Student visa/partner visa/bridging visa

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Student visa/partner visa/bridging visa

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2016, 04:53 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From austria

Student visa/partner visa/bridging visa

Hi everyone!

i am an international student from Europe (Austria) and i am here on a
student visa (streamlined) until august 2018. I will finish my diploma course in the end of june.
The plan was after the diploma course to do the bachelors (beginning in july).
Unfortunately the education provider cancelled this course as they have not enough
students for the midyear intake. The situation is then that i would have to book another course
or leave the country until february. (when the next bachelor course will start).
My partner and I are going to apply for a partnervisa soon. We will receive also
the certificate of a registered relationship next week (We live in Victoria).
We already know that while I am holding then a bridging visa, the student visa criteria apply.
Which means restricted working hours and so on, until my current visa expires (2018).
Why question is... do i still have to leave the country or book another course while
i am holding the bridging visa?
And another question: As my partner and I are planning to become parents and other personal reasons, do i have to
continue study in february?

Warm regards, Petra

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,220
Users Flag! From canada

1528 likes received
148 likes given
I believe you run the risk of your student visa being cancelled if you don't continue to study. If your student visa is cancelled, your bridging visa is also cancelled.

186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream
Granted Dec 2013

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Student Visa to Bridging Visa (Partner Application) lgschwab Visas and immigration 1 03-22-2016 07:56 AM
Question about bridging visa a (from student to partner visa) lilychee Visas and immigration 3 04-14-2015 01:05 AM
Visa change question - Student visa to Bridging visa A(Partnership visa) lufee Visas and immigration 5 08-05-2014 01:49 AM
Work rights on bridging visa : from Student visa 573 to partner visa 820/801 rcar Visas and immigration 2 08-22-2012 06:28 AM
Work rights for Bridging A: Student visa to Partner 820 Ozz Visas and immigration 2 08-17-2012 08:26 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.