NOIM on visa 600 with a no 8503 - Page 3

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2Likes

NOIM on visa 600 with a no 8503 - Page 3


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2016, 06:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 368
Users Flag! From australia

108 likes received
36 likes given
Sorry bud, you don't need evidence for something that seems logical.

__________________
PMV 300 Application
Processing Centre:
Shanghai
Received: 24/03/14
CO assigned: 16/05/14
Medicals: Requested on: 16/05/14 Completed 22/05/2014 Cleared: 27/06/14
Police check: Requested on: 16/05/14 Obtained on: 26/05/2014
Tourist Visa: Granted on 30/05/14, 12 months multiple entry. Entered 20/07/14.
---
Switched from 300 to 309 application in 11/2014
309 Visa granted: 02/03/2015
100 Visa: Application submitted awaiting response.
100 Visa granted: 19/05/2018 (14.5 month wait)

  #22 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,952
Users Flag! From australia

1448 likes received
401 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejainc View Post
Sorry bud, you don't need evidence for something that seems logical.
OK you refuse to look it up?


  #23 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,683
Users Flag! From australia

1132 likes received
330 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampk View Post
OK you refuse to look it up?
Do you know anyone who has not been refused Medicare while on a Tourist visa, other than when the reciprocal agreements allow it.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801 PMV to PR 44 months.
Full Timeline: www.australiaforum.com/immigration-timelines/131018

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,952
Users Flag! From australia

1448 likes received
401 likes given


What this visa lets you do

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) lets you:
•enter Australia and stay here until a decision is made about your permanent Partner visa
•work in Australia
•study in Australia, but with no access to government funding
•enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses.

__________________________________________________ _____________



What this visa lets you do

The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) lets you:
•stay in Australia until a decision is made about your permanent Partner visa
•work in Australia
•study in Australia, but with no access to government funding
•enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
__________________________________________________ _____________


Please show the logical difference, simply if you apply on shoe on a Visitor Visa you can get Medicare? and not wait for Visitor Visa to expire!!!!!

You simply refuse to read the applicable/requirements and then comprehend, there is NO difference in every part of onshore vs offshore Partner Visa except you must be IN or OUT of the country at time of decision.

That is the only documented thing I have seen and seeing is a logical thing you can show Medicare staff.


  #25 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,952
Users Flag! From australia

1448 likes received
401 likes given
JandE, sorry you do not understand the key is Apply Permanent Visa!!!!!!!!!


The how you get here is the only thing you are looking at. But that said If the OP puts in a onshore next week can they get Medicare immediately or have to wait for Tourist Visa to expire? If you say immediate (we know many do this) how can they? they are on a Tourist Visa!


  #26 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,952
Users Flag! From australia

1448 likes received
401 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Do you know anyone who has not been refused Medicare while on a Tourist visa, other than when the reciprocal agreements allow it.
Do not know her personally but she posted this on this site a few years back.

Hi harikumar,

I got my medicare card yesterday. I am in Australia on a tourist visa (subclass 600) and I applied for a partner visa (309/100) offshore in October 2014. I went to a medicare center with my husband, I brought with me the filled medicare application, I gave them a copy of my "acknowledgment of application received" email, a copy of the receipt of payment, a copy of my current 600 visa, my wedding certificate (to prove my ties to an Australian citizen - or in your case to a permanent resident) and I walked out of the medicare center half an hour later with a temporary medicare card. I don't understand why yours got refused.

Go to another medicare. If you're in the Brisbane area, I can tell you where I went, because the lady there was just super nice and processed it immediately.

Good luck,

Cecile

P.S this poster is French( No agreement) and applied fro USA.


Last edited by ampk; 05-16-2016 at 08:07 AM.

