AM
820/801 visa application during tourist visit MikeOz Visas and immigration 13 01-09-2014 10:30 PM
pmv 300 to 820 application chicken999 Visas and immigration 14 01-08-2014 10:31 AM
PMV 300 to visa 820 Aussieboy07 Visas and immigration 53 12-31-2013 10:31 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:41 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com