Posibilities of PR Holder to bring in Partner and Kids in to Australia

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeremy Hooper

Posibilities of PR Holder to bring in Partner and Kids in to Australia


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2016, 03:40 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From papuanewguinea

3 likes given
Posibilities of PR Holder to bring in Partner and Kids in to Australia

I need help from those who can help me out.

My wife is doing her Masters in Professional Accounting and we are on Visa Sub-class 573. She is self-sponsored and I am working in a meat works to sustain us from living in Australia. Our son was born here in Australia in 2013 and we have been living here for the last 4 years now.
Because of the living cost here is too much for me to support us all here, I have decided to take my son and go back home so it will be cheaper for only her to live here.
I am think if it would be possible for us to do this. When my wife finish her studies, she can apply for her Permanent Residency. Once when she gets her PR, than me and my son can apply to come back to Australia on her PR. I don't know if this would be possible.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2016, 06:28 AM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,566
Users Flag! From australia

2424 likes received
181 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
I need help from those who can help me out.

My wife is doing her Masters in Professional Accounting and we are on Visa Sub-class 573. She is self-sponsored and I am working in a meat works to sustain us from living in Australia. Our son was born here in Australia in 2013 and we have been living here for the last 4 years now.
Because of the living cost here is too much for me to support us all here, I have decided to take my son and go back home so it will be cheaper for only her to live here.
I am think if it would be possible for us to do this. When my wife finish her studies, she can apply for her Permanent Residency. Once when she gets her PR, than me and my son can apply to come back to Australia on her PR. I don't know if this would be possible.
You and your son could possibly be included in your wife's PR application, which will be the fastest and cheapest way. The alternative would be for your wife to sponsor you and your son on a partner visa once she has PR. This would take much longer and be a lot more expensive

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2016, 07:04 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From papuanewguinea

3 likes given
Thanks for the Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
You and your son could possibly be included in your wife's PR application, which will be the fastest and cheapest way. The alternative would be for your wife to sponsor you and your son on a partner visa once she has PR. This would take much longer and be a lot more expensive




Thankyou CCMS. When you mentioned me and my son could possibly be included in my wife's PR application, is it possible to do that when we offshore??? I thought we could only do that if we still in Australia with her when she is applying for PR???


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2016, 07:12 AM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,566
Users Flag! From australia

2424 likes received
181 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Which visa will she be applying for ?

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2016, 07:27 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From papuanewguinea

3 likes given
PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
Which visa will she be applying for ?

We are on Sub-class 573. She is thinking of applying for PR after completing her studies. Or else she wants to apply for Graduate Visa if she doesn't have enough points to apply for PR.


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2016, 08:35 AM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,566
Users Flag! From australia

2424 likes received
181 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
We are on Sub-class 573. She is thinking of applying for PR after completing her studies. Or else she wants to apply for Graduate Visa if she doesn't have enough points to apply for PR.
So she is thinking of applying for a sc. 189 or 190 visa as a preferred option?

www.ausvisa.net.au

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-23-2016, 03:30 AM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,566
Users Flag! From australia

2424 likes received
181 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
Thankyou CCMS. When you mentioned me and my son could possibly be included in my wife's PR application, is it possible to do that when we offshore??? I thought we could only do that if we still in Australia with her when she is applying for PR???
It depends on the visa you are applying for.

In the case of a sc. 189 application:

An applicant may be*in*or or outside Australia, when application is lodged.

The applicant may be in or outside Australia when the visa is granted.

An application by a person claiming to be a member of the family unit of a person who is an applicant for a Skilled Independent (Permanent) (Class SI) visa may be made at the same time as, and combined with, the application by that person.

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-23-2016, 04:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,340
Users Flag! From australia

682 likes received
239 likes given
If your wife applies for a Skilled Graduate Visa sc485 she will not be able to include you and your child on the application. You will have to wait until she is granted the visa and then you and your child will be able to apply for the same visa offshore so you can join her.

CCMS likes this.

__________________
Jeremy W Hooper BEng MSc Grad Dip App Finance Dip Australian Migration Law MMIA MMA, MM&EA
MARN 0107902

[email protected]

http://4australianvisas.com

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much cash to bring to Australia MakJee Travel questions 3 02-12-2014 07:43 PM
Australia for kids Editor Issues and current events 0 06-01-2013 12:10 AM
How to bring fiancee to Australia kratos Visas and immigration 0 09-11-2012 01:43 AM
I want to bring my wife to australia!! Rinash Visas and immigration 3 02-19-2010 08:57 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:21 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com