On Shore Partner Visa

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dingo144

On Shore Partner Visa

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 03:04 AM
bex bex is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From canada

On Shore Partner Visa

My boyfriend(of almost 2 years) and I would like to move to Australia. He is an Australian citizen, I am Canadian. His work visa for Canada is running out and we would like to move back to Australia within the next couple of months. We were just in Australia in October and I have an ETA that is valid until August of next year. Because of our time frame we are wondering what the best way to lodge an application would be. We are thinking the Onshore Partner Visa would be the best way to go as we are limited on time and need to get back to Australia. What do I need to get into the country so we can apply for the Partner Visa? Can I get in (legally) on the current ETA I have or do I need to get another type of visa to get in. Can I say to immigration that I'm intending to stay and apply for the Partner visa or will they turn me away?
Any information anyone has on this would be great, thanks!

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 AM
dingo144's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 298
Users Flag! From austria

53 likes received
28 likes given
Dear Bex,

You can enter Australia on your ETA but you can't tell them that you intent on staying permanently...it's like a little loopwhole there..not entirely legal but lots (including myself do it)...

As soon as you are here you can lodge your onshore application


bma likes this.

Bridging Visa A granted 5.April 2012
Work restriction removed 4.May 2012

Bridging Visa B granted 10.July 2012 (travel in August)

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
On Shore Partner Visa AOS Question Loveyes09 Visas and immigration 2 05-23-2011 06:36 PM
Do you have to send your passport when applying for spouse visa on shore??? charlottewilliams7 New member introductions 2 04-23-2011 05:43 PM
On shore spouse visa raymp Visas and immigration 1 01-16-2011 10:14 PM
Need advise off shore Partner Visa with a baby of the relationship aussiemum Visas and immigration 4 12-15-2010 06:09 AM
Can I apply Visa 457 on shore? IamAI Visas and immigration 1 08-21-2009 03:59 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.