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2016, 08:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 368
Users Flag! From australia

108 likes received
36 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampk View Post
OK you refuse to look it up?
My rates are $350 per hour + any disbursements.

ampk likes this.
__________________
PMV 300 Application
Processing Centre:
Shanghai
Received: 24/03/14
CO assigned: 16/05/14
Medicals: Requested on: 16/05/14 Completed 22/05/2014 Cleared: 27/06/14
Police check: Requested on: 16/05/14 Obtained on: 26/05/2014
Tourist Visa: Granted on 30/05/14, 12 months multiple entry. Entered 20/07/14.
---
Switched from 300 to 309 application in 11/2014
309 Visa granted: 02/03/2015
100 Visa: Application submitted awaiting response.
100 Visa granted: 19/05/2018 (14.5 month wait)

  #28 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2016, 08:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,952
Users Flag! From australia

1448 likes received
401 likes given
Look above posts and facts- ok will agree to $350 (USD I assume). Lets start at zero hours now & donate all to charity?

You start first hour of work as I have posted facts not logic. I am good for the cash or lets sort a holding pen for that after your factual reply.

Aaron.

P.S you pay me the same hr rate, I am registered for GST are you? (is it inc or + gst Your call).


Last edited by ampk; 05-16-2016 at 12:38 PM.

  #29 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2016, 04:49 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 39
Users Flag! From indonesia

hi with regards to 820 we do not have joint bank acc or any lease papers . is this a must for diac or an option? rest i can show that he transfers money for my personal use and all other expenses.
pls suggest main evidence for 820.


  #30 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2016, 07:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,683
Users Flag! From australia

1132 likes received
330 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampk View Post
Do not know her personally but she posted this on this site a few years back.

Hi harikumar,

I got my medicare card yesterday. I am in Australia on a tourist visa (subclass 600) and I applied for a partner visa (309/100) offshore in October 2014. I went to a medicare center with my husband, I brought with me the filled medicare application, I gave them a copy of my "acknowledgment of application received" email, a copy of the receipt of payment, a copy of my current 600 visa, my wedding certificate (to prove my ties to an Australian citizen - or in your case to a permanent resident) and I walked out of the medicare center half an hour later with a temporary medicare card. I don't understand why yours got refused.

Go to another medicare. If you're in the Brisbane area, I can tell you where I went, because the lady there was just super nice and processed it immediately.

Good luck,

Cecile

P.S this poster is French( No agreement) and applied fro USA.
One example some years back versus many refusals, isn't an indication of the rules not being applied correctly 99% of the time.

One thing I can guarantee, after a 10+ year life with a daily interaction with Centrelink/Medicare, is that occasional mistakes do happen, and things get granted when they shouldn't.

The normal ruling for this is:
If onshore Partner visa is applied, then Medicare is allowed, with the issue of the bridging visa.

If offshore partner visa is applied, and no bridging visa is issued, then the person is in the country on a tourist visa and medicare should be denied.
It is a pity as I had hoped we could get it on PMV. But the rules told us no. It became available as soon as we had the bridging visa notification after 820 lodgement.

Some wording is ambiguous on various forms, and this for example is often referred to:

Quote:
You might be eligible for Medicare benefits if you are residing in Australia and are:
an applicant for permanent visas (some exclusions apply) who has a right to work in Australia and/or is sponsored by a parent, partner or child who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident
However, note the words Might and (some exclusions apply). This allows the legislation to be correctly applied.

Basically, if you are in the country on a temporary resident visa, and have applied for permanent, then you are eligible. (some exclusions apply).

If you are in the country on a visitor visa, and have applied for permanent, then you are NOT eligible. (some exclusions apply)

And that is where the difference lies. The visa that you are actually using to be in the country.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801 PMV to PR 44 months.
Full Timeline: www.australiaforum.com/immigration-timelines/131018

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visa 600 without 8503 condition leandro.monteiro Visas and immigration 1 02-08-2016 05:43 AM
Thailand Visitor 600 Visa - 8503 (No Further Stay) Questions qldguy Visas and immigration 0 10-28-2015 02:39 AM
Tourist Visa Without 8503 megzchong Visas and immigration 4 10-30-2014 04:29 AM
Visit visa and condition 8503 boycot123 Visas and immigration 21 09-26-2014 03:34 AM
How does visa officer determine condition 8503 bendf Visas and immigration 7 06-03-2014 05:31 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